• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Same bad habits on show. Suggest the 1sts watch footage of how Waverley 3rds and 2nds are playing.they may learn something. Drew-Morris, Pepper, Cartmer and a few others deserve to be promoted from the 2nds as does the Coach Scott Coleman.

I rate that tall centre in the 2nds ... Not sure of his name. He was red-carded in the 2nds game, and I saw no strike from him ... From my angle it looked liked the cranbrook player lashed out (albeit after some push and shove on the ground), and for what it's worth I saw no strike or anything much more than 'handbags' .... Hopefully he doesn't miss a match based on his red card.

Whether he could play wing ... Not sure ... But I do know he has shown some skill, and blokes of that height aren't easy to tackle or prevent off loading.

The bloke playing 3 for waverley (in the cranbrook game) is simply too lite for front row duties ... It isn't that easy to turn breakaways into props....Lucky cranbrook had their best prop playing at 6

costa fragias

Frank Row (1)
Big dog Lachlan Drew-Morris from Waverley 2XV is in the 1XV. This is a great addition to the team as he is one of the best roasters in the team, I even heard that he was invited to cook at Jake Smirnotis' BBQ.

S

Slim

Tips for this weekend.
Aloys 21-20 over Knox
Cranbrook by 7 over trinity
Waverly by 5 at home over barker.

Good luck men!

Tahmen

Frank Nicholson (4)
My quick thoughts:

- Knox Vs Aloys
Knox too good at home, going to win by more than the last game.
Knox 24-12 over Aloys

- Trinity Vs Cranbrook
Cranbrook has been showing some form but I think Trinity is a quality side and that Cranbrook will struggle to contain the danger men - Longeville and Mclennan
Trinity 22 - 15 over Cranbrook

- Waverley Vs Barker
Waverley will be looking for some consolation after a disappointing season but I think Barker will sense the weakness after the Waverley loss to Cranbrook. It will be close, perhaps death valley will tip the score?
Barker 21 - 20 over Waverley

Pilfer

Bob McCowan (2)
Knox vs aloys

In my view this is a game of the best and biggest forward pack in the competiton in Knox supplemented by a decent enough backline. Versus by far the best backline in CAS in aloys, with a forward pack that punches well above its weight in defence and ruck work, however lacks big forward line breakers. With a single point separating both teams last time they versed this has to be match of the season

Despite history against aloys. Aloys has always enjoyed the challenge of Knox at Knox. So I'm going with my heart in this one with an aloys victory by the narrowest of margins.

Looking forward to a cracker where both teams will undoubtably do their schools proud

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Knox v Alloys: Knox by 20 or Alloys by a point
Cranbrook v Trinity: Cranbrook by 7
Waverly v Barker: Waverly by 15 but my heart says Barker by a point

Pilfer

Bob McCowan (2)
Knox aloys game really bloated out after a 21-15 halftime score. Excellent game though with high physicality and great running rugby. Congrats to Knox where each player played well, particularly the forwards and the full back and outside. Aloys to must be congratulated for a great performance against a much bigger pack. Sam lawson stood out as the best player for me in the game, despite being on the losing team. Slaven and Hayes from aloys also deserve strong credit for turning in great performances. Great game and congrats to the new CAS premiers Knox

Status
Not open for further replies.