• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Reds, Friday 1st of July, GIO Stadium Canberra

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

So much expectation on the lad.

Am sure he'll go better than last time in Red.

Brums will be looking to smash the reserve scrum

Looking forward to Kane's start for the Reds but have tempered my expectations

What last time?

Last game he played in Red was U20's

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Browning should start at 8. Houston is the FNG and should earn his stripes from the bench. That may take him one match or it may take more but he should be made to earn the 8 off Browning.

Glad to see that mot only I agree with Scoey on FNG, but so do the Reds management team. :)

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
That's got the makings of a very good side. Experience might tell against them this game though.

Yes I think that your guys will certainly have the advantage, especially with To'omua back. We Reds supporters can hope for some positive signs of development, interested to see the new guys in action. I guess the positive for the Reds is that most of those players have been able to train together for the last 3-4 weeks whereas the Brumbies haven't as much.

T

TOCC

Get your facts right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't realise Quade, Will and / or James H were playing this game.

You must know something we mere mortals do not !!!!!!!!

It was in reference to your assertion that Houston would be starting this game because he was signed as an obvious starter...do the exclmaation marks help you convey your point?

Anyway, having a guy like James Tuttle starting fullback adds more weight the dubious decision of releasing at Greene and JJT before the end of the season, there's a difference between giving young talent a go and throwing a young player to the wolves.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It was in reference to your assertion that Houston would be starting this game because he was signed as an obvious starter.do the exclmaation marks help you convey your point?

Anyway, having a guy like James Tuttle starting fullback adds more weight the dubious decision of releasing at Greene and JJT before the end of the season, there's a difference between giving young talent a go and throwing a young player to the wolves.

Trial match for NRC slots.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It was in reference to your assertion that Houston would be starting this game because he was signed as an obvious starter.do the exclmaation marks help you convey your point?

For clarity the quote from me was in reference to QC (Quade Cooper) James H and Will.

Sure Houston was signed as a starting player. Just the same as IF QC (Quade Cooper), Will and James H sign.

Lack of form obviously determines whether a player starts or not.

Generally, just generally most bench players are generally the young , inexperienced, and lower paid players who through experience and good play become "starters"

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The indications are that Joe Tomane will be back for this game. The backline is looking a bit more like its best with Cubelli, Lealiifano, Tomane, To'omua, Kuridrani, Ah Wong, Toua. Probably see Powell, JJH and Andrew Smith on the bench.

Forwards are perhaps not so clear. Could be Sio, Moore, Smith or Alexander, Arnold, Carter, Fardy, Wells, Butler, with a selection of Mann-Rea, Ala'alatoa, Alexander or Smith or Makin, Staniforth or Enever, Hyne or Oakman-Hunt on the bench.

Assuming of course that none of the test players is carrying injury or exhaustion that could keep them out.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
So pretty much a full-strength Brumbies backline, excepting Speight.

And against that, of the Reds' 10 backs, only 4 of them have been starting regulars this season (with varying levels of success) and our starting fullback many of us have barely even heard of.

God. My heart wants to back the Reds to go close, but my head says to put $20 on the Brumbies by 20+.

If the Reds do stand any chance of coming close it'll be off the back of the scrum and the back row.

Brumbies by 20+ is paying $2.50 on Sportsbet...

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Scrum battle should be a beauty, but I hope that neither side just plays the scrums for penalties. Will the Reds scrum be affected by the loss of Simmons?

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Reply to TOCC naming James at fullback.
I really don't know enough about the guy to comment.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

TBH young James probably could play Fullback too, he played 10 for GPS very well in his first year of prems, has a much better running game than McIntyre.

Jack is a competent player, I just worry about his fitness, there is a huge jump from premier club rugby to super rugby (which is why the NRC is so important).

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Reds scrum cant possibly be at its best when you look through our locks and our reserve front row.

Thank god we're not playing a Kiwi team. Brumbies could be bad enough.

Yes I do actually look forward to seeing the FNG's playing, but hell its the season proper.

Status
Not open for further replies.