• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Cheetahs Prelim 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
6 fOUNDATIONS FOR A BRUMBIES VICTORY

1. Cheetahs DP is 28 for the season. The Brumbies is 135.

2. The brumbies have had the best defense this season letting in the lowest amount of points against ALL TEAMS. The Cheetahs wont dominate the Brumbies pack…

3. The Brumbies at home advantage with George Smith starting will work. He will help settle the lads as will the experience of the coaching staff…

4. The Cheetahs have a small backline which will find the large Brumbies backs a handful and they also have only one tactical kicker. The Brumbies have 4, White To'omua Lealiifano and Mogg…

5. Lealiifano’s goal kicking has been outstanding…

6. The Big outside backs all have pace, Kuridrani, Speight and Tomane… with white lightning Jess Mogg will be too much for the Cheetahs to manage with a poor defensive record…
Your stats are wrong in 1 and 2. George Smith will come 2nd to Brussouw in 3, Dynamite comes in small pakages in 4, so no need to read any further.

Note: and you missed out the most important foundation for the Brumbies.

Weak post all round.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
The wind and mud bowl parking are the horrible things, plus the lack of facilities at the stadium compared to the more modern stadiums like Suncorp and Olympic Park.

A boutique modern rectangular stadium for the Raiders and Brumbies to share would be great, plus it would mean that really big games actually get a chance hosted there. Currently the poor facilities and logisitics associated with the stadium (see Lions test) make it so hard to host big matches there.

It's Canberra Ash, you'll have to wait for a committee to be formed, then a review, then a Senate enquiry and then wait for support of the Greens to get something like that off the ground (excuse the pun) :)

The facilities aren't crash hot, more akin to a regional sports ground

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Canberra is friggin cold but that Canberra stadium is just plain freezing. The bastard who designed that joint is a sadist.

Bloody wind tunnel straight through that place.. The Hockey Fields that are over the back are worse

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I am fairly certain that now it is the knock out phase of the tournament that the Brumbies won't be out to score 4 tries this week. If it does happen, then it will be just that - a bonus.

I think they will work harder on their territory game than from what we have seen in the regular season.

If they do get a comfortable lead, expect to see the bench used especially with the travel factor that is upcoming for them.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Your stats are wrong in 1 and 2. George Smith will come 2nd to Brussouw in 3, Dynamite comes in small pakages in 4, so no need to read any further.

Note: and you missed out the most important foundation for the Brumbies.

Weak post all round.

Facts are... The Brumbies defence with the Stormers is the best in the comp going on points scored against... And the Cheetahs PD is 25...

Brussouw is a very fine player but what I am refering to is Smith motivating his fellow forwards... giving them confidence...

And size helps but the size of the backs talent combined will be the Cheetahs
problem...

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Facts are. The Brumbies defence with the Stormers is the best in the comp going on points scored against. And the Cheetahs PD is 25.

Brussouw is a very fine player but what I am refering to is Smith motivating his fellow forwards. giving them confidence.

And size helps but the size of the backs talent combined will be the Cheetahs
problem.
Is it now facts or is it the real stats? Stormers have been the best defensive side for a few years and they missed out when it come to the knock out stage of the competition. The most important fact when it come to this stage is what Cheetah team will arrive on sunday. The team that took it changes will win it on the day and the Cheetahs will give it their everything. They will be the hungry team and a hungry Cheetah is a dangerous animal.

You still miss the most important foundation for a Brumbie win.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
What is that, PB? Their field kicking?
Jake White. He'll know the Cheetahs inside out and will plan accordingly to down them. I expect the Brumbies to keep it tight. Try to run at the Cheetahs with big or small backs will be suicide. One mistake and they'll counter. They are the masters from counter attack rugby. Brumbies will have to dominate up front. Stormers did it three weeks back to them. Pretty sure Jake will study that game and will have his gameplan in place.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
Keep the ball away from 'Spiders' le Roux at all costs

Not sure about this. You could of course target him, knowing how he plays and that he's very likely to have a crack. His kicking game is ok, but not incredibly varied, so it shouldn't be a big ask to kick on him in a certain field position and have your own sweeper ready for the return kick if it comes. Send men up to close him down, try to isolate and force the turnover.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Not sure about this. You could of course target him, knowing how he plays and that he's very likely to have a crack. His kicking game is ok, but not incredibly varied, so it shouldn't be a big ask to kick on him in a certain field position and have your own sweeper ready for the return kick if it comes. Send men up to close him down, try to isolate and force the turnover.
He is a very dangerous player. Can cut either way. If he dont get ball from own possesion, he'll intercept possession.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The wind tunnel is horrific. Even in March on a cool night, if you're sitting in the wrong part of the stadium you need jacket, beanie, scarf etc.

Other than the climate issues, its actually a good ground to watch rugby

Cold always. The cold sinks and the concrete and earth it is built into just holds the cold.

As for watching rugby there I have had mixed experiences. Top of the Meninga stand has a good view but lower down I find the stands are not steep enough and the field seems far away. I have only been there and Suncorp to see rugby so don't have much to compare it to.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Jake White. He'll know the Cheetahs inside out and will plan accordingly to down them. I expect the Brumbies to keep it tight. Try to run at the Cheetahs with big or small backs will be suicide. One mistake and they'll counter. They are the masters from counter attack rugby. Brumbies will have to dominate up front. Stormers did it three weeks back to them. Pretty sure Jake will study that game and will have his gameplan in place.

I think you are right. Brumbies will want to grind it out with the odd flash of brilliance. Cheetahs will want a fast loose game.

A lot will come down to the referee. How much spoiling tactic will he let the teams get away with, particularly the likes of Mowen and Smith.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I think you are right. Brumbies will want to grind it out with the odd flash of brilliance. Cheetahs will want a fast loose game.

A lot will come down to the referee. How much spoiling tactic will he let the teams get away with, particularly the likes of Mowen and Smith.
The Cheetahs wont mind Jackson at all.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Cheetahs have travelled well this season, and if the Ponies do not bring their "A" game, they could be in for a surprise.

This could be a ripper of a game. The Cheetahs haven't left their fans wondering this year.

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
The Bureau of Meteorology has forecast a maximum of 6 for Canberra on Sunday. This winter storm is getting the weather nerds on ski.com.au excited, one said after the latest run of the models that he was going home to fap.

Status
Not open for further replies.