• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Waratahs Super Rugby-R4 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
just booked to head down to this, tickets in the bay 22. Any pub recommendations for a pre/post match beer?
Not many options near the stadium down there.
Not many pubs in town either TBH.....
Maybe that Irish one would be the pick of them

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not many options near the stadium down there.
Not many pubs in town either TBH...
Maybe that Irish one would be the pick of them

Eh........ Wig & Pen.

Always Wig & Pen.

I wouldn't step into any other Canberra CBD pub.........except for maybe the Phoenix.........

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's easily one of the best pubs in the country.

If you're going drinking in the Canberra CBD you wouldn't go anywhere else.......

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Cheers for the recommendations guys.

Paddy Ryan deserves a start and hopefully will be rewarded, as I said previously really hope BB is back for this one. He'll bring another dimension to the Tahs play, and needless to say but he is a far better goal kicker than McKibben

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Paddy Ryan deserves a start and hopefully will be rewarded, as I said previously really hope BB is back for this one. He'll bring another dimension to the Tahs play, and needless to say but he is a far better goal kicker than McKibben

Don't know about that. McKibbin was excellent kicking for goal last season.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Good to see it's not just your team you're one-eyed about, Slim.

I'm with him on that mate. It's by far the best pub in Canberra and easily one of the best in Australia. You cant see the walls for all the awards and trophies they have hanging up there. The beer is just simply superb, and you'll actually be able to talk and hear each other.

Though if you're a tahs fan, perhaps Moose, maybe you'll want to just drink horrible cheap spirits and black out in a place of violence and low morals ;)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Don't worry. I can assure everyone that Richo will be visiting the Wig and Pen at some point on Saturday evening.

I agree with the comments regarding how good the pub is.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I'm with him on that mate. It's by far the best pub in Canberra and easily one of the best in Australia. You cant see the walls for all the awards and trophies they have hanging up there. The beer is just simply superb, and you'll actually be able to talk and hear each other.

Though if you're a tahs fan, perhaps Moose, maybe you'll want to just drink horrible cheap spirits and black out in a place of violence and low morals ;)

I've never been to the Wig & Pen (although that will shortly change), but ribbing Slim is always too good an opportunity to miss.

Dean Hyde

Allen Oxlade (6)
I've never been to the Wig & Pen (although that will shortly change), but ribbing Slim is always too good an opportunity to miss.
Be sure to take a bucket of cash. Beers are very pricey.

Edit: Also no screens to watch the early game.

Dean Hyde

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good craft beers are always worth the money. Four or five of these beauties from the Wig & Pen are worth a dozen factory-produced muck put out by the two big brewers.
I find the Wig and Pen beers are very hit and miss. The good was are great (and probably justify the $12 a pint they charge you) but the bad ones are horrible.

If you're not worried about what beer you are drinking I would head to King O'Malleys. Good food, reasonable beer prices and selection and a big screen to watch the rugby on. Also a short stumble to the bus.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I find the Wig and Pen beers are very hit and miss. The good was are great (and probably justify the $12 a pint they charge you) but the bad ones are horrible.

If you're not worried about what beer you are drinking I would head to King O'Malleys. Good food, reasonable beer prices and selection and a big screen to watch the rugby on. Also a short stumble to the bus.

$12 a pint isn't outrageous for unique (you're not getting this beer anywhere else), top quality beer....... and it's a good atmosphere with generally nice people......

King O'Malleys is just another rubbish large scale faux-Irish bar with standard drinks, bad food...... and the people.......

Plus you don't need a screen if you're going to the game.....

It's a shame Debacle is closed down because that's where you would go into the city (well, Braddon) for watching a game with good food and drinks (tap beers include Hoegaarden, Chimay, Budvar, Franziskaner amongst other European goodies)........ although I hear it's moving somewhere near its old location.........

Status
Not open for further replies.