• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Reds rd1 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Brumbies: Rathbone and that is all
Reds: Slipper (c) and that is all

On that basis I'm backing the Brumby (with a bonus point).

But on that basis, as there are no Brumbies forwards, they won't get any ball. But if they should, then there is no way they'll be stopped

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Foxsports have given us an early contender for worst rugby article of the year with there match previews.

Featuring these gems:

"Who’s going to win? Christ, I dunno. Have you read nothing? Toss a coin, buddy-roo. Or go with The Value."

"Expect plenty of pick-and-drive rugger as these three – and Pocock’s replacement Chris "Even I haven’t heard of me" Alcock - cart it up in the middle channels"

"Elsewhere, the Force are extremely beatable. Their tight-five are tough and tattooed, with a scary, bouncer look about them. But they are without pedigree, sporting only the lightest dusting of Wallabies gold. You probably haven’t heard of Phoenix Battye. Not exactly David Beckham, is he?"

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/super-rugby/loosehead-get-ready-for-super-rugby-round-one-with-the-first-of-our-entertaining-round-previews/story-e6frf4qu-1226576919863#ixzz2KkSQ6lCr

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Its full of sensationalism and while amusing on face value it does show an extreme lack of knowledge at a closer look.

Mainly his criticism for the force and the statment .......beale makes the "odd" mistake

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
touche, i will allow it..........however i count his numerous pointless chips mistakes but hopefully that disease was cured with the end of 2012 for both Beale's, Cooper's and the wallabies sake

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Reds have named a squad with the starting XV to be known tomorrow.

Forwards: Nigel Ah Wong, Albert Anae, Jarrad Butler, Saia Fainga'a, Liam Gill, James Hanson, Greg Holmes, Ed O'Donoghue, Eddie Quirk, Jake Schatz, Rob Simmons, James Slipper (c), Adam Wallace-Harrison

Backs: Quade Cooper, Chris F'Sautia, Nick Frisby, Mike Harris, Digby Ioane, Jono Lance, Ben Lucas, Dom Shipperley, Ben Tapuai (vc), Aidan Toua

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Jono Owen is playing for the Reds College in a trial match tonight against the National Academy.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Reds have named a squad with the starting XV to be known tomorrow.

Forwards: Nigel Ah Wong, Albert Anae, Jarrad Butler, Saia Fainga'a, Liam Gill, James Hanson, Greg Holmes, Ed O'Donoghue, Eddie Quirk, Jake Schatz, Rob Simmons, James Slipper (c), Adam Wallace-Harrison

Backs: Quade Cooper, Chris F'Sautia, Nick Frisby, Mike Harris, Digby Ioane, Jono Lance, Ben Lucas, Dom Shipperley, Ben Tapuai (vc), Aidan Toua

No Luke Morahan in the squad?
Injury or others selected before him?

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
No Mozza?

He is also playing for the Reds College tonight against the National Academy so it's not injury.

I see Nigel Ah Wong is named in the Reds squad and as playing for the Reds College tonight. That may tell us who will be the player to drop out of the Reds squad or could just be a double up.

Also interesting to see Ed O'Donoghue selected on the bench ahead of Blake Enever. Enever is listed as playing for the Reds College tonight. Ed was in the Reds College as an uncontracted player but if Enever has moved into the full squad to replace McDulling, then it may be that Ed has been moved into an EPS slot as I understood that under the RPUA agreement an uncontracted player could not be selected ahead of a contracted player.

Status
Not open for further replies.