• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Reds, Friday 1st of July, GIO Stadium Canberra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah I get that and I didn't want to labour the point but you find out who is the best player after he comes off the bench this weekend.

It's not really a Dan Carter vs Jake McIntyre choice it's Browning who is in probably career best form and Leroy who hasn't played Super Rugby in 5 years. I don't think there'll be a lot between them and given that, Curtis has the runs on the board and should start.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Surely the coach is going to pick who he thinks will do a better job starting as far as the team is concerned.

Anything else would be a disservice to everyone.

Unless the performances in training were suggesting that Houston was going be substantially better than Browning, Browning will get the starting gig again.

If one of the backrowers ends up playing at lock, maybe they're both in the starting XV.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Surely the coach is going to pick who he thinks will do a better job starting as far as the team is concerned.

Anything else would be a disservice to everyone.

So, will Quade,Will and James H just show up or do they need a contract?:p

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Weather forecast for Friday, 10 degrees max with overnight of 1 degree. However, overnight temps so far this week are hovering around -4 and -5. Reds had better bring their long johns with them.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Tucker now reporting Fainga'a may miss the game too through injury. That will put Duncan P back to 12 and presumably one of the U20s to start at fullback.

The odds on an upset must have just lengthened again...

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The match officials :

Brumbies vs Reds
@ GIO Stadium, Canberra
Referee: Nick Briant (New Zealand)
Assistant Referees: Paul Williams (New Zealand), Jamie Nutbrown (New Zealand)
TMO: Glenn Newman (New Zealand)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wow!

St.George Queensland Reds side to play Brumbies
7:40pm, Friday 1 July, Canberra Stadium

1. James Slipper (C)
2. Andrew Ready
3. Greg Holmes
4. Cadeyrn Neville
5. Lukhan Tui (run-on debut)
6. Hendrik Tui
7. Liam Gill
8. Curtis Browning
9. Nick Frisby
10. Jake McIntyre
11. Eto Nabuli
12. Henry Taefu
13. Samu Kerevi
14. Chris Kuridrani
15. Jack Tuttle (Queensland/Super Rugby debut)

16. Saia Fainga’a
17. Sef Fa’agase
18. Taniela Tupou (potential Queensland/Super Rugby debut)
19. Kane Douglas (potential Queensland debut)
20. Leroy Houston
21. James Tuttle
22. Duncan Paia’aua
23. Campbell Magnay

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Lots of interest here.

Lukhan's run on debut
Browning over Houston
Taefu back
JACK TUTTLE at fullback over Paia'aua!!!!
Tongan Thor on the bench
Kane Douglas back.

I wonder if Sam Talakai is injured?

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Lots of interest here.

Lukhan's run on debut
Browning over Houston
Taefu back
JACK TUTTLE at fullback over Paia'aua!!!!
Tongan Thor on the bench
Kane Douglas back.

I wonder if Sam Talakai is injured?

Kuridrani back as well - he hasn't been sighted in a Reds jersey all year has he? Tearing it up for GPS though I believe. I didn't realise that Jack Tuttle was different from James Tuttle - has he been in England with the 20's?

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Yeah there are a few surprises there. My first thought too was that Talakai must surely be injured. I thought Tupou was going to be brought up as a loosehead. But I guess they need another tighthead with Holmes leaving.

He got absolutely schooled in the scrum against the Crusaders in the preseason so you'd assume they wouldn't put him in at tighthead unless they really had no choice.

It's certainly an interesting team. On the one hand you've got a very strong starting scrum, but the bench scrum is potentially going to struggle.

But then you've got the luxury of bringing Douglas and Houston off the bench to give the subs some starch.

I'm actually pretty excited for this game now. I think we're probably going to get flogged, but there are a lot of new players to watch. L Tui, Taefu, Kuridrani and Jack Tuttle in the starting side, and then Douglas, Houston and Tupou on the bench. Little to no game time for any of them this season.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Kuridrani back as well - he hasn't been sighted in a Reds jersey all year has he? Tearing it up for GPS though I believe. I didn't realise that Jack Tuttle was different from James Tuttle - has he been in England with the 20's?

yeah, to be honest I was the same not too long ago. Jack is older so wasn't with the 20s.

He seems to have come in completely out of the blue. He was another schoolboy star signed by the Broncos but has been playing club footy for Norths.

Status
Not open for further replies.