• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Reds - Saturday 22 February 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Was at the game. Bloody great night from my point of view. Very happy with the way the Reds played. Room for improvement but quite a settled round one performance.

I look forward to the following period of silence from the Richard Graham bashers.

Quade is becoming quite the reliable goal kicker which is fantastic.

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
I thought Nic White had a really poor game and that made it very difficult for the Brumbies to win. Aside from the two kick offs that he put out on the full, I thought his overall game was very average.

The Brumbies need him to get back into form if they want to be on a similar level to last year. The Brumbies backline never really had a chance to get going for most of the match as a result.
Which part was poor other than the two restarts an area he has excelled in in previous games, was it his earlier kick which put the Brumbies on attack at the start of the game or his cut out pass which put Speight away down the right or was it his cover tackle on Turner which nearly saved a try or was it his run and pass which put Mogg on the outside of Tapaui or was his speed to the breakdown which created a number of opportunities for his outside backs.
Up against the worlds best halfback IMO White more than held his own and I did not see Genia have the same influence for the Reds and White was sorely missed in the closing minutes after retiring with cramps.
The cynical play by the Reds forwards in interfering with the half to prevent his progress to the next phase is a compliment to White.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
You came down from Darwin to Canberra to watch the Reds go round, Ruggo. That's commitment. Not too cold for you I hope?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
You came down from Darwin to Canberra to watch the Reds go round, Ruggo. That's commitment. Not too cold for you I hope?

Lindo, I have a brother in Canberra so it was ok and spent the weekend with him. For Canberra standards the whether was good. Able to get around town in shorts during the day. Night was a bit chilly but not bad either. By far my warmest Canberra experience to date.

Half our family are Reds fans and the other Brumbies fans. For the last five years we use the Brisbane game as a family reunion in memory of Dad who passed away. He was from Brisbane and his side of the family are all there.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Which part was poor other than the two restarts an area he has excelled in in previous games, was it his earlier kick which put the Brumbies on attack at the start of the game or his cut out pass which put Speight away down the right or was it his cover tackle on Turner which nearly saved a try or was it his run and pass which put Mogg on the outside of Tapaui or was his speed to the breakdown which created a number of opportunities for his outside backs.
Up against the worlds best halfback IMO White more than held his own and I did not see Genia have the same influence for the Reds and White was sorely missed in the closing minutes after retiring with cramps.
The cynical play by the Reds forwards in interfering with the half to prevent his progress to the next phase is a compliment to White.

Relax mate. It was just my opinion and didn't stem from any specific events but my overall impression of the game.

Genia had a good game, but continuiing to call him the world's best halfback when we haven't seen that sort of form for a few years is a bit of a stretch.

White cemented himself as Australia's second best halfback last year and was a huge part of the Brumbies success in 2013. He's critical to their success this year and I didn't think he was close to that last Saturday night.

I agree that the Reds forwards caused him a lot of issues slowing down the ball and interfering with play but that is something he needs to deal with. If he can't get the referee to protect him he's got to work out some other way to deal with it.

I guess I'm expecting big things from White now and if he doesn't deliver that I don't think the Brumbies will be nearly the force they were in 2013. He's one of their star players playing in a crucial position. His performance will go a long way towards whether they win or lose the tight games.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Toua out for 10 weeks. His form hasn't been great.

Would be disappointed if it wasn't for the fact it this scenario was predicted by a few of us after round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.