• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Chiefs Rd 11 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
lilo and mogg had average games

Nobody-cares-spongebob.jpg

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Brumbies look a team that plays good intelligent rugby, and I sincerely hope that Link doesn't go picking White and To'omua for the Wallabies, they look bloody good to me. I really think he should stick with Genia and QC (Quade Cooper);)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Someone tell Dave Dennis to watch this game and follow everything Ben Mowen does. Gets into Walsh's ear about the quick line outs and low and behold, nek minute Walsh is calling them back for a quick line out.

tic

Herbert Moran (7)
Brumbies look a team that plays good intelligent rugby, and I sincerely hope that Link doesn't go picking White and To'omua for the Wallabies, they look bloody good to me. I really think he should stick with Genia and QC (Quade Cooper);)

Genia and Cooper are the form halves in a struggling side. They will carve the AB's up.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Someone tell Dave Dennis to watch this game and follow everything Ben Mowen does. Gets into Walsh's ear about the quick line outs and low and behold, nek minute Walsh is calling them back for a quick line out.

Benny is a fantastic captain calm and likable to refs. He never get annoyed at the ref.. I remember earlier this year he said to one of the refs 'You dont worry Mate, im going to tear him a new one' and processed to tear one of his players a new one about stupid penalties..

Looking like the your hard done by is not the way..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Good win Brumbies.

The ceremony before the game could have been better as it didn't look like a NZ flag present as well as the Australian flag at half mast. That would have been a little more respectful in my view personally.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Chiefs really lacking direction out there in attack without TKB and/or Cruden.

Messam isn't a great captain either. Very good player and someone I rate highly but not as an onfield leader when his team needs a rocket.

Chiefs played lateral particularly in the midfield. When they got their game going though, it was their forwards who stepped it up not their backs. But Bernie coached his team well to diffuse a lot of that close in forward momentum for most of the game.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wow, the brumbies can NEVER say anything negative against Steve Walsh again. All the 50/50s and even 70/30s went the way of the brumbies.

Brumbies infringe: "No white!!!!", doesn't blow whistle
Chiefs infringe: "phweeeeeeep"

In from the side, offside, forward passes, whatever you want to pick, high tackles, feet into touch, the brumbies were allowed to get away with it, whilst the chiefs got penalised for the same.

Dominant display by the Brumbies 16th man.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Wow, the brumbies can NEVER say anything negative against Steve Walsh again. All the 50/50s and even 70/30s went the way of the brumbies.

Brumbies infringe: "No white!!!!", doesn't blow whistle
Chiefs infringe: "phweeeeeeep"

In from the side, offside, forward passes, whatever you want to pick, high tackles, feet into touch, the brumbies were allowed to get away with it, whilst the chiefs got penalised for the same.

Dominant display by the Brumbies 16th man.

Butthurt.png

M

Moono75

Errr. SBW didn't play last year and they won.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
They just realised that. Not the same team. ...few injuries. ..maybe they will kick on in the 2nd half of season.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Almost the complete opposite to last years GF where the Chiefs had finals at home, whilst the Brumbies travelled 30,000 kms.

The Chiefs injuries really hurt them but their depth has been a feature of their 2 recent titles and it only took that yellow card to James Lowe to open up the game.

It's good to see the Brumbies finish off a game properly. The only real time they have was the Hurricanes game where they had 4 tries and have 5 games where they have scored 3 tries this season.

The trailing off towards the end of games is still a concern and the 2 tries from the Chiefs were when the Brumbies were really on the backfoot after a series of penalties and scrum issues.

The bench needs to gain experience and it's a case of chicken or the egg about when to give them those chances.

It's a good win and they'll take with a tough stretch of games coming up including the Crusaders (a), Sharks (h) then the SA tour of Cheetahs and Bulls then the Rebels (h).

Status
Not open for further replies.