• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies Vs Chiefs

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
That's it boys, what an absolute hiding.. CLL having a great game, and I think actually using the boy the boys up front win makes such a difference.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Got to say. This has probably been the best start to Super Rugby across the board for several years. Hopefully the crowds and viewers begin to really reflect this. The Brumbies certainly deserve substantially more.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeh the try they disallowed should have countered as was for retiring forwards from other side of the field not in play getting back onto side - that would have made it with conversion over 60 points

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Didnt we put 50 against the hurricanes the few years back when they won it.. year big Joe Tomane left..

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
A quick thing here. Knowing Leiliifano has a right to left fade on his kicks I was looking at his last kick. Which he lined up in the centre of the sticks. Why not aim at the right upright? Foley did that both this week and last. Has a right to left fade but insisted on aimed dead centre. Why?

This is not a comment on the quality of play. The Brumbies have been superb.

Just to clarify, when Christian is kicking well, he is as straight as a die. Tonight, there was no fade.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
On lilo I thought he might be past it (after returning from illness and in fairness just to get back after this always was a huge achievement). On tonights performance made me rethink that.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Great game by the Brumbies. Lokks like taking up where they left off last season. Now, they just have to keep it up.

Rory Arnold bested Retallick tonight. Arnold's control of the maul, whether attacking or defending, is pretty to watch. For that alone, he should be a starter for the Wallabies, not forgetting that he is regularly at or near the top of lineout technicians as well.

Christian was playing so much flatter tonight and it really opened up gaps in the Chiefs' defensive line. Learnt a lesson from Quade last week.

Simone is playing a very valuable game at 12 too. His line kicking is just so much better than any other in the Aussie teams, including Quade.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Crowd's not even standing!
Don’t know where you were viewing mate, but our whole bay was jumping up non-stop!

Brumbies also hold the distinction of being the only team to put 50 on the Crusaders. Think the Blues and the Jaguares are the only teams we haven’t done it to.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
So with Poey coming back next week - that means Cusack could drop out of the 23 again - which is criminal but also reflection of level of back row depth.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Fucking good stuff. Only caught the last 15 or so but looked totally dominant. Bout time some Australian teams started standing up.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
That was absolutely brilliant, best Brumbies game I've seen in a while. Congratulations, really well deserved win. I have to admit I was wrong when I said last week they don't seem to have the creativity needed to win. Those tries were top shelf. So many times have we seen aussie players get their milestone games in a hiding to a nz team. A small amount schadenfreude for Lurch's century there.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Liealifano looks physically up to the rigours of super rugby again, great to see, bodes well for the RWC