• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Can Cheika ball work for the Wallabies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'd wager that Georgina Robinson, with all her contacts, probably knew more than a bunch of internet punters. I know that probably irritates more than a few around here, but there you go. Probably as much as her having time off for her honeymoon last year.

T

TOCC

I'd wager that Georgina Robinson, with all her contacts, probably knew more than a bunch of internet punters. I know that probably irritates more than a few around here, but there you go. Probably as much as her having time off for her honeymoon last year.

Should we start believing everything that Greg Growden writes then?

Journalists push their own agenda for whatever reason, some to protect the lucrative sources that they currently have or purely out of a difference of opinion.

Just because Georgina Robinson writes something doesn't make it true..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah sure, I suppose we should start believing everything that Greg Growden writes then?

Journalists push their own agenda for whatever reason, some to protect the lucrative sources that they currently have or purely out of a difference of opinion.

Just because Georgina Robinson writes something doesn't make it true..

I didn't say that. I said I would wager her information on that episode would probably be a larger quantum than that possessed by most of us. How, or even if, that information is presented is entirely another matter.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I didn't say that. I said I would wager her information on that episode would probably be a larger quantum than that possessed by most of us. How, or even if, that information is presented is entirely another matter.

So, Cyclo, you include yourself in the ill-informed bunch of internet punters. I can live with that.

As for flues in the hat, I have suffered flu from time to time but I'll have you know my hat is in pristine condition and Mr Fluffy hasn't been anywhere near it.:)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So, Cyclo, you include yourself in the ill-informed bunch of internet punters. I can live with that.

As for flues in the hat, I have suffered flu from time to time but I'll have you know my hat is in pristine condition and Mr Fluffy hasn't been anywhere near it.:)
I certainly wouldn't usually claim to have better access to information than an established journalist in that specific field. I understand the use of the word "us" as a plural that, by definition, includes the utterer.
But then again, I did say "most of us", so feel free to interpret that as you wish.

T

TOCC

I misinterpreted your comment then, I assumed you were saying that because she knew more she would have been reporting factually.. I actually agree that she didn't report everything she knew.. In my opinion she acted more akin to a PR agent pushing an agenda through her articles... No doubt she will now be privy to many exclusives and snippets of detail before the rest in 2015..

Anyway, this discussions belongs in 6 months ago..

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Other than what was established at the 2 disciplinary hearings, we're all "ill-informed punters." None of us know exactly what occurred or precisely where the truth lay. (And I suspect we never will)

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think that was a Jethro Tull double album around 1971 or 2 . Also , does anyone have a handle on the windows that Cheika would be able to get a group together ahead of the RWC ? Doesn't look like much time .

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think Cheika will have an attacking game plan in mind and how they want to do things, and Larkham will be a skills and attacking coach.. A great mind to focus on how to improve the little things and also how they can shape an attack against a different teams.

His love for all things Walliabies rugby and love to win will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.