• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

G&GR News Bot

ISA heavyweights, St. Augustines College and Oakhill College, set up a no-love-lost-return-bout final when both won Waratah Shield semi-finals at the T.G. Milner field today. St. Augustines (Brookvale) accounted for St. Stanislaus College (Bathurst) and Oakhill (Castle Hill) defeated Marist College (ACT). St. Augustine’s 53 – St.Stanislaus 17 A young Auggies team with nearly half of

Click this link to read the full article...

G

G&GR News Bot

Thought I was done for the season, but one or two people have commented that my reports haven’t dealt evenly with every school. Which is true. So here, as evenly as I can, is my end of term report for the Associated Schools competition. Barker Rating: 9 snorts out of 10. Premiers with just one

M

Malo

So, another season is done and dusted. According to the first post Waverly were favourites. I have read the posts over the season, qualifying those apparently contributed by a schoolboy. I have found the personally directed criticism unacceptable (appreciative of the intervention of the moderator) and I have enjoyed the in depth match reports - many thanks.

Clearly this site is not accessed by the full range of CAS member schools commentators with something useful to say.

Congratulations to all teams who played their
hearts out and particularly those year 12 boys who played rugby in whatever team. Rejoice In your participation!

K

KNOBsRugby

The Old Farts who are coming out of retirement in their younger years:
On Saturday August 25, the Knox Old Boys RUFC is hosting an event to celebrate mateship and harness community spirit in order to raise awareness and financial support for the Chris O’Brien Lifehouse at RPA. The Lifehouse is a world-class facility that combines clinical care, research, education and integrative therapies, creating opportunities for innovative research and compassionate holistic care and outcomes for cancer patients, their families and carers.
We are gathering a team of players, mostly veterans who played between 2001 and 2010, to play Mosman RUFC in a full competition 3rd grade game in the Suburban rugby Competition. Kick off is at 11.40am at Knox Grammar School, No. 1 oval, Wahroonga.
The latest statistics show cancer will touch all of us in some form during our lives. Recently two fine young men in the prime of their lives were diagnosed with Cancer. Both are brothers and mates of the Knox Community and members of the Knox Old Boys RUFC.
Tim Cussell 29, OKG 2000, was a fit and strong rugby player and sports enthusiast when in 2010 he was diagnosed with bowel cancer. Today, after lifesaving surgery Tim is in remission and passionate about raising awareness of bowel cancer and the importance of the Lifehouse holistic approach. Like the late Chris O’Brien, the founder of Lifehouse and fellow cancer sufferer, Tim is using his personal experience to raise awareness and support for cancer patients and their families.
Lachlan Robertson 33, OKG 1996, loving husband and father, was diagnosed with Oesophageal cancer and is currently undergoing chemotherapy. Lach enjoyed playing rugby with the Knox Old Boys for several years but never managed to play in a match with all three of his brothers, a feat which would also break the club record. Lach will take the field with brothers Scott, Jason and Bryn for this special game and one final attempt at making club history and moving the brothers into rugby folklore.
Please join us for what will be a memorable day for all ages. Food and beverages will be flowing, with jumping castles and face painting for the kids, charity auctions and of course a fine display of champagne rugby. Every dollar raised on the day will go to Lifehouse, making a material difference to many lives in the future.
You may also show your support by calling Danae Fitzpatrick on 9515 2000 to make a credit card payment or by completing and emailing the attached form to dfitzpatrick@lifehouserpa.org.au. Please remember to reference Brothers IV Brothers. Donations are fully tax deductible.
We would like to thank our generous corporate sponsors who have come onboard to support this special cause.
Please join us to make this day one for the ages.

J

Justin Macline

Good to see the rugby boys put the effort into the athletics season as well

G

G&GR News Bot

You Can’t Keep a Class Act Down for Long – St Augustine’s defeat Oakhill College in 2012 Waratah Shield Final. Forshaw Rugby Park – it maybe at the wrong end of Sydney for these two north of the harbour schools, but busloads of student supporters from both schools created plenty of atmosphere. And there were

Status
Not open for further replies.