• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies V Force Round 1 - 2012R01

Status
Not open for further replies.

brumsfan

Sydney Middleton (9)
check out the stats of the games at http://thescore.com.au/matches/rugby/match12966.html interesting reading, the tackle count was almost 2:1 against Brumbies shows what happens when you kick the ball back too much.
I thought Ita had some very good moments but my main concern hasn't changed, the low workrate is very noticable between him and all the other back rowers.
Fantastic for the team and something to build on, hopefully as confidence grows the play will become more expansive.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Dont get personal - particularly if you're going to put links up which show what you look like!

I think you might need to check the definition of a tackle because it certainly does not involve and cannot involve falling or diving on top of a player already on the ground.

There was nothing Charles could have done to stop that try and he left his feet long after the try scorer had grounded the ball. It was late and it was above the armpits.

Kaplan would have binned him and would have been right to do so: its dumb play because it achieves absolutely nothing and runs the risk of the ref seeing it my way. Since you are a Force supporter perhaps you ought to focus on how low a percentage play it was.

Definition of a tackle. He was committed so it was either go down or try to jump over him. It's just a normal thing that happens in a game. I have never seem someone carded for that sort of play.

Meat head was a joke mate. Apologies.

I don't think what he did deserves a card a I would think most ppl would agree that stuff happens in almost every game. It happened at lease 3 times on the weekend. It's just my opinion but I understand the response for the meat head response.

Http://www.youtube.com/shiggins316

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nah, Charles was going for the cheap shots all night...

Just watched the replay again and he was nowhere near being in a position to make an impact...

It could've been avoided...

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Cheap shots all night ey. Can't say I noticed them. I saw a couple of things but not involving Nathan. Fair enough though. I never watched the game again. It would of been to boring. Lol.

Might not have shown well on the telecast but from the ground he was involved in back play stuff more than a few times (mainly with To'omua and White). Probably just niggle between old teammates but a couple of the late/cheap shots were a bit more heavy.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Might not have shown well on the telecast but from the ground he was involved in back play stuff more than a few times (mainly with To'omua and White). Probably just niggle between old teammates but a couple of the late/cheap shots were a bit more heavy.

Since you were at the ground who was it that made the tackle on Stannard about 10 meters from the ball when he was chasing a kick? On tv it was shown only live and in the corner of the Telly. I was surprised there was no penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom