• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2019

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Is Hansen really on the out? I find that incredible considering that leaves only Lealiifano and a Kiwi. Like Rebels - apparently ditched youngster Mcgregor, but kept a kiwi Adams. Hopefully Rebels can get Quade and the Brumbies...someone.

It'll be interesting to see how the Brumbies go about replacing the 10 players.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Is Hansen really on the out? I find that incredible considering that leaves only Lealiifano and a Kiwi. Like Rebels - apparently ditched youngster Mcgregor, but kept a kiwi Adams. Hopefully Rebels can get Quade and the Brumbies.someone.

It'll be interesting to see how the Brumbies go about replacing the 10 players.
Wouldnt see why they ditch Hansen, gun young player for the future.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Wonder if someone like Verity-Am might be thinking of returning to the West? Looking for more game time, perhaps. What would Chance Peni's status be?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Can someone in the know in Brumbieland please list the 10 departees.

This is the Brumbies organisation. They wont make an announcement until after the fact and too late for the fans to at least say thank-you and farewell. Matter of fact they will be one of the last to actually announce anything.

Right now there nothing on the Brumbies website, nothing on their Facebook. nothing on twitter but here is Andrew Smith's retirement announcement straight from the horses ass mouth in the CBR Times:

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sp...retires-from-super-rugby-20180711-p4zqx0.html

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Why overshadow what could be their last game (hopefully not) by making an announcement? Too much attention going into a critical game. That being said, my money’s on Carter going

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Really though ? They are probably going to thrash all the teams in WSR anyway giving them more firepower might not help.

I wasn't thinking performance. Was thinking that have locally developed talent is good for ticket sales and good for game development.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Andrew Smith confirmed gone

The Brumbies' 'Mr Reliable' Andrew Smith retires from Super Rugby

Smith, the Brumbies' Mr Reliable for almost a decade, made a low-key and humble retirement announcement this week, calling time on his career and walking away from the game.

"For me and my family, it's the right time for me to walk away. It hasn't been a big thing, I didn't stand in front of the group and tell them, but if someone asked me what I was doing I was just honest about it.

"It's been in the back of my mind for a while now. It's just been trying to get the balance right between football and family life. And in the last few weeks I've finalised that decision [that it's time to retire]."

"To be able to start my career in Canberra and finish it here, that's something that's pretty special and something I'm really proud of."

Source: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sp...retires-from-super-rugby-20180711-p4zqx0.html

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
Mees Erasmus > Rebels
Les Makin > France
Nic Mayhew > NZ
Richie Arnold > Japan
Sione Faalelei reported to be moving on
Robbie Abel reported to be moving on

LHP Lloyd returning to the Brumbies from the Western Force

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Mees Erasmus > Rebels
Les Makin > France
Nic Mayhew > NZ
Richie Arnold > Japan
Sione Faalelei reported to be moving on
Robbie Abel reported to be moving on

LHP Lloyd returning to the Brumbies from the Western Force
Gees our reserve front rows going to be pants next year :-(

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
If that list is on the money consider that being a RWC year Cheika will most likely expect certain players to have workloads managed and possibly be called in to camps. It will leave the Brumbies very light on.

It's unsurprising as well that that group are going as McKellar's not a fan of sharing workload or using the bench much.