• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
1. Grobler (K)
2. Kennedy (K)
3. Haymen (C)
4. Cameron (B)
5. Wilson (B)
6. Molloy (W)
7. Pollard (B)
8. Partington (A)
9. Williams (B)
10. Pollack (A)
11. Galloway (B)
12. Spalding (A)
13. Rechner (K)
14. Biet (B)
15. Vass (B)

I think this side has a lot of talent and could easily/ if not beat GPS.
Thoughts??

Groblers not a prop if you want to beat GPS play players in the right positions as with Wilson at 2nd row you'd do better with Angus Allen or Will Kablau from alloys and Knox seeing he doesn't play second row and never has and what about Jaymesson leremia, he and Wilson both deserve to be in the squad like the look of the backline though galloway would do much better on the wing with more space to move around plus that combined 10-12 combo that worked so effectively for aloys last year also Kennedy will be challenged by Spalding for the hooker spot as well who was fairly dominant last year

Tight_Five

Frank Row (1)
I had the the pleasure of watching knox 16s train during the off season and although S Rechner was not training, his twin max seems to have taken up the centre roll quite well. The forward pack looks different without gratwicke or breden however there were a few 100+kg tight forwards running around that will hope to impose themselves this season.

IloveScrums

Frank Row (1)
Groblers not a prop if you want to beat GPS play players in the right positions as with Wilson at 2nd row you'd do better with Angus Allen or Will Kablau from alloys and Knox seeing he doesn't play second row and never has and what about Jaymesson leremia, he and Wilson both deserve to be in the squad like the look of the backline though galloway would do much better on the wing with more space to move around plus that combined 10-12 combo that worked so effectively for aloys last year also Kennedy will be challenged by Spalding for the hooker spot as well who was fairly dominant last year

Regarding Jaymesson, i have seen him play in previous years and he did not make as big of an impact as i was expecting but still he is an exceptional player and would do well in the cas side

CAS Coach

Bob McCowan (2)
I noticed that toward the start of the forum the CAS predicted 9 seemed to be Smith from Cranbrook but now Williams from Barker is who seems to be the predicted 9. May someone give a background on the two players and their past careers in rugby?

Williams has had experience with high level rugby union, by playing for the Junior Wallabies. He started playing for them as a 12 year old and has been compared to a young George Gregan. As for Smith, he has not been noticed throughout the CAS coaching panel but could still have a ripper season with Cranbrook, who are one of the favourites to take out the CAS title. Williams will be the one selected at the moment, for his ripper preseason and his experience in the big games.

cucumber69

Frank Row (1)
From what i have heard, Harry slade has moved from the gps to Aloys on a Scholrship. Hes is a perfect utility back with a combination of skills, power and incredible speed. He is a very agile player with a cracking step, definitely one to look out for, its hard to miss him with his enormous size!

Ray Leathermann

Frank Row (1)
From what i have heard, Harry slade has moved from the gps to Aloys on a Scholrship. Hes is a perfect utility back with a combination of skills, power and incredible speed. He is a very agile player with a cracking step, definitely one to look out for, its hard to miss him with his enormous size!

I have also heard of this "Slade" boy (known to his mates as 'Salad' because of his 'fresh' playing skills!!) and he seems to be shaping up as an impressive asset for St. Aloysius. I heard he played No.7 for Riverview 15A's, is that correct?

B

Backline_Move

Predicted end of year results:

1st: Knox
2nd: Cranbrook
3rd: Barker
4th: Alos
5th: Trinity
6th: any female netball u16's team
7th: Waverley- who are terrible

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Williams has had experience with high level rugby union, by playing for the Junior Wallabies. He started playing for them as a 12 year old and has been compared to a young George Gregan. As for Smith, he has not been noticed throughout the CAS coaching panel but could still have a ripper season with Cranbrook, who are one of the favourites to take out the CAS title. Williams will be the one selected at the moment, for his ripper preseason and his experience in the big games.

It seems to me that you have very high expectations on Charlie Williams. I saw him play against Stannies, and geez he look good. However, lets see what he is able to produce when the actual season matters. Is it true Charlie Williams is favoured to take the kicking duties off Hilton Ovenden?

footymate12

Frank Nicholson (4)
It seems to me that you have very high expectations on Charlie Williams. I saw him play against Stannies, and geez he look good. However, lets see what he is able to produce when the actual season matters. Is it true Charlie Williams is favoured to take the kicking duties off Hilton Ovenden?
I can confirm this is not true as Charlie Williams can not Goal kick

CAS Coach

Bob McCowan (2)
Is it true that Hayden Biet has started to train with the Opens, although he is still carrying a slight knee injury. There was no training for the 16s today but Hayden apparently turned up, keen as always, and decided to train with the Opens. Sources say that he didn't look any different out there. Had the same physique and skill level of the Barker 1st side. Could someone please confirm if this is true or not?

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is it true that Hayden Biet has started to train with the Opens, although he is still carrying a slight knee injury. There was no training for the 16s today but Hayden apparently turned up, keen as always, and decided to train with the Opens. Sources say that he didn't look any different out there. Had the same physique and skill level of the Barker 1st side. Could someone please confirm if this is true or not?

CAS Coach, I believe this is true. He was also matching their physicality when contact was applied. However, training was apparently shortened due to the severe thunderstorms that interrupted.

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
I Seriously think people need to look at Finn Spalding from Alloys as the starting Hooker, Hell be playing up in the 1sts this year in a good looking alloys outfit. Strong running game and spot on line out throwing plus he captained the alloys team last year so could be a good head to have around the paddock. He also played in the NSW under 15s last year as well as Gordon and Lindfield with Rechner and Gratwicke for consecutive years. Should be an insanely tight competition for starting hooker between him and kennedy

Microwave

Bob McCowan (2)

i believe that the kicking will be done by Spencer Spalding from Aloysius as he proved himself to be the best kicker last season pinging them from all over

Bob Sandwell

Frank Row (1)
Trinity had a decent showing at the sevens today with Jaymesson Leremia putting in a great performance. There were a few surprises out there including a 6'5 lock who was surprisingly quick and also a good performance from some of the other players.

CASfoooty

Frank Nicholson (4)
Cranbrook looked dangerous today beating every team with ease especially the much anticipated barker 38-5, I know they had players in the firsts. Smith was controlling the traffic extremely well with some clever kicks over the top and O'Reilly the new boy proved to be an exceptional addition to the team with some big tackles and tries. Knox had their team in Bathurst so a lower grade team participated. Waverley looked particularly sluggish with not much patterns of play. Aloys Spencer spalding played a terrific tournament carrying the teams load. Trinity were probably second best with a couple of big players like Lerimia just not enough fitness. A very impress showing by all teams

TheAnaconda

Frank Row (1)
Review of todays sevens in order of placing:
1) Cranbrook: Cranbrook were exceptional today strong running and Fast paced play put them a league above everyone else. As well as this Defence was superb barely missing a tackle . Great preview for the season ahead Really putting themselves up for the attention come selection for CAS spots. Notable Players: T. Smith was sound on defence, took great options on attack and skippered the team around the paddock well. As well as this O. Lamens and A. O' Reilly were exceptional in attack both putting on master classes in running hard and straight bowling over multiple tacklers at once.

2)Barker: Disappointed with the way the Cranbrook game went the barker boys really took it up a notch in the last games thrashing 'Knox' and putting Alloys to the sword. A team missing Pollard, Wilson, Cameron and galloway must have seemed easy beats but proved doubters wrong with some great attacking performances. Another stand up game for what will prove a cracker of a season for the boys in red. Notable Players: L. Vass put out a notice for his spot in the CAS team with some fantastic tries throughout the day really showing his attacking skill. Also H. Ovenden had some sound Games and B. Loyd had some oppurtunities to show. Missing the 'Legendary' Hayden Biett though

3) Trinity: Had some good games, Had some not so good games. Started well against but dropped off and had to suffer through some losses the rest of the day. Showed some exceptional attacking prowess at certain points and displayed what they're capable of playing when they get the opportunity to exploit the skill set they have in the team. Notable Players: Has to be J. Leremia Got the go forward ball when the team needed it and ran through everyone looking unstoppable the whole time. Also H.Layton looked impressive in space and S. Vuki distributed ball and got his players in space very neatly.

4) Aloys: Last years Premiers looked lost today after their first games getting thrashed at the end by Barker. Not much went for them lots of drop ball and loose defence. Some One out attacking kept them in the game most of the time but otherwise the team looked unfit and rusty bar a few of them. Notable Players: S. Spalding was strong in attack showing off his pace with a few full field masterpieces and his kicking ability is something to take note of for any challengers to the 12 position. Also C. Weber had some strong runs and was always backing in support while F. Spalding put some big hits on in defence and a few charges to the try line putting his stamp on the hooker spot.
-edit: does anyone know where pollack was today aloys missed him dearly?

5) Waverley: Waverley turned up with a big squad ready to put the hardship they suffered last year to rest with a big performance. It was not to be however, Maybe such a big squad was a poor idea when you consider the wide vary of skills each member has meaning an A grade Player caould find himself passing to a C grader. Waverley have the depth evidently they just need to really figure out how to use it. Notable Player: Alex Rice the Scots kid played well carrying the team for the most part and doing his due in defence well. Otherwise not much going for them.

6) Knox: ........ felt bad for them but the players played with heart and gave it they're all and hopefully playing higher opposition will help develop them into more mature players

Status
Not open for further replies.