• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bradley

Just help me here. Is 10. Debreczini the same bloke that played for CAS last year? He plays for West Harbour? If he is the same bloke then I rate him highly. Lovely pass and great kick.

Is 8. Sio related to JW prop Scott?

Constantine

Stan Wickham (3)
Bradley Jack Debreczini is a West Harbour boy and played CAS in the 16s and opens in the last few years.He is doing yr 12 again this year thru Pathways and is still U18. Pat Sio is Scotts younger brother and imo is more mobile and a more damaging runner than his brother.
Though still only u17 in yr 12 he will be a handful for all teams he plays against.

Constantine

Stan Wickham (3)
Trinity should be a contender this year but as has been suggested by some other contributors has tendered to lack the rugby depth of some of the other CAS schools.Injuries tend to take a greater toll on schools such as Trinity, St Aloys & Cranbrook than the traditionally stronger schools Knox , Barker & Waverley.

However injury free Trinity should have around 9 boys back from the Firsts of last year with a very strong under 17 age group.That being said Waverly should have around 6-7 players from their 2010 firsts with at least 1-2 state players.

Knox always have a gun side which could show some great counter attacking ability with Cam Clarke at nos 15 if he has some better luck with injuries.I believe many of the 2010 2nds will be coming through and again believe they won the 2nd grade last year. Brett Johnstone appeared to a pretty handy nos 8.

Not sure about Barker but usually strong so generally feel the CAS could be a pretty good contest in 2011.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
True that to an extent. I'm really liking the Trinity team atm:
1. Crook
3. Morsello
4. Mae
5. Orr
6. Hazell
7. Hurst
8. Sio
9. Jones
10. Debreczini
11. Lee
12. Koroi
13. Clarke??
14. Pack
15. Clunies-Ross

Agree with you relborG.

Morsello is a sensational ball runner for a tight head. Lovely step and excellent speed for a big man. Seen him score plenty from 30m out.

Is "Orr" Cam Orr or an older brother?

Trinity have an outstanding 10 in Jamo Clarke but I think that he's only in year 10?

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
Agree with you relborG.

Morsello is a sensational ball runner for a tight head. Lovely step and excellent speed for a big man. Seen him score plenty from 30m out.

Is "Orr" Cam Orr or an older brother?

Trinity have an outstanding 10 in Jamo Clarke but I think that he's only in year 10?

orr is harry orr who is in year 12 i think. jamo clark is in year 11 but underage, in my opinion he will play at 12 and koroi will play at 13

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
.I believe many of the 2010 2nds will be coming through and again believe they won the 2nd grade last year. QUOTE]

I am of the undrstanding that most of the 2nds will be coming back. They went through undefeated in the CAS with a quite impressive for and against. I was told by someone related to that side that it was probably better than their firsts last year.

However the season will probably be quite competitive - in genral the CAS has been getting closer at the higher levels recently. Though the big three tend to win, all schools are quite competitive and there are probably les "give-me's" than in some of the other competitions.

R

relborG

Three horse race between Knox, Waves and Trinity with Aloys close behind, very good year 12's. I think ull see Barker in the lower half of the table, alot of year 12's from last year gone that were valuable.

B

Bradley

11. Diego Lobos-Gonzalez

I think I saw this bloke play last year for CAS2. Very fast and a good prospect

T

the beast

Wouldn't say they're are no workers in the forward pack mate, Waverley Pack are always very dominate in the tackle contest and the breakdown and their style of forwards play e.g. forwards using the ball with short passing is sometimes what fool the opposition its been a apart of their game name for a number of years.

Team will look something like this, still a very strong team in my thoughts.

You're dreaming if you think this is the best team Waverley can put on the paddock. Jack Johnson is a 7 not a centre and he played a few games with the first fifteen at 7 last year. Matt Booth is a winger and you've left out Elliott Dowdy???. Daniel Kitto is not an 8 and Nick Rogers is too slow to play 6. If thats the best forward pack they can put on the paddock the backs won't see much ball because at least half the pack spend most of their time in the backline. Glad your not selecting the team.

1. Toby Cipola
2. Nick Brbot
3. Chris Talakai
4. James Munro
5. Charles Ingram-Melsom
6. Nic Rogers
7. Kurt Spurr
8. Daniel Kitto
9. Nathan Steyn
10. Oli Nicholson
11. Diego Lobos-Gonzalez
12. Jack Johnson
13. Matty Booth
14. Jack Reign
15. Will Paterson

This Waverley team will rely on 2 players basically to lead their side every game, something which mentally they must get out of their head but big responsibilities lie on Chris Talakai and Will Paterson to provide go forward and good decision making.

R

relborG

Wouldn't say they're are no workers in the forward pack mate, Waverley Pack are always very dominate in the tackle contest and the breakdown and their style of forwards play e.g. forwards using the ball with short passing is sometimes what fool the opposition its been a apart of their game name for a number of years.

1. Toby Cipola
2. Nick Brbot
3. Chris Talakai
4. James Munro
5. Charles Ingram-Melsom
6. Nic Rogers
7. Kurt Spurr
8. Daniel Kitto
9. Nathan Steyn
10. Oli Nicholson
11. Diego Lobos-Gonzalez
12. Jack Johnson
13. Matty Booth
14. Jack Reign
15. Will Paterson

This Waverley team will rely on 2 players basically to lead their side every game, something which mentally they must get out of their head but big responsibilities lie on Chris Talakai and Will Paterson to provide go forward and good decision making.

No Stevens? I suppose it would be hard to slot him in at all, and Jack Johnson at 12? Its interesting, i can see it working due to his league background but risky at the same time...

N

ned

No Stevens? I suppose it would be hard to slot him in at all, and Jack Johnson at 12? Its interesting, i can see it working due to his league background but risky at the same time...

Must agree Jack Johnson would be very risky at 12, he is a great defender but I doubt he has the speed and acceleration required to play 12. Also what about Whittikar, Thomas, Morten, Gudgeon and Dowdy. What position does Stevens play?

R

relborG

Must agree Jack Johnson would be very risky at 12, he is a great defender but I doubt he has the speed and acceleration required to play 12. Also what about Whittikar, Thomas, Morten, Gudgeon and Dowdy. What position does Stevens play?

Stevens plays anywhere from 4-8 but in the back-row predominantly... and yes I would think Gudgeon has a serious chance at loose head prop

W

waves

Morten is a good lineout prospect although his very one-dimensional but has a chance due to Munro injury, Dougherty has alot of speed aswell but had one of the worst games in history against Scots last year hope he gets a chance, Gudgeon has a shoulder injury and will be out for 2-3 weeks im aware.

Berrenger Stevens left Waverley at the end of last year and Jack Johnson will slot right in at 12 has a League background and is currently playing SG Ball with the Roosters should help him work on his speed and ballskills playing backrow.

N

ned

Morten is a good lineout prospect although his very one-dimensional but has a chance due to Munro injury, Dougherty has alot of speed aswell but had one of the worst games in history against Scots last year hope he gets a chance, Gudgeon has a shoulder injury and will be out for 2-3 weeks im aware.

Berrenger Stevens left Waverley at the end of last year and Jack Johnson will slot right in at 12 has a League background and is currently playing SG Ball with the Roosters should help him work on his speed and ballskills playing backrow.

what is munro's injury? Everyone is entitled to one bad game surely and see how Dougherty is a year older perhaps he deserves another chance. Still can't agree with you on Johnson slotting right in at 12. Why move a kid that is a great 7 and works hard in the forward pack? What about Jack Reign in the centres, his defence is rock solid.

R

relborG

1. Toby Cipola
2. Nick Brbot
3. Chris Talakai
4. James Munro
5. Charles Ingram-Melsom
6. Nic Rogers
7. Kurt Spurr
8. Daniel Kitto
9. Nathan Steyn
10. Oli Nicholson
11. Diego Lobos-Gonzalez
12. Jack Johnson
13. Matty Booth
14. Jack Reign
15. Will Paterson

Uhmm, I'd hate to be rude, but you seem to have left out Jesse Harris...

R

relborG

Jesse Harris is playing colts for Randwick, he was in year 12 last year.

What!? really, well thats interesting... Oh yeah. CAS standings:
1. Knox
2. Waverley
3. Trinity
4. Aloys
5. Cranbrook
6. Barker

G

Goldenone

there are no workers they're all ball players who stand out in the backs. With no centres it will be hard to see them scoring many tries unless Olly Nicholson and Will Paterson play huge games. BUT THEY STILL NEED THE BALL!!!
If it is the same Rogers boy then he has been through a few schools.He was at TSS then went to Nudgee.Likes to travel,not a bad player though,pretty tough kid.Good luck to him

N

no_name12

heard from the grapevine of a trial between Waverly and Saint Augustines on the 2nd of april? can anyone confirm this?

Status
Not open for further replies.