• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baldingwingforward

what does that say for barker then u derik

Not much mate... Given that Waverley beat them and then Waves got pumped by Trinity today. Scots beat Waverley quite easily and View put 40 points on Scots today so where do that leave Barker mate...? Pretty weak side i would say...

Overall, collectively this is one of the weakest CAS comps i have seen for years. Early days yet but it could be scenes of a few years ago (2007) when GPS won every game against the CAS by 50+.

Piglet

Herbert Moran (7)
I caught the second half of the Trinity vs Waverley game today. Trinity put 6 tries (only two converted) on Waverley. Waverley managed two tries (unconverted) of which one was when Trinity were down to 14. Trinity appeared to be cruising; their forwards were too dominant in the scrums. Quick cut out passes in the backs led to a few tries. Tackling was quite ferocious as well.

Does anyone know why the Trinity No.5 was sent off?

C

CAS

waverley outclassed today in a fairly one sided game. the home team came out firing scoring early points waverley were then able to hit back but to little avail as trinity continued a fairly dominant display at half time waverley were still very much in it but then after the injury of captain c. talakai struglled at the set play such as scrums and line outs and the like of trinity number 10 and 15 were able to capitalise on these weaknesses. I believe the trinity number 5 was sent off for illegal lef lfting but this will have to be clarified. Overall waverley struggled without the likes of Charles Ingram-Melson and Talakai and simply did not go low enough against a bigger side. 10, and 15 from trinity had great games and 3 dominant from waverley. it would seem trinity are now the favourites but i would not put it past the likes of a barker or knox outfit to put it past them with some lazy work from the front row letting a much smaller waverley pack easily score two tries when they were able to pick and drive

T

the beast

Cipolla didn't even cross the line let alone run 100 metres. C. Talakai scored the first Waverley try from 1 metre out and Turnbull scored the last try of the match from about 4 metres out.

T

the beast

waverley outclassed today in a fairly one sided game. the home team came out firing scoring early points waverley were then able to hit back but to little avail as trinity continued a fairly dominant display at half time waverley were still very much in it but then after the injury of captain c. talakai struglled at the set play such as scrums and line outs and the like of trinity number 10 and 15 were able to capitalise on these weaknesses. I believe the trinity number 5 was sent off for illegal lef lfting but this will have to be clarified. Overall waverley struggled without the likes of Charles Ingram-Melson and Talakai and simply did not go low enough against a bigger side. 10, and 15 from trinity had great games and 3 dominant from waverley. it would seem trinity are now the favourites but i would not put it past the likes of a barker or knox outfit to put it past them with some lazy work from the front row letting a much smaller waverley pack easily score two tries when they were able to pick and drive
The game was already lost when Talakai went off with a heartlidge and he wasn't lifting in the line outs when he was on the field anyway. Trinity won the game in the backs, they have a classy 10 & 15 and some speedy outside backs.

thejuggler

Frank Nicholson (4)
Anyone got any results for 13A, 14A, 15A or 16A from Barker v Aloysius and Trinity v Waverley for update to unofficial CAS website? 16A Knox beat Cranbrook 23-3, 15A Knox beat Cranbrook 15-5. All assistance gratefully received.

C

Casnovian

Sin binned (10 minutes) for consistant leg lifting.
Seemed to me that he was catching the ball each time.

Trinity now have two world standard Rugby Union referees on their teaching staff.

Time for some team meetings and robust discussion perhaps? regarding the under 19s rule for lifting by the shorts and not the legs.

M

meathead

From what i saw on the sideline, it was a poor performance by waverley in defence. Trinity were too good in attack, however waverley were unable to capitalise on trinity's weak defence around the breakdown, the 2 waverley tries were soft tries with a couple of pick an drives which trinity failed to defend

B

baldingwingforward

Trinity now have two world standard Rugby Union referees on their teaching staff. QUOTE]

Not sure how Leckie has made it as far he has. His game management, particularly when he referees schoolboy matches is dreadful. Zero empathy for the game and struggles to keep control of 1st XV school level - professional players must run rings around him!

F

footyhead09

agree with meathead, waverley were very poor and made trinity look better than what they were. game played around there 10 and strongrunning from their big boppas, however they are weak around the edges and when play opened up. trinity dominated the set pieces with classy backline moves but looked vulnerable in defence, particularly with pick and drives. they are still the team to beat atm

C

crannie5

From what i saw on the sideline, it was a poor performance by waverley in defence. Trinity were too good in attack, however waverley were unable to capitalise on trinity's weak defence around the breakdown, the 2 waverley tries were soft tries with a couple of pick an drives which trinity failed to defend

traitor

C

Casnovian

He refereed a 15A game last year. Game seemed to flow - number of penalty's against the Trinity side - the explanations and instruction from the ref seemed to be appreciated by the side (from a learning point of view). Can't say I saw the same demonstration by the referee on the weekend Waves Vs Trinity - he certainly liked the sound of his whistle and pointing to his knee - without any explanation - another ref in the crowd had difficulty understanding his signs!

Perhaps need to get George Ayoub away from the TMO and on the pitch? See what he has to offer.
Trinity now have two world standard Rugby Union referees on their teaching staff. QUOTE]

Not sure how Leckie has made it as far he has. His game management, particularly when he referees schoolboy matches is dreadful. Zero empathy for the game and struggles to keep control of 1st XV school level - professional players must run rings around him!

C

CDOG

cranbrook has a solid side this year. will surely contend for the win, poor start to the season though

Status
Not open for further replies.