• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Hurricanes, 2pm, 01/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Valentini bossing it for 80mins once again. A beautiful thing to see.

Sio is back in wallaby contention and Banks didnt look like the injury affected him at all.

I wasn't sold on Wright this season, but the showed what a great attacking threat he was this game. Great to see.

Reimer is a turnover machine.

A solid all round game from the Brumbies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Canes looked suddenly sharper once they subbed Flapanara and Jackshit Bachop.

Flapanara, ffs, that scrum where he just wanders off into the midfield to "defend" leaving a gaping chasm of a hole, the Bungleberries gleefully scamper through, trytime

Canes should be vaguely spewing at that. There's no way you'd pick players like Banks and the dwarfish manbunned barista ahead of blue chip talent like Rayasi, Jules and Jordie. And yet Brumbies win easily, greater than the sum of their parts.

TL/DR; an organised well-drilled team vs some schoolboy superstars

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
As an Aussie fan I wasn't happy with the refereeing in the Reds and tahs games but it seemed the Brumbies got it made up to them. Hurricanes very hard done by in that one.

Reactions: gel

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
As an Aussie fan I wasn't happy with the refereeing in the Reds and tahs games but it seemed the Brumbies got it made up to them. Hurricanes very hard done by in that one.

Really? Because I'm watching the game now and so far I've seen a bit of a trend where the NZ sides are getting the benefit of the doubt in decisions from the on field officials such as the clear knock on in front (literally right in front) of the AR requiring the TMO to have to come on and correct them. It happened several times last week as well.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Just finished watching the game off a delayed start . Well done Brumbies , seemed well in control for most parts and rounds off a great weekend of Super Rugby where all games were close.

Bit perplexed by the rolling maul try by the Brumbies at the 47minute mark.

Any budding refs out there explain why an attacking player in front of the ball ( Swain) is allowed to grab and drag two defending players out of the maul when they were already legally bound? You would be talking penalty try if a defender did something similar in a maul.

Brumbies clearly the better team on the day and deserved the win , but the lack of scrutiny on the attacking rolling maul does shit me to tears.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
So if he called him behind the kicker ..

That should be a penalty

Really? Because I'm watching the game now and so far I've seen a bit of a trend where the NZ sides are getting the benefit of the doubt in decisions from the on field officials such as the clear knock on in front (literally right in front) of the AR requiring the TMO to have to come on and correct them. It happened several times last week as well.
Reckon you all talking shit, noone is getting the benefit of anything, just a lot of supporters etc only see what they want, I think all ahs been ok, every ref makes odd cock up, but in NZ and Aus most of our refs are good enough to be on international borad, so are as good as the rest. I think what we see is some poor quality supporters/ viewers who see what they want, as has been case for a bloody long time.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Reckon you all talking shit, noone is getting the benefit of anything, just a lot of supporters etc only see what they want, I think all ahs been ok, every ref makes odd cock up, but in NZ and Aus most of our refs are good enough to be on international borad, so are as good as the rest. I think what we see is some poor quality supporters/ viewers who see what they want, as has been case for a bloody long time.
Last weekend early in the Reds/Canes game Lomax clearly lost his feet at scrum time. Berry immediately assumed it was the Reds and threw his arm out. Had to be overruled. Two minutes later a clear knock on right in front of him. Called it in favour of the Canes despite it being clear they knocked on. Early in the Rebels/Crusaders game a cear forward pass lead to a try. Both the ref and AR were in perfect positions to see it and make the call but again had to be overruled. Those are three of a dozen incidences across that weekend.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
You included ... Poor quantity supporter indeed.

Edit .. it's a joke.

Samson

Chris McKivat (8)
The ref missed a few things (both ways) to prove he is human. Did not affect the result. Was a most enjoyable game to watch and great to see both teams playing open rugby. Expect to see more people at the Brumbies next home game.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Last weekend early in the Reds/Canes game Lomax clearly lost his feet at scrum time. Berry immediately assumed it was the Reds and threw his arm out. Had to be overruled. Two minutes later a clear knock on right in front of him. Called it in favour of the Canes despite it being clear they knocked on. Early in the Rebels/Crusaders game a cear forward pass lead to a try. Both the ref and AR were in perfect positions to see it and make the call but again had to be overruled. Those are three of a dozen incidences across that weekend.
Yep exactly what I say, and I bet in Canes/Reds games a Canes supporter could find the same number of perceived injustices to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.