• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilfer

Bob McCowan (2)
Congrats to the boys who made NSW throughly deserved.
I did not see the CAS games which may explain their abscenes but I am surprised based on their school form that
Diamond
Chapman
Lawson (this was more based on blogs of CAS games though)
Never even made shadow squad for NSW Schoolboys. However this may be reflective of CAS's struggle in REP games
Diamond particularly I felt was done harsh by who has in my opinion been the player of CAS so far. (Again I don't know how he played in trials though)
However if they truly are talented it will show in colts and grade rugby in the future.
Good luck to all the NSW boys, represent CAS well

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
For those of you not following the NSW trials thread there is a blog on the CAS games at Curagul here:

http://goo.gl/rH4XcT

But if you have any comments on the games they should be made in the other thread.

smithandwesson

Peter Burge (5)
To make no major changes after losing 50-0 has blown my mind. You have Siteine and Jordan in the 2s team who would be excellent options for the 10 jersey however they seem to overlook them?

Against GPS, the forward pack were intimated from the outset and never looked like they wanted to be there (with the acception of Swinton who obviously thrives on tough competition). Now I will probably be torn apart for saying this, but the lack of Waverley players in the pack would have severely affected this stigma of surrendering during adversity. Cardassilaris and Cooper are injured, who in my eyes are the only Waverley forwards capable of playing at the 1s level so it's not like they were overlooked. My opinion is obviously bias, however that doesn't make me wrong.

..but you are still wrong, Waverley are not the form team in CAS at the moment, don't forget they lost 31-0 to Knox in r2. Nice suggestion, but changing the make up of the team to include more Waverley against AAGPS would not have altered the scoreline.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
..but you are still wrong, Waverley are not the form team in CAS at the moment, don't forget they lost 31-0 to Knox in r2. Nice suggestion, but changing the make up of the team to include more Waverley against AAGPS would not have altered the scoreline.
If anything you might try more Knox players given their dominance this season. That said,it seems readily apparent that GPS have the cattle that CAS lack this year and shuffling the deck chairs will be of minimal benefit this campaign. To rollout the well worn cliche, you learn far more from from your losses than your victories will ever teach, and many of the CAS boys will have learned from today and come back better for it tmrw and in rugby and life to come.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Which of this years CAS Representative Team Players are in Year 11 or in Year 12 doing pathways and will still be at school in 2016?

Pretty sure my snouts have got this listing correct, but if there are any errors, I will amend the list from any corrections posted below.

2016 "Incumbents" (Yr 11 in 2015)
2015 CAS 1st XV
5.Liam RASCH ( T )
6.Milan BASSON ( K )
11.Peter SLAVEN ( A )
15.Ryan LONGVILLE ( T )

2015 CAS 2nd XV
1.Connor GRINDAL ( K )
4.Hugh MARGIN ( K )
6.Josh KEMENY ( C )
9.Rhett BUTLER ( K )
12.Tom FULLER ( W )
14.Jackson MOHI ( W )
15.Leo BOSCH ( K )
22.Tyzac JORDAN ( W )
23.Jack MAZARAKI ( A )

2015 Team Rehab
Tim ANSTEY ( B ) 1st xv

2016 Finished School
CAS 1st XV vs AAGPS 1st XV
1.Tom HILL (C)
2.Nicholas ROWELL ( K )
3.Alexander RATHIE ( C )
4.Lachlan SWINTON ( K )
7.Harry CHAPMAN ( K )
8.Harry McLENNAN ( T )
9.Matthew HAYES ( A )
10.Bruce THOMPSON ( B )
12.Sam LAWSON ( A )
13.Joe WILLIAMS ( K )
14.Alex DIAMOND ( A )

CAS 2nd XV vs AAGPS 2nd XV
2.Eric STENE ( A )
3.Jordi NIKOPOULOS ( A )
5.Will HALLIDAY ( A )
7.Liam SHIEL-DICK ( A )
8.Simon PURCELL ( B )
10.Robert SITEINE ( T )
11.Dion NAVAYAN ( W )
13.Jake SMIRNOTIS ( W )
16.Lewis BARAKAT ( C )
17.Anthony NGUYEN ( T )
18.Pernell FILIPO ( T )
19.Lachlan BEGG ( K )
20.Andy LLOYD ( B )
21.Adam WIGGLESWORTH ( B )

Team Rehab
Justin COOPER ( W ) 2nd xv
Cooper MURPHY ( W ) 2nd xv
Brad CADDEY ( B ) 2nd xv
Zac CARDASSILARIS ( W ) 2nd xv bench

Edit:OP amended based on input from below.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Congrats to the boys who made NSW throughly deserved.
I did not see the CAS games which may explain their abscenes but I am surprised based on their school form that
Diamond
Chapman
Lawson (this was more based on blogs of CAS games though)
Never even made shadow squad for NSW Schoolboys. However this may be reflective of CAS's struggle in REP games
Diamond particularly I felt was done harsh by who has in my opinion been the player of CAS so far. (Again I don't know how he played in trials though)
However if they truly are talented it will show in colts and grade rugby in the future.
Good luck to all the NSW boys, represent CAS well

Diamond, Chapman , Lawson could get a run in Combined States? Also Joe Williams would have to be considered given he was NSW II in 2014? Will Comb States be announced in the next day or so?

S

sidelineview

Rep players backing up next year ?

Trinity - Rasch, Longeville, Wayland, Morris

Barker - Anstey

Knox - Basson, Grindal, Margin, Bosch, Butler

Aloys - Dainton, Slaven, Mazaraki

Waverley - Fuller, Jordan, Mohi

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
CAS players selected for 2015 Combined States:

Joe WILLIAMS ( K )
Ryan LONGVILLE ( T ) - Was Shadow NSW Schools

A couple of CAS lads may be needed to join Peter SLAVEN ( A ) in the NSW shadow list as they have lost a Prop, Hooker, Halfback and Fullback to Combined States.

Going on past history, Hugh's Law says that at least two players from the Shadow List will be called up for duties at National Tournament.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Gather scots playing waves in a couple of weeks. Given Aussie championships wondering if scots will rest stars... And similarly if waverley will be back to full strength...they were down a lot of players in last round against knox.

Congrats to the 3 waverley stars in 15s who played awesome in cis nrl ... Still think it a shame they aren't playing for Randwick

S

sidelineview

Gather scots playing waves in a couple of weeks. Given Aussie championships wondering if scots will rest stars. And similarly if waverley will be back to full strength.they were down a lot of players in last round against knox.

Congrats to the 3 waverley stars in 15s who played awesome in cis nrl . Still think it a shame they aren't playing for Randwick

A questionable decision to play such a strong team as Scots and as to whether Waverley need a trial game at all mid season.

jeff thomson

Herbert Moran (7)
Gather scots playing waves in a couple of weeks. Given Aussie championships wondering if scots will rest stars. And similarly if waverley will be back to full strength.they were down a lot of players in last round against knox.

Congrats to the 3 waverley stars in 15s who played awesome in cis nrl . Still think it a shame they aren't playing for Randwick

since when did Waverley let there students compete in League events?

Status
Not open for further replies.