• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v British & Irish Lions Tuesday 18 June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well done to the Brumbies. Very good value for their win and it would have been a shame if we had pinched it at the end.

I thought for the Lions Faletau & Kearney did really well. Hibbard was excellent when he came on, Best stood out for the terrible lineout throwing.

The likes of Barrett, Twelvetrees, Wade & Williams were no where near the standard of the backs who played at the weekend. The team selection didn't do any favours for those players who may have felt they had a genuine shot at a test spot. The guys who came off the bench were generally pretty good and there was a real lift in performance.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
I was a bit disappointed to see Robbie Coleman on the bench rather than at 12, thought he could've added a lot to their attack. Smith was alright, particularly in defence but I would've liked to have seen Coleman.

Speaking of centres, the Lions' duo were pretty bloody average.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
JSRF10, are you sure about that?

The Single Malts have taught us a thing or two about playing in the wet in recent times. The VERY VERY Wet as well.

Yes they have but not a fly half who hasn't played there since school!

Of the possible test contenders thought that SOB was ok, Faletau was meh and Kearney looked like a guy who was playing his first game in a while! Have to say I am gutted for Rory Best, what a terrible time in your career to go through a period of poor form!

Delighted for the Ponies, they deserved it

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I was a bit disappointed to see Robbie Coleman on the bench rather than at 12, thought he could've added a lot to their attack. Smith was alright, particularly in defence but I would've liked to have seen Coleman.

Speaking of centres, the Lions' duo were pretty bloody average.

I can see why Coleman isn't preffered at 12 as the Brumbies would lose that staunch midfield defence which has played a big part in their success.........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How did the Smith Twins played?

I don't think JP made it on the field?

Ruan scrummaged ok for a rookie up against such a high level of opposition, and again seemed to get involved around the field.........

Was definitely shown up at scrumtime though when the Lions brought on the reinforcements in the second half.........

Overall though not a bad effort.........

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Well done Brumbies. I got it all wrong in my assesment of what the Brumbies needed to do and happy to eat crow.

A huge congratulations to Mogg on a sensational game. He just gave a massive FU to Deans.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gotta be happy for Aust Rugby tonight.

Yes it was the Lions B team, but the record books will show that the Lions lost at least one game on tour to a provincial team. It was also the Ponies B team as well if one wants to split hairs.

In years to come, if you count up all the people who will reckon that they were there, the Canberra Stadium would have been full to a capacity of about 200,000 people.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Well done Ponies.

Awesome.

To'omua. Shit.

PS I have never seen Jake as animated as that.

P

Paradox

Just back from the game. Absolutely buzzing. That was just a great effort and history was made. So proud of the Brumbies. I don't think I've ever seen a better tackling fly half than To'omua. He sat every Lions forward on their ass with big hits. He fluffed a few kicks but his composure overall was excellent. So many great efforts. Line out went to poo when Siliva went off but the defense in the second half was good enough.

Lions fans around us were fantastic. Just a great event and I think Aussie rugby shut up the naysayers for a while at least. Bring on the Wallabies!

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Just got home from the game and still can't believe the boys came through for us. Massive effort from them all. Looking forward to watching the game on IQ; just not tonight :) The Ginger Ninja has certainly found form. Shame he's leaving, but what a great way to go.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well done to the Brumbies. Very good value for their win and it would have been a shame if we had pinched it at the end.

I thought for the Lions Faletau & Kearney did really well. Hibbard was excellent when he came on, Best stood out for the terrible lineout throwing.

The likes of Barrett, Twelvetrees, Wade & Williams were no where near the standard of the backs who played at the weekend. The team selection didn't do any favours for those players who may have felt they had a genuine shot at a test spot. The guys who came off the bench were generally pretty good and there was a real lift in performance.

Thats true but swap it around speight To'omua, rathbone, sio, carter, fardy come on with 25 to go they should dominate as well... I fell for the lions with what they put out but we could have had pocock and smith out there.. not less the walliabies bunch

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Well done Brumbies! Absolutely rapt for you, that'll shut the Lions rabble up for a bit. On a side note, where is Kimlin off to next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.