• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
I reckon they have picked very well ... Only shame is some of the boys not there care of injury... Thankfully some of the waverley team rehab kids are in year 11

Which largely leaves Clifton as one that it is a real shame... At least from a waverley perspective

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Interesting decision for Byron H-D having been chosen in both CAS 16s and 2nds. Presumably 'easier' to make NSW in the 16s and stay on selectors radar. Much harder to achieve, esp from CAS II, but a bigger prize if you can make it in in opens. I hope he elects the former, as he has the potential to make 16s a stronger proposition.

Reactions: Njr

Donald Drumph

Stan Wickham (3)
No James Wayland (T)? Quite surprising
Yes for the second year in a row he has suffered a serious leg injury which will again rob him a spot in the reps. He would have been one of the first CAS players picked and an almost certain nsw and possible Aust schoolboy. I'm sure he will rise to the top again as he's too good a player but it's a real shame for him to miss out again.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Wayland (T)and Anstey (B) are the best props in the CAS comp and would have made a fabulous CAS 1sts front row to challenge the GPS lads. Unfortunately both suffered from cruel injuries at the wrong part of the season.

S

sidelineview

Wayland (T)and Anstey (B) are the best props in the CAS comp and would have made a fabulous CAS 1sts front row to challenge the GPS lads. Unfortunately both suffered from cruel injuries at the wrong part of the season.

I have to agree, even though it gives other players an opportunity.
Add to that list the Knox prop injured early in the season and Rogers-Smith and Clifton from Waverley. Clifton in particular was in great form.
Very bad luck for those players, especially if they're in Year 12 and dont get another opportunity next year.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
I have not seen Clifton play but from all reports he was a shoe in. Same with Dainton from Aloys. Anstey does get his chance on the weekend from the CAS 2nds. His lack of game time probably weighed on selectors minds. That said one lads loss is another boys gain.
I think this years game will be much closer than last years 50 point white wash. The CAS boys have the cattle in the forwards this year to match the GPS piggies. I think though the backs will be the area we get exploited. The GPS boys will be just to skilled and slick.
The fact that Rixon (E) could only make the GPS 3rds highlights their depth.

S

sidelineview

We'll see, but the CAS teams can change from game 1 to game 2 as we saw last year, so all the players in the 2nds still have an opportunity.

Just interested to see where everyone is at. Probably cop hate for this, but it's been growing on me; the ISA is now the 2nd strongest comp in Sydney (behind GPS of course). Powerhouses such as Oakhill and Augustines, and smaller schools such as Stannies, Kinross and St Pats giving them a run for their money - just quality rugby all round.

Would struggle to see any CAS schools (with the exception of Knox, possibly Waverley) getting up in a hypothetical head-to-head; the CAS is no longer the premier competition it once was, which is EXTREMELY disappointing.

Any ideas on how we get our comp back to the glory days, and dominant once again?

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
^^^Nothing hypothetical about it - Knox Opens got over ISA leaders Auggies reasonably comfortably in this year's trials.

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)
Just interested to see where everyone is at. Probably cop hate for this, but it's been growing on me; the ISA is now the 2nd strongest comp in Sydney (behind GPS of course). Powerhouses such as Oakhill and Augustines, and smaller schools such as Stannies, Kinross and St Pats giving them a run for their money - just quality rugby all round.

Would struggle to see any CAS schools (with the exception of Knox, possibly Waverley) getting up in a hypothetical head-to-head; the CAS is no longer the premier competition it once was, which is EXTREMELY disappointing.

Any ideas on how we get our comp back to the glory days, and dominant once again?

Unfortunately have to agree with you here.
As you said, and CatchnPass rightly pointed out, with the exception of Knox, ISA schools are seemingly stronger than CAS which would set it as the 2nd strongest comp in Sydney. Only reason for this is the relative strength across all teams throughout the comp with every team (bar gregs) having the opportunity to beat the other, which in my opinion is not occurring in CAS anymore with Knox at the head. With this being said I would not place CAS far behind ISA and I'm sure with a couple of good years they could easily get back ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.