• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Chiefs Rd 11 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
thought the rub of the green certainly went the Brumbies way, but they deserved the win anyways. Chiefs were shit for most of the time, nowhere near as good as 2012 or 2013 even. Of course with a big chunk of the 1st choice team out, it was always going to be harder, but there's no excuse for some of the poor play they were guilty off. Brumbies did well to capitalise on their chances, but their reserves let them down a bit. I felt a little for the young fulla who came on at halfback, first thing he does is feed a scrum the opposition wins, then he gets run through by the opposing halfback who scores a try... but that's super rugby for you.

Thought both the TMO'd tries were coming off marginal forward passes, the first one was only just forward because of the angle the passing player ran (To'omua?), but I was kind of OK with them being given. They were nowhere near as bad as the try the Cheetahs got against the Chiefs a few weeks back (thanks for that one again, Mr Joubert). Wouldn't mind the Chiefs cashing in on one of those awful TMO decisions once in a while, though.

Got to say, Stephen Moore is Australia's Richie McCaw, when it comes to transgressing the laws at the breakdown. He is infringing at almost every ruck, and if he's not there, it is usually because he is on the opposition side, lazily running backwards, impeding quick scrumhalf ball. It's very good play as long as he gets away with it, but infuriating to watch. The turnover when he came in straight from the side and heeled the ball back towards the Brumbies with Walsh 1 meter away from the ruck was agonising to watch.

I'd pick that annoying fucker in a heartbeat for the ABs!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Won the set piece ??? It was towards the Brumbies till we started our subs

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Not entirely true........

Much like the game against the Reds the Brumbies' scrum was more dominant for the first 3/4 of the match, but unlike the game against the Reds the form reversal occurred before the subs were brought on........

Twice they managed to kick the ball back through to the Chiefs' side while under pressure..........

Very sloppy..........

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Won the set piece ??? It was towards the Brumbies till we started our subs

Brumbies didn't pinch a single Chiefs line out and actually lost one.

Chiefs scrum absolutely molested your subs and was I'm pretty sure won at least 1, if not 2 tightheads before the subs even came on.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not entirely true....

Much like the game against the Reds the Brumbies' scrum was more dominant for the first 3/4 of the match, but unlike the game against the Reds the form reversal occurred before the subs were brought on....

Twice they managed to kick the ball back through to the Chiefs' side while under pressure....

Very sloppy....
Wasnt sure the timing but it was late.. and I though Alexander was off before that started

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Brumbies should have won far more than 1 out of 12 Chiefs line outs, even if the Chiefs throw conservatively.

Chiefs scrum absolutely molested your subs and was I'm pretty sure won at least 1, if not 2 tightheads before the subs even came on.

Lol 12 lineouts did you watch the game they didn't form a line out so they could quick throw..

There were 3 scrums where the ball got kicked back .. but was weird we werent going backwards we had sub second row and blind side for 1 or 2 and the whole front row and half bsck by the last.. But hey lets forget the first 60 to 70 mins of the game.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lol 12 lineouts did you watch the game they didn't form a line out so they could quick throw..

There were 3 scrums where the ball got kicked back .. but was weird we werent going backwards we had sub second row and blind side for 1 or 2 and the whole front row and half bsck by the last.. But hey lets forget the first 60 to 70 mins of the game.

I think you've been drinking too much.......

The only change in the Brumbies' pack when the Chiefs won those first 2 tightheads was Smiler coming off........

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think you've been drinking too much...

The only change in the Brumbies' pack when the Chiefs won those 2 tightheads was Smiler coming off....
I thought Whetton was on as well the commentary called it late but I think Carter was off

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Well done Brumbies. Impressive performance I thought, everything about it was professional. Players picked in their correct positions, coherent game plan and correct options taken pretty much every time. (in stark contrast to what the Waratahs served up unfortunately).

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think you've been drinking too much...

The only change in the Brumbies' pack when the Chiefs won those 2 tightheads was Smiler coming off....

And probably drank too much I had to drink everytime the tahs dropped the ball

Reactions: mst
P

Paradox

Back from the game. That was a great event. Seeing the VC winners at 1/2 time was amazing and the atmosphere was fantastic.

Obviously it helped that the Brumbies won :) Great defense from the Brumbies until their weakish subs came on. Prior to that they really just locked the Chiefs out and won the collisions and break down. The Chiefs were quite concerned about their lineout and went for quick throws all the time. I sometimes felt that put them in a poor position as the Brumbies weren't missing those one on ones and the Chiefs were consequently losing the numbers game (with only 3-4 players behind the ball).

P

Paradox

I'm not at the point where I care if the brumbies win or lose anymore because my teams long gone now ( :( ), but I do like to watch a fair game.

And this one wasn't.

So the Chiefs deserved to win?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Wow, the brumbies can NEVER say anything negative against Steve Walsh again. All the 50/50s and even 70/30s went the way of the brumbies.

Brumbies infringe: "No white!!!!", doesn't blow whistle
Chiefs infringe: "phweeeeeeep"

In from the side, offside, forward passes, whatever you want to pick, high tackles, feet into touch, the brumbies were allowed to get away with it, whilst the chiefs got penalised for the same.

Dominant display by the Brumbies 16th man.

Oh, pick me - I know the answer to this one!!!!

Steve Moore should have got a yellow card for punching:p

Maybe a bit of the rub of the green but they certainly out played the Chiefs regardless.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Back from the game. That was a great event. Seeing the VC winners at 1/2 time was amazing and the atmosphere was fantastic.

Obviously it helped that the Brumbies won :) Great defense from the Brumbies until their weakish subs came on. Prior to that they really just locked the Chiefs out and won the collisions and break down. The Chiefs were quite concerned about their lineout and went for quick throws all the time. I sometimes felt that put them in a poor position as the Brumbies weren't missing those one on ones and the Chiefs were consequently losing the numbers game (with only 3-4 players behind the ball).

I was a little concerned when our subs were on but they need game time and need to be exposed to some good teams like the Chiefs. Its a hard thing to do. very ugly as we saw but necessary.

I thought McVerry was Ok but you could see like George Smith said on his return its a big step up and the Super Rugby is a lot faster. It looks like we will get some reward from him.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
So the Chiefs deserved to win?
I didn't say that at all.

What I can say is that you guys have no case against Steve Walsh anymore. He has made amends for whatever slight you think he previously made against your team.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

What I can say is that you guys have no case against Steve Walsh anymore. He has made amends for whatever slight you think he previously made against your team.

So 2 games where his fair makes up for 18 years of super rugby duds..

P

Paradox

Which calls are you referring to that favoured us given that George Ayoub adjudicated over the 2 tries?

Status
Not open for further replies.