• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollAway

Frank Row (1)
Harry McLennan was taken off yesterday in the early stages of the game for a concussion test... past it and went back on but the referee did not let him play due to the rule of players not allowed to leave the field and return..
How does this happen? could he not of done the test on field?

Felt sorry for the young man, a fine player and excellent ball carrier
He was almost in tears on the sideline

S

sidelineview

Harry McLennan was taken off yesterday in the early stages of the game for a concussion test. past it and went back on but the referee did not let him play due to the rule of players not allowed to leave the field and return..
How does this happen? could he not of done the test on field?

Felt sorry for the young man, a fine player and excellent ball carrier
He was almost in tears on the sideline

Would be interested to get a clarification on that situation. ''players not allowed to leave the field and return ..'' ? doesnt make sense.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^ Did the assessment take longer than 10 minutes to be completed?

Law 3.10 LAW AMENDMENT TRIAL

Temporary replacement - head injury assessment

In all situations, if there are any indications of concussion a player MUST be removed from play. This is known as Recognise and Remove.

(a) When a player leaves the field to have a head injury assessment that player may be temporarily replaced. If the player who has been temporarily replaced does not return to the field of play within ten minutes (actual time) of leaving the playing area, the replacement becomes permanent and the replaced player must not return to the field of play.

Law 3.7 Permanent replacement
A player may be permanently replaced if injured. If the player is permanently replaced, that player must not return and play in that match. The replacement of the injured player must be made when the ball is dead and with the permission of the referee.

The referee can also override advice of medically qualified persons.

Law 3.9 The referee’s power to stop an injured player from continuing

If the referee decides – with or without the advice of a doctor or other medically qualified person – that a player is so injured that the player should stop playing, the referee may order that player to leave the playing area. The referee may also order an injured player to leave the field in order to be medically examined

S

sidelineview

Thanks for the explanation. The 10 minute rule makes sense. Was that why McLennan was not allowed to continue to play?
I wonder how many referees would over rule medical advice?

S

sidelineview

Jordan did get game time but unfortunately on the wing replacing Diamond. Do not know the reasoning behind this though.

They've kept him in the mix as a reserve for 1sts in both games now. He's been bought on as a winger and scored a couple of tries vs CHS. Maybe they see him as a utility replacement player for the 1sts; I'm not sure.
The 2nds match report inferred the defensive strength of the backline was weakened when he came on to play 10 in the second half and Stenning replaced Bosch, but watching the game, I couldn't see how that came down to the replacements. Maybe I missed something.

Gilly

Herbert Moran (7)
Are new squads announced for Fridays game or do they traditionally keep the same team. The CAS website is a touch confusing
" Sat 13th June – 2 CAS Squads announced to play GPS fixture only"

S

sidelineview

Thanks for the explanation. The 10 minute rule makes sense. Was that why McLennan was not allowed to continue to play?
I wonder how many referees would over rule medical advice?

I think this rule as explained by Hugh Jarse is not fully understood by all concerned in school teams.
For example, in the Waverley - Barker game this season, a Waverley player got a head knock and was taken off. He was cleared to go back on by the respective trainers and accepted back onto the field by the referee. However, a doctor on the sideline intervened and the player had to come off and stay off.

rugbyking2

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think this rule as explained by Hugh Jarse is not fully understood by all concerned in school teams.
For example, in the Waverley - Barker game this season, a Waverley player got a head knock and was taken off. He was cleared to go back on by the respective trainers and accepted back onto the field by the referee. However, a doctor on the sideline intervened and the player had to come off and stay off.

It may be hard for players, coaches, supporters and the like at the time, however staying off is most always the correct decision. The long term health cannot be compromised at the expense of one match (especially during HSC year!)

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
^^^^ Did the assessment take longer than 10 minutes to be completed?

Law 3.10 LAW AMENDMENT TRIAL

Temporary replacement - head injury assessment

In all situations, if there are any indications of concussion a player MUST be removed from play. This is known as Recognise and Remove.

(a) When a player leaves the field to have a head injury assessment that player may be temporarily replaced. If the player who has been temporarily replaced does not return to the field of play within ten minutes (actual time) of leaving the playing area, the replacement becomes permanent and the replaced player must not return to the field of play.

Law 3.7 Permanent replacement
A player may be permanently replaced if injured. If the player is permanently replaced, that player must not return and play in that match. The replacement of the injured player must be made when the ball is dead and with the permission of the referee.

The referee can also override advice of medically qualified persons.

Law 3.9 The referee’s power to stop an injured player from continuing

If the referee decides – with or without the advice of a doctor or other medically qualified person – that a player is so injured that the player should stop playing, the referee may order that player to leave the playing area. The referee may also order an injured player to leave the field in order to be medically examined

Pretty sure that this law trial is only being used in Super Rugby.

S

Slim

What team is meant to train today?
The CAS web site says that the team announced on 13/6/15 was for GPS fixture only. Notice the GPS website names the teams,reserves and all details.
Perhaps the more organised and professional organisation flows down to the field. If the web site cant be relied upon what chance do the lads have ????

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
What team is meant to train today?
The CAS web site says that the team announced on 13/6/15 was for GPS fixture only. Notice the GPS website names the teams,reserves and all details.
Perhaps the more organised and professional organisation flows down to the field. If the web site cant be relied upon what chance do the lads have ????

I assume the manager has all the boys on speed dial. At the coal face all would be well organised - the web site simply a week behind.
Remember the old days of verbal communication?
(I'm stuck in a time warp this morning as I recollect the achievements of the great Ron Clarke).

S

Slim

I assume the manager has all the boys on speed dial. At the coal face all would be well organised - the web site simply a week behind.
Remember the old days of verbal communication?
(I'm stuck in a time warp this morning as I recollect the achievements of the great Ron Clarke).

Apparently so and there have been some changes!!!

Bring back the old days

Status
Not open for further replies.