• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Reds rd1 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Not the Reds night tonight. Brumbies forward pack got over the advantage line well, and the defence was solid. Outside backs did their bit and got the try which was the difference.

Reds look really good for 2013 though, better luck next week.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Cooper throw an intercept and Mogg scores on full time. Brumbies deserved winners. Can't blame cooper for that too much, trying a Hail Mary on full time to claw back a point.

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Mogg gets an intercept try - very high risk pass from Cooper. Smith could easily have picked that off first if he had his hands up

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It was the Brumbies' forwards that won that for them tonight.....

The backline is a bit rusty, but all the talent is there.....

The big BIG BIG BIG issue is goal kicking.....

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Reds were really poor but the game this week might give them an edge of the Tahs next week who I expect to be just as rusty.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gel; yup, that's it in the end. Both teams a little sluggish in the first half, brumbies came out firing in the second half.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
White absolutely nails 2 long ones.. Why doesn't he just kick?

I think his distance is fine, but accuracy.......

He was the original first choice kicker last year, and then Lilo took over next match and was on fire.......

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The way the 2nd half was going an intercept or a mistake looked the most likely way either team was going to add to the try count. Brumbies deserved the win but they've still got work to do on their attack.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Brumbies were very inaccurate until about 5 into the second half. Rustiness from both sides I think.

Interesting that Gill maybe out pointed Pocock slightly due to a bit more round game.

Reds need to improve a lot for next week.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Brumbies look the real deal. Defence very impressive, that's what you want to see in round 1. You can build the attack in the weeks to come. Haven't missed a beat from last year, no signs of second year syndrome.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Special mention for Rathbone on a solid first game back.

He shut down two Reds' counter attacks and at least saved one probably try with some excellent defence.......

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brumbies were very inaccurate until about 5 into the second half. Rustiness from both sides I think.

Interesting that Gill maybe out pointed Pocock slightly due to a bit more round game.

Reds need to improve a lot for next week.

For me Pocock proved why he still the #1 7 in the world. Those penalties he got at the end of the game are huge, unfairly done on another I reckon. He'll come up with those in pivotal moments against the Lions that no other 7 does.

Status
Not open for further replies.