• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies Vs Chiefs

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Nice, heads up rugby by the Brumbies. Simple things done well.

Great to see.

I hope the Tahs are watching this in Tokyo. The Brumbies are doing the fundamental things well first before the razzle dazzle. Rugby is really a simple game made look far too complicated at times. But the Brumbies are showing that executing the basics well creates the opportuities for the special moment down the track.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I’ve seen this before from Gardner and it doesn’t really matter who is playing, if there’s a try against the run of play he will almost always look for some way to disallow it.

Then he needs to address that because the retreating Brumbies did not impend the Chiefs in any way. They were actively trying to get onside. The Chiefs threw a poor pass and Peni should have had his hat trick.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
The Brumbies have got a fair bit of stick for being a bit too one dimensional recently. Relying on their set piece too much. They've certainly shown that they can play with ball in hand tonight. But let's not overlook the beauty of the power elements of the game executed well. A beastly scrum or maul is a thing of wonder.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I'm pretty sure that's the second time an Australian team has put 50 points on a Kiwi Super team, and Brumbies now have the highest score (Tahs v Hurricanes, 52 points in 1996)

Edit - this is wrong!