• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

theauthority123

Bob McCowan (2)
Which of this years CAS Representative Team Players are in Year 11 or in Year 12 doing pathways and will still be at school in 2016?

Pretty sure my snouts have got this listing correct, but if there are any errors, I will amend the list from any corrections posted below.

2016 "Incumbents" (Yr 11 in 2015)
2015 CAS 1st XV
5.Liam RASCH ( T )
6.Milan BASSON ( K )
11.Peter SLAVEN ( A )
15.Ryan LONGVILLE ( T )

2015 CAS 2nd XV
1.Connor GRINDAL ( K )
4.Hugh MARGIN ( K )
9.Rhett BUTLER ( K )
12.Tom FULLER ( W )
14.Jackson MOHI ( W )
15.Leo BOSCH ( K )
22.Tyzac JORDAN ( W )
23.Jack MAZARAKI ( A )

2015 Team Rehab
Tim ANSTEY ( B ) 1st xv

2016 Finished School
CAS 1st XV vs AAGPS 1st XV
1.Tom HILL (C)
2.Nicholas ROWELL ( K )
3.Alexander RATHIE ( C )
4.Lachlan SWINTON ( K )
7.Harry CHAPMAN ( K )
8.Harry McLENNAN ( T )
9.Matthew HAYES ( A )
10.Bruce THOMPSON ( B )
12.Sam LAWSON ( A )
13.Joe WILLIAMS ( K )
14.Alex DIAMOND ( A )

CAS 2nd XV vs AAGPS 2nd XV
2.Eric STENE ( A )
3.Jordi NIKOPOULOS ( A )
5.Will HALLIDAY ( A )
6.Josh KEMENY ( C )
7.Liam SHIEL-DICK ( A )
8.Simon PURCELL ( B )
10.Robert SITEINE ( T )
11.Dion NAVAYAN ( W )
13.Jake SMIRNOTIS ( W )
16.Lewis BARAKAT ( C )
17.Anthony NGUYEN ( T )
18.Pernell FILIPO ( T )
19.Lachlan BEGG ( K )
20.Andy LLOYD ( B )
21.Adam WIGGLESWORTH ( B )

Team Rehab
Justin COOPER ( W ) 2nd xv
Cooper MURPHY ( W ) 2nd xv
Brad CADDEY ( B ) 2nd xv
Zac CARDASSILARIS ( W ) 2nd xv bench

Edit:OP amended based on input from below.
Kemeny is in yr 11 not yr12

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Well he is a good kid with a lot of potential. Puts in and noticeably his penalty count from rucks and malls is almost gone from his game. He has potential to be a quality no 6

Rebels rising

Stan Wickham (3)
Trinity playing Newington at home 3:15 this Saturday, it will be good for them to blow the cobwebs out against most probably a half strength team as I'd imagine many of the newington boys who played in the carnival will be getting a rest

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
How did cranners go against grammar? Both teams full strength?

Assuming no injuries ... i think cranbrook v Waverley could be a bit closer in round 2 ... Altgh I believe it is be played at Death Valley ... And at this rate it will be snowing

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
How did cranners go against grammar? Both teams full strength?

Assuming no injuries . i think cranbrook v Waverley could be a bit closer in round 2 . Altgh I believe it is be played at Death Valley . And at this rate it will be snowing
The brook touched up grammar just a tad.
All over them in the pigs but they struggle to get the ball beyond 12: looks like a back rower in the vital mid channel. I think their 10 came out of 16s - I'd keep him and move Searle to 12 to broaden their attacking game.
Grammar have a couple out but they're long term injuries so there's no excuses and they will have to win with what they have. they need to learn to do the hard work and not go for he flash play quite so often.

Pilfer

Bob McCowan (2)
Getting this information second/third hand on the Aloys Oakhill game today. Apparently the score was even at half time between Aloys and oakhill, despite Aloys dominating possession (yes my source is an Aloys boy Second half Aloys did a full team switch with the 2nds coming on and ended up losing by two tries. Oakhill played the same team throughout the game (some players were on holidays though from starting team). Sadly a Aloys prop apparently sustained a serious injury. Not sure on the try scorers but I don't think either team cared about points, apparently the focus was on getting a good hit out.

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
Was at the Scots v Waverley game (Scots 36-26 I think with a Scots try at the death) & must say that the game was very good to watch. Both teams had more than a few players out but they both came to play. Perhaps because it wasn't a trial game the standard was much better than pre-season & because it's not a CAS or GPS game there was virtually no silly niggly bravado. Essentially both teams came to play some rugby on a lovely day and provided a good, hard game of rugby. Lovely flowing try from Scots just before half time with lots of 50:50 passes sticking and a great Maori side-step from the Waverley no. 5 over the Scots no. 14 to score in the second half were my highlights. Good size crowd and a nice day. Waverley 2nds won 10-8 at the death. Well done to all four teams.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Agree with scots v Waverley being great game ... Nice to see an absence of niggle.

Strikes me that waverley has a good team ... I don't know if cooper murphy is left handed but his service on left wing was excellent ... Then you have some very inciscive backs and a big strong 13.

Probably the biggest thing I think waverley has lacked in 2015, is an open side flanker ... The scots 18 carved them up a few times and someone should of cleaned him up, but too many forwards haven't quite got the zip.

Wasn't that scots smith (who was rested, given he made Aussie schools baabaas) originally at waverley?

When is that Zac cardisalris back? As cranbrook are playing better , from what I gather.... And might be closer that everyone thinks

Agree with scots v Waverley being great game . Nice to see an absence of niggle.

Probably the biggest thing I think waverley has lacked in 2015, is an open side flanker . The scots 18 carved them up a few times and someone should of cleaned him up, but too many forwards haven't quite got the zip.

Were you even watching the game? Waverley's 7 was one of the better players on the field and was actively involved at the breakdown, forcing 4-5 turnovers.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Were you even watching the game? Waverley's 7 was one of the better players on the field and was actively involved at the breakdown, forcing 4-5 turnovers.
I made no comment re waverleys number 7.

But I will tell you I heard a scots player, saying words to the effect that Waverley could not hold the ball for more than 5 phases

And not sure where that came from, probably straight out of the scots coaches mouth ... And I don't know too much about the pod structure, other than presumably it is largely about not turning over the ball

If you look at the highlights real, all you see if Waverley backs carving up

You'd think they won the game

So you probably are right number 7 may have won plenty turn over ball, but I'd be going back a step and looking at how Waverley kept coughing up the ball

Yes, maybe Waverley might argue on some of the lack of clear release, etc

But Waverley needs to learn from these games ... Otherwise that trophy cabinet is going to remain bare, as I gather it has now been quite a few years

Anyway no doubt I missed the game entirely, as I am a complete rugby dope

S

sidelineview

I made no comment re waverleys number 7.

But I will tell you I heard a scots player, saying words to the effect that Waverley could not hold the ball for more than 5 phases

And not sure where that came from, probably straight out of the scots coaches mouth . And I don't know too much about the pod structure, other than presumably it is largely about not turning over the ball

If you look at the highlights real, all you see if Waverley backs carving up

You'd think they won the game

So you probably are right number 7 may have won plenty turn over ball, but I'd be going back a step and looking at how Waverley kept coughing up the ball

Yes, maybe Waverley might argue on some of the lack of clear release, etc

But Waverley needs to learn from these games . Otherwise that trophy cabinet is going to remain bare, as I gather it has now been quite a few years

Anyway no doubt I missed the game entirely, as I am a complete rugby dope

You're right, Waverley need to get better at hanging onto the ball. They can attack and defend but their lack of ball security is their biggest weakness.

S

sidelineview

With the holidays over and the CAS competition about to kick back into gear, what's everyone's tips for this Saturday?

I have no idea of team lists and injuries etc but my tips are:

Aloys over Barker fairly convincingly
Waverley to beat Cranbrook in a close one
Knox over Trinity.

Open Side

Bob McCowan (2)
Agreed. Waves ball security really needs to improve so they can string more phases together and build pressure on teams. If they can be more patient in attack....they will wear teams down. Less kicking,keep the ball in hand and keep moving the defense around. When they moved the ball wide thru the hands v Scots they looked good & were able to get on the outside of defenders. Support the ball runner at the tackle quicker ....and technique at breakdown needs to be spot on. Cranbrook will be much tougher this week now they have their Forwards Coach Mark Giacheri back from his USA Coaching gig. Should be a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.