• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Reds, Friday 1st of July, GIO Stadium Canberra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Rugby will be the real winner if Moore punches another Reds player....

When Moore punches another Reds player, Slim. When.

As certain as death and taxes. He's going for the whole backrow set so Browning will be firmly in his sights after previously belting our 6 & 7.

Joe Powell will also want to be careful. Don't stick his head in a ruck lest Liam Fucking Gill suplex the shit out of him.

G

galumay

Impossible to pick for mine, the break makes it very difficult and the impact on players from the tests. I guess the Bush Donkeys should have significantly more motivation if they want the poison chalice of the finals!

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Hmmm - would love to see the young blokes come out and make a statement, but I really can't see it happening. Brumbies should win in a canter.

Would love to be wrong, though.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brumbies: 15 Aidan Toua, 14 Nigel Ah Wong, 13 Tevita Kuridrani, 12 Matt To'omua, 11 James Dargaville, 10 Christian Leali'ifano, 9 Joe Powell, 8 Ben Hyne, 7 Jarrad Butler, 6 Scott Fardy, 5 Sam Carter, 4 Rory Arnold, 3 Ben Alexander, 2 Stephen Moore, 1 Scott Sio. Replacements: 16 Josh Mann-Rea, 17 Allan Ala'alatoa, 18 Ruan Smith, 19 Blake Enever, 20 Michael Wells, 21 Tomas Cubelli, 22 Andrew Smith, 23 Lausii Taliauli

Reds: 15 Jack Tuttle, 14 Chris Kuridrani, 13 Samu Kerevi, 12 Henry Taefu, 11 Eto Nabuli, 10 Jake McIntyre, 9 Nick Frisby, 8 Curtis Browning, 7 Liam Gill, 6 Hendrik Tui, 5 Lukhan Tui, 4 Cadeyrn Neville, 3 Greg Holmes, 2 Andrew Ready, 1 James Slipper (c). Replacements: 16 Saia Fainga’a, 17 Sef Fa’agase, 18 Taniela Tupou, 19 Kane Douglas, 20 Leroy Houston, 21 James Tuttle, 22 Duncan Paia’aua, 23 Campbell Magnay

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Yikes, how many players in this match have some way or another had some kind of development in Qld for rugby?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Brumbies always produce few of their own.

Front row battle should be good.

Sio, Basher, Alexander against Slipper, Ready and Holmes in the first instance and should be fairly even. I am a bit concerned when the bench comes on.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Brumbies always produce few of their own.

Front row battle should be good.

Sio, Basher, Alexander against Slipper, Ready and Holmes in the first instance and should be fairly even. I am a bit concerned when the bench comes on.

Which isn't a surprise given the difference in population to NSW or QLD or the fact we only have one team in the NRC.

The Brumbies really are quite successful in that regard. It amazes me that so much junior talent in QLD don't stick around or don't reach their potential in QLD. I guess all the good ones get poached by league clubs early on too.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wonder if Scrubber will give Seb V a kiss and throw him back in the water in classic Rex Hunt style?

Anyway, a nice bit of fishing by Scrubber.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Which isn't a surprise given the difference in population to NSW or QLD or the fact we only have one team in the NRC.

The Brumbies really are quite successful in that regard. It amazes me that so much junior talent in QLD don't stick around or don't reach their potential in QLD. I guess all the good ones get poached by league clubs early on too.

Seb - you are probably correct.

The failing in QLD seems to be the selection of lads we should keep. We cannot keep them all, same as the Mexicans.

League is a menace, particularly with lads of PI descent, who often seem to grab some early $$$$$ without much thought to their longevity in the game.

BH - you just go back into the kreel:p

T

TOCC

So i just read that Jack Tuttle has played 5 games of QPR in 2016, and given he was with the Broncos from 2013-2015, that means he has played just 5 games of rugby union in the past 4 years.. Must be a very talented player.....

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I guess we'll see. But thinking about it, Powell probably got his Wallaby gig on less time at Super level. Talent shows through.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Impossible to pick for mine, the break makes it very difficult and the impact on players from the tests. I guess the Bush Donkeys should have significantly more motivation if they want the poison chalice of the finals!

How are the finals a poison chalice in any competitive sport? You never know, they may draw a Japie team and go through.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sloppy game though so far, plenty of errors from both teams. Plenty of attempts at playing rugby unlike a lot of these derbies, just no execution.

Status
Not open for further replies.