• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

Redtilldead24

Frank Row (1)
Barkers 1s and 2s take on joeys this weekend in a trial game. They recorded convincing wins in 1s and 2s against daramalan college over the weekend.
In regards to a predicted team I’m not sure but I think it could be:
1. Daly
2. Kotarac
3. Hill
4. Hanley
5. Thomas
6. Gibb
7. Rous
8. Talaileva
9. Weaver
10. Dene
11. Chandler sullivan
12. Sentonaris
13. Archer
14. Hargreaves
15. Poynton
A particularly strong forward pack but not overly sure about how the backline will shape up against Knox, waverly and even trinity and cranbrook

joebeale

Frank Row (1)
Barkers 1s and 2s take on joeys this weekend in a trial game. They recorded convincing wins in 1s and 2s against daramalan college over the weekend.
In regards to a predicted team I’m not sure but I think it could be:
1. Daly
2. Kotarac
3. Hill
4. Hanley
5. Thomas
6. Gibb
7. Rous
8. Talaileva
9. Weaver
10. Dene
11. Chandler sullivan
12. Sentonaris
13. Archer
14. Hargreaves
15. Poynton
A particularly strong forward pack but not overly sure about how the backline will shape up against Knox, waverly and even trinity and cranbrook
I believe on the weekend they made some variations to your predicted team with the number 9 being Jeremy Rath.Number 4 being a new boy Tahj smith arrived this year in year 10 and i believe Hugo Wilson played 7.Believed they played quite well for only being 16

Footylegend2

Frank Row (1)
Breaking News out of the Barker Camp

Number 10: Harrison Deane has suffered a season ending ACL injury, This is terrible news for barker as they have absolutely zero depth in the number 10 jersey. Big blow.

Hopefully they can recover from this and play well.

On another note any news on trinity

Footy out

Redtilldead24

Frank Row (1)
I believe on the weekend they made some variations to your predicted team with the number 9 being Jeremy Rath.Number 4 being a new boy Tahj smith arrived this year in year 10 and i believe Hugo Wilson played 7.Believed they played quite well for only being 16
Yes, this definitely wasn’t the team that played. There was another lad number 19 not sure if that’s one of the boys you listed.
My guess was that they rested some blokes and the team we see against joeys will be pretty close to the team they’ll look to go with for the remainder of the season.

Bob Randell footy

Frank Row (1)
I happen to know a hard yakka player with the last name of Bushbrady (future wallabies player, famous for his individual performance against trinity in 2023 for 16As Waverley). Any scouts should be looking out for him, He as been described as "that guy" and is known to destroy any person in his way. Definitely a big contender for CAS in my opinion. Also think trinity should have a strong season this year.

Bob Randell, OUT

I happen to know a hard yakka player with the last name of Bushbrady (future wallabies player, famous for his individual performance against trinity in 2023 for 16As Waverley). Any scouts should be looking out for him, He as been described as "that guy" and is known to destroy any person in his way. Definitely a big contender for CAS in my opinion. Also think trinity should have a strong season this year.

Bob Randell, OUT
Glazing is CRAZY

iloverugbyleague

Bob McCowan (2)
That is one way to look at it. I view the 2023 CAS season as a very competitive season, whilst there may have been some debatable calls, this is what schoolboy rugby is about! Furthermore, I disagree with your statement about talent, there are some very talented players in the CAS and some may play league in the off-season, but league wasn't prioritised during the winter season.

Yeah facts legend.

BellowTheSternum

Frank Row (1)
I'm keeping my eye on Barker this year, after having a struggle in backing up their greatest year yet in 2022 this year is supposed to be a step up from last years disappointing result for them. Having 1st XV veterans like Poynton who showed why he means business in last weeks trial against Darramellan will boost the moral and energy they bring week in week out.

Don't forget to keep your tackles bellow the sternum

Milly Maroje

Frank Nicholson (4)
Personally i don't think that we will ever go back to a ten round competition as there are some bummy schools like Trinity and Aloys who bring nothing but 50-0 defeats year after year. It will also heavily impact some of the extraordinary talent like the late great Ollie Aboud that need to play against GPS schools to make sure that he is holding himself to the highest standard.
Hey, aloys is not a bummy school, I am sure that they will prove everyone wrong this year.

UpnUnder

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yes. 3x 20 min periods of play. Lots of interchange of players by both sides. But any win against Joeys is plus.
Barker 10 and 15 are fantastic. Lots of cobwebs in the Joeys team - Looking forward to a handful on injured player for Joeys returning. To be fair, Joeys trialled a lot more players (the 2nds played the entire final 20 after completing full games prior). Barker depth is a concern, given the score line in the seconds.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
That's good for Barker. Beating Joeys is never bad. But bear in mind that Joeys treat trials as trials - they experiment a lot to sift through all their players. So the Joeys you beat in a trial in March may be nothing like the Joeys team that takes the field at crunch time in May.

gowavesboys

Frank Row (1)
Barker 10 and 15 are fantastic. Lots of cobwebs in the Joeys team - Looking forward to a handful on injured player for Joeys returning. To be fair, Joeys trialled a lot more players (the 2nds played the entire final 20 after completing full games prior). Barker depth is a concern, given the score line in the seconds.
joeys was never winning bro