• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Waratahs, round 12, Friday 1 May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
This is a really big game for both teams. Tahs win and with a game in hand and an easier run to the finals, they will be in the box seat to finish top 3. Brumbies win and they open a roughly two game lead but with a bye to come and a harder run to the finals, will have to continue winning to lock in the top 3 spot.

Recently, Tahs have the wood on the Brumbies and seem to lift another cog in aggression when these teams meet. Also, Tahs have been in better form in the last month or so. Certainly should be favourites, but I expect the Brumbies to give it a better shot than last time they met this year.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
The crimes are reporting that Smiler will stay at lock with Carter coming back into the starting lineup, Enever onto the bench and Arnold back to club rugby. Alexander is also back on for Smith, although I would've thought their performance last week warranted another start this week.

Other than that I'm assuming the rest of the team will be consistent with last week's.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I wonder if the ponies will attempt to meet the Tahs at the gain line and match their physicality or play rope-a-dope defence like the Stormers do and frustrate them

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies

1. JP Smith
2. Stephen Moore (C)
3. Ben Alexander
4. Jordan Smiler
5. Sam Carter
6. Scott Fardy
7. David Pocock
8. Ita Vaea
9. Michael Dowsett
10. Christian Lealiifano
11. Joe Tomane
12. Robbie Coleman
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg
Replacements 16. Josh Mann-Rea
17. Allan Ala'alatoa
18. Ruan Smith
19. Blake Enever
20. Jarrad Butler
21. Joe Powell
22. James Dargaville
23. Nigel Ah Wong

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11209752_10152936449502144_8585954387104035884_n.jpg?oh=720af55e9405a03be5ac50b7eaa22e86&oe=55E5F26B&__gda__=1439615613_7e43e73d85c58f866e5600000c222b28

Full strength side. I expect McCutcheon will drop off the reserve bench.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
Brumbies

1. JP Smith
2. Stephen Moore (C)
3. Ben Alexander
4. Jordan Smiler
5. Sam Carter
6. Scott Fardy
7. David Pocock
8. Ita Vaea
9. Michael Dowsett
10. Christian Lealiifano
11. Joe Tomane
12. Robbie Coleman
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg
Replacements 16. Josh Mann-Rea
17. Allan Ala'alatoa
18. Ruan Smith
19. Blake Enever
20. Jarrad Butler
21. Joe Powell
22. James Dargaville
23. Nigel Ah Wong

Good to see Dargaville back in the team. Pretty decent bench, only going to be better once Sio, To'omua, Arnold and White are at full health.

Hopefully Tevita makes up for the shocker he had in the last Waratahs game - we really need him fit and firing.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
When was the last time either team won away in this fixture? Seems like regardless of form the home teams always win, it's normally close though.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Also the media's reason for bad blood has been decided: "the Jacques Potgieter affair"
I'm just glad we've moved on from the Dublin thing. But it's silly to imagine that tahs and brumbies need special motivation to hate.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Also the media's reason for bad blood has been decided: "the Jacques Potgieter affair"
I'm just glad we've moved on from the Dublin thing. But it's silly to imagine that tahs and brumbies need special motivation to hate.

Poor from the media. Thought we had moved on from the "the Jacques Potgieter affair". Best left in the past.

Really looking forward to this game though, Lilo and the Brumbies backline should be fairly adjusted to him playing at 10 now. Forward pack looks better with Pocock, Fardy, Vaea, Carter all fully fit.

And the Waratahs have been building nicely, I really wouldn't put any money on this game.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
If the Tahs lose focus, the Brumbies will pump them up front. I think the Tahs have a lot of good footy in them, but I think inconsistency is going to cruel them this year.
Brumbies by 7-10

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Have they strengthened the Coaches box doors in the cement esky?

Any glaziers on standby?

having been near the stadium recently, not sure this was a wise move..

in-case-of-emergency-signs-emergency-break-glass-80956-ba.jpg

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
If the Tahs lose focus, the Brumbies will pump them up front. I think the Tahs have a lot of good footy in them, but I think inconsistency is going to cruel them this year.
Brumbies by 7-10

Thats funny I actually think its the other way around. The Tahs forwards dominated last game so I feel if the Brumbies lose focus again the Tahs will pump them up front! Tahs 7-10.

;)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Moving Lilo to 10 strengthens the Ponies IMO, and Moggie at 15 doesn't weaken them. But Coleman at 12? MMmmm.....

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
We're only a five minute drive from the stadium, so likely that we'll have a couple at the walk up before the game. If we kick on afterwards likely to be the RUC in Turner. We'll leave the fancy beer to the toffs from Sydney ;)

We are intending to get in early for the warm up before the Toffs turn up so we will look out for you. Also on the look out for the elusive and rarely seen Tomikin - still think he is just a myth. :)

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
We are intending to get in early for the warm up before the Toffs turn up so we will look out for you. Also on the look out for the elusive and rarely seen Tomikin - still think he is just a myth. :)
Probably there from about 6.00-6.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.