• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

Apologies for the GPS diatribe but think we should keep in mind CAS U16 victory over GPS two years ago. Slaven and Dainton, who were in that CAS team, I think exceptional players and will lead Alyo's around well. Basson a proven type at Knox but Armstrong I expect to see in the CAS team this year has also been one of the best of this age in all forms will be well supported by Bosch.

CAS got the better of GPS in the U16s two years ago and still have quite a few players from that team still at school this year, apart from the 5 mentioned above; but GPS will no doubt have more players to choose from than two years ago.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
sounds like Waves had a convincing 33-5 win over Daramalan

like Waves new App that gives live score updates, shame it isn't like Joeys rugby twitter ... which is publicly available and bit more expansive

don't know why all the schools are so restrictive on info such as fixtures

and that CAS website ... hopeless

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Ladies and gentlemen (if I can use the second term loosely)……

…… the CAS season will be starting on 7 May and it's my job unpaid preoccupation to produce a blog of of the CAS games every weekend.

I know what the clever people are thinking - there are three matches on every Saturday at the same time so how can even Lee Grant be at three different places at once?

You raise a good point and probably have a suggestion: Lee, why don't you ask people to help you out? They could write some stuff down and maybe take a few snaps and send it all to you and you can put it together. You can even give them a credit that they did the work. It's not rocket surgery.

You can even go to another footie match or stay home and mow the lawn.

Great idea - why didn't I think of that? Don't know about the lawn part - it's a jungle out there.

Do any of you go the the games? And can you help out by doing some reports during the season?

Just volunteer here or send me a convo if you like. Even if you can do only a couple of games in the season it will be a great help.

I will send you guidelines if you are interested.

Cheers

LG

R

Runpasstackle

I am told Cranbrook playing Shore at Northbridge on Saturday. This fixture not listed on Aagps website.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Cranbrook 1st XV played Riverview 2nd Xv at Coffs going down 4 tries to 1 so i was told...

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
NIS, what time is Cranbrook v Shore fixture? ...

Knox v Joeys the following weekend should be a cracker ... I don't like Knox 16As chances though ... although I do rate Knox's Cameron ...

although haven't seen Cameron play for a while ... and bit like Murphy, Towns guessing he didn't crack the opens .... which means 16s comp should be better for it

for those reading anything into waverleys 16As loss to Newington ... I gather they were missing above mentioned players plus a few other 1st starters (most notably Moretti)

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
NIS, what time is Cranbrook v Shore fixture? .

Knox v Joeys the following weekend should be a cracker . I don't like Knox 16As chances though . although I do rate Knox's Cameron .

although haven't seen Cameron play for a while . and bit like Murphy, Towns guessing he didn't crack the opens .. which means 16s comp should be better for it

for those reading anything into waverleys 16As loss to Newington . I gather they were missing above mentioned players plus a few other 1st starters (most notably Moretti)
I thought Waverley were full strength in the 16's? Anyway should be competitive in the 16's this year! I think Aloys will be very strong and hard to beat

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
When was the last time CAS beats GPS in the 16's? Think it will be a cracker of a game this year

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
To early to start discussing rep teams for Opens and 16's? I think CAS will be very competitive in both considering the opens age group beat GPS back in 2014

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
NIS, what time is Cranbrook v Shore fixture? .

Knox v Joeys the following weekend should be a cracker . I don't like Knox 16As chances though . although I do rate Knox's Cameron .

although haven't seen Cameron play for a while . and bit like Murphy, Towns guessing he didn't crack the opens .. which means 16s comp should be better for it

for those reading anything into waverleys 16As loss to Newington . I gather they were missing above mentioned players plus a few other 1st starters (most notably Moretti)

@SDW I am not sure of the time of the match. Would assume normal time. Will update if I become aware of anything different.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
^^^ That's why we have G&GR. Slightly irrelevant to this thread but if you think CAS website is no good, try looking on the ISA one.

It's a shocking website for looking up rugby fixtures etc. Can be ok for looking up results although there is a time lag.

One has to remember that of the "full member school" only 3 of them are in ISA Div 1 rugby, so rugby isn't as big a sport over there as some might like to think. (And shrinking unfortunately - at the top end anyway)

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Nice get-out-of jail win to the double v ... Down 17-7

With not a lot of time left... Yoannidis hangs onto the ball (in muddy conditions) and scores to cap off a man of the match performance ... At least in SDW book

And waverley clinching the win 21-17

The st pats 10 was the other star ...equally as elusive as
The Waverley winger.

... The waverley kicking game was diabolical

'Couldn't kick a drunk in the gutter' stuff

But great gutsy win despite a few things to work on

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
Waves 1sts defeat St Pats 21-17 after a Mohi hattrick and runaway try in the last play of the game. Was 0-0 at HT and I believe the turning point was Pats 10 getting carded for late shot in the last 10 for Waves to make a 2 try comeback. Wet conditions, sloppy and undisciplined at times. Waves 2nds defeat Pats 25-5 and look to be in good depth going into the season. Heard from a friend that St Pats parents and players were no shows at the after match function? Anyone else at the game?

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
Nice get-out-of jail win to the double v . Down 17-7

With not a lot of time left. Yoannidis hangs onto the ball (in muddy conditions) and scores to cap off a man of the match performance . At least in SDW book

And waverley clinching the win 21-17

The st pats 10 was the other star .equally as elusive as
The Waverley winger.

. The waverley kicking game was diabolical

'Couldn't kick a drunk in the gutter' stuff

But great gutsy win despite a few things to work on

Mohi was final try scorer by the way and Yoanidis was other wing with no tries. 10 played well for Pats but his card in my opinion completely stuffed his team and unravelled his good work with an aggressive and well intended late hit

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
My bad ... Mohi was the triple try scorer... And unless I am mistaken the st pats 10 scored both their tries

Waverley seemed to be resting a few and hardaker played well until fuller came on late

He plays well above his weight

Be curious to know how many tight heads each team won .. And while there has been some improvement, still an area of improvement

I would like to see Finn wright at hooker... But what do I know ... I got the Motm name wrong

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
My bad . Mohi was the triple try scorer. And unless I am mistaken the st pats 10 scored both their tries

Waverley seemed to be resting a few and hardaker played well until fuller came on late

He plays well above his weight

Be curious to know how many tight heads each team won .. And while there has been some improvement, still an area of improvement

I would like to see Finn wright at hooker. But what do I know . I got the Motm name wrong

I believe Fuller and Roger Smith off the bench had something to do with Roosters game. Also Wright received a red card in club rugby game and can not play in any way shape or form for any Union code. O'sullivan had a concussion in Canberra and was replaced by what I think is an undersized 7 I think his name is Ellis? Riverview will be another stern test

Status
Not open for further replies.