• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Aloys should Be very strong again this year after being the surprise packet of last years comp and winning. I don't think they'll go Back to back again and suffer some losses to Barker and Knox but line up should be:

1. Jack Mcneil
2. ?
3. Dominic Maher
4. Tom Brown
5. John Macken
6. Angus Allen
7. Noah Perego
8. Angus Partington
9. Corey Griffin
10. Angus Macnamara
11. Matt Forster
12. Spencer Spalding
13. Hamish Spalding
14. Corey Grace
15. Charlie Weber

I would have thought Nick Powell will be the 9 given he is the incumbent and has grown a lot since last season.

John Ricks

Frank Row (1)
IMG_4750.JPG
James "the brick"Loughnan is massive for his position, 6'2 , 88 kgs, and has great pace, running the 100m at 11.1 . He will compete well against same rechner and is gunning for that inside centre position

BigBoppa123

Frank Row (1)
Speaking of St Aloysius positional rivalries, there is one rivalry that intrigues me very much:
Jeremy Wells vs Joe Orlando​
Each player has been working very hard in the off-season and there has been a lot of bickering throughout the year between the two. Just recently Jeremy Wells has taken the upper-hand, being selected for the aloys U16's New Zealand Tour​
Jeremy Wells- A fine young hooker who has really been putting in work over the summer. Last year he had a rough season being placed in the b's but is looking to bounce back. His skill is definitely recognised, as he has been selected for the CAS side in previous years. This man is legit a beast this year, and has been putting some serious gains in the gym this year.​
Joe Orlando- This man is a pocket rocket. He is quite a smaller player but boy does he pack a punch. This offseason he has focused less on muscle work, unlike previous years, but more on refining his hooker skill. I see him really paving the way this year. Furthermore, he is seen as quite a leader of the team and many boys are in awe of his leadership abilities. One to watch for sure​

Microwave

Bob McCowan (2)
St Aloysius’ College is a Catholic independent day school for boys from Year 3 to Year 12, situated in the shadow of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The College, which has an enrolment of almost 1200 students, is conducted by the Jesuit Order and is part of a worldwide network of 1000 Jesuit primary and secondary schools and universities. The first school was commenced by St Ignatius Loyola, the founder of the Order, in 1548.
The College aspires to assist and support parents in the formation of their sons in the Ignatian tradition of education producing “men for others” who are balanced and motivated, integrating spiritual maturity and academic excellence with a rounded social and physical development.
A Jesuit education stresses the acquisition of skills and techniques in a purposeful and balanced perspective. While emphasis is placed on the development of intellectual and mental skills, attention is also given to other aspects of personal formation, such as character, attitudes, values and social interaction.
The College aims to ensure that the characteristics of Jesuit education are effectively present in the teaching, policies and practices that determine the life of the College.
St Aloysius’ College was founded in 1879 at St Kilda House Woolloomooloo with a total of 45 pupils. In 1883 the College moved to Auburn Villa Darlinghurst and became known as St Aloysius’. In 1903, at the request of the Archbishop of Sydney, the College moved to its present site at Milsons Point. Today the College is spread over three campuses. The Junior School is situated in Burton Street. This campus was acquired and redeveloped by the College in 1992. The Middle School is located in Upper Pitt Street as is the Wyalla Senior College which opened in February 1997. The Sports Oval is at Willoughby.
The College is the oldest of the six schools which make up the Combined Associated Schools (CAS) of New South Wales and it is a member of the Association of Independent Schools (AIS) of Australia.

Barkermom123

Frank Row (1)
yes I'm aware of his injuries but he is set for a return in the upcoming weeks should he be picked ??

I must saying being a proud mum of 3 beautiful barker boys, I believe this is a very tough proposition whether to include Pollard or not he's a hard worker on the field and a deserving player for this honour but it is just a matter of how much this injury affects his left side game. Thoughts xx???

BigBoppa123

Frank Row (1)
I must saying being a proud mum of 3 beautiful barker boys, I believe this is a very tough proposition whether to include Pollard or not he's a hard worker on the field and a deserving player for this honour but it is just a matter of how much this injury affects his left side game. Thoughts xx???

WOW! great to have another perspective on the game. Are any of these boys looking to play competitive rugby. We could use another firs-person source

Barkermom123

Frank Row (1)
WOW! great to have another perspective on the game. Are any of these boys looking to play competitive rugby. We could use another firs-person source

Great to here "Big Boppa"??? Galloway seems to be an absolute star, I heard on the grapevine he has been running the 100m dash in under 11 seconds? With his imposing size Galloway will sure to be kept and eye on in the future.

BigBoppa123

Frank Row (1)
Im also liking the look of Jack O'Callaghan, a recent 'import' from the St Aloysius side. Originally from Melbourne, Jack moved to Sydney as a result of his thirst and hunger for the game. Jack may be a little bit scrawny and rough around the edges but boy does he pack a punch. I could see him playing loose-head prop (his favoured position), but he is a very versatile player as a result of his size and speed (think Michael Hooper). O'Callaghan could be a name we here for many years to come.

CAS Coach

Bob McCowan (2)
Good luck to Hayden Biet, who will be having his first official trial for rugby union. He has always been a league boy, but today will be making his name heard in the Barker community. All the Barker boys, better watch out for this 90+kg monster.

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good luck to Hayden Biet, who will be having his first official trial for rugby union. He has always been a league boy, but today will be making his name heard in the Barker community. All the Barker boys, better watch out for this 90+kg monster.

Well he did play at Stannies and looked great adapting to union.

IloveScrums

Frank Row (1)
Im also liking the look of Jack O'Callaghan, a recent 'import' from the St Aloysius side. Originally from Melbourne, Jack moved to Sydney as a result of his thirst and hunger for the game. Jack may be a little bit scrawny and rough around the edges but boy does he pack a punch. I could see him playing loose-head prop (his favoured position), but he is a very versatile player as a result of his size and speed (think Michael Hooper). O'Callaghan could be a name we here for many years to come.

I've never heard of this "O'Callaghan" boy. I have a number of people that i know at aloys but none of them have mentioned him. has he joined just recently? (past few weeks maybe?)

Ray Leathermann

Frank Row (1)
Aloys should Be very strong again this year after being the surprise packet of last years comp and winning. I don't think they'll go Back to back again and suffer some losses to Barker and Knox but line up should be:

1. Jack Mcneil
2. ?
3. Dominic Maher
4. Tom Brown
5. John Macken
6. Angus Allen
7. Noah Perego
8. Angus Partington
9. Corey Griffin
10. Angus Macnamara
11. Matt Forster
12. Spencer Spalding
13. Hamish Spalding
14. Corey Grace
15. Charlie Weber

Jeremy Wells looks to be a certainty for the No.2 Hooker spot this season. He was selected for CAS u11s and u12s in 2012 and 2013, but has fell out of favour with selectors since. However, he is keen to make a comeback with the St. Aloysius u16 A's in the 2017 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.