• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Channel 9 Commentary Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I have been to a SOO dinner + half time + post function at Homebush, where Sailor was one of the pre game and post game speakers. He took questions, including several leading ones on Rugby. Each question he was pretty magnanimous on, and didn't bag rugby once and freely admitted he screwed up. I was fairly impressed as it would've been pretty easy to take a few cheap shots (like a lot of the audience wanted), like Rogers did.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Couldn't believe that article posted had Cannon as an option. He might think he's in line for a logie as OZ new comedic talent, and yes he does make the odd funny comment, but his monotone voice is unbearable.

Bray is okay and far more bearable than Clarkieeee, however I never watch Ch7 anymore because of the bufoons that surround Bray. Don't mind Marto or Kafe, can't stand Kearns, Cannon, or Paul. Wellborn isn't to bad though.

BTW were some really suggesting George Smith as an option for comments. The guy is a tremendous rugby player but he interviews terribly which IMO suggests without a considerable amount of time getting practice, he shouldn't be anywhere near the mic.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
Bray is turning into a real freelancer now. He has just recently been signed by ESPN to do the 6 nations. Could pop up at nine.

T

TheTruth

Bray is turning into a real freelancer now. He has just recently been signed by ESPN to do the 6 nations. Could pop up at nine.

Christ - Stilted Gordo for PM - drives me nuts with his unbiased opinions. At least as an Oz commentator he can show some real fairdinkum Aussie sledges against ANYONE else

MickeyDR

Bob McCowan (2)
I'd like to see Wendell "BigDell" Sailor up in the box as a main Rugby commentator. He’s call the league well and nine would be idots (...) to add another ex-Wallaby to the payroll when they have one with commentating experience and ability already.

Andrew Slake has to be the obvious Benaud of the Nine Rugby commentating team (hopefully!). Heaven forbid Nine simple throws to the other international broadcast and we’re stuck with Simon Lazenby and co every time we play a European nation

T

TOCC

couriermail reported that Tim Horan has signed up to some TV and Radio deals recently, i dont think ive heard much commentary from Tim Horan in the past

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Yep, Horan with Fox. Nick McArdle tweeted this last week

Having pre-season dinner with the rugby club team... Tim Horan on board. Can eat!!! The Rugby Club live from Melbourne Thurs 830pm

T

TOCC

Im generally a fan of what Jeremy Paul has to say, like his stance on bringing back rucking, but last year he really had a few moments when he was a absolute cock, like when he insinuated Robbie Deans should be sacked, yet when the other panelists disagreed, largely because there would be no suitable replacement, he acted like a immature brat and continued to reiterate the same point louder and louder.

Im all for a debate, but dont go cracking the sad's when you get pulled up on a flaw in your argument.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Jeremy Paul is so childish, I hope Fox have given him the boot.

That stupid smirk he does to the side while he laughs and then tries to sound serious and factual... pisses me off.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Im generally a fan of what Jeremy Paul has to say, like his stance on bringing back rucking, but last year he really had a few moments when he was an absolute cock, like when he insinuated Robbie Deans should be sacked, yet when the other panelists disagreed, largely because there would be no suitable replacement, he acted like a immature brat and continued to reiterate the same point louder and louder.

Im all for a debate, but doing go cracking the sad's when you get pulled up on a flaw in your argument.

I almost completely agree with you.

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
I absolutely hated JP as a result of his antics on the rugby club... Frier and Cannon were almost embarrased to be sitting next to him when he went on his rant about deans. It was so immature and had all the hallmarks of Giteua complaining to him in private that he didnt get on with Deans and then JP sticking the boot in on behalf of his mate on air. If my perception is reality then I am sure that Giteua would not have been happy. He carried on like a pissed idiot at a party who craps on with an argument when everyone around him is looking at the floor wating for the train to crash.

The bloke just comes across as a tosser who smirks and sniggers and everyone elses point like he is gods gift.

if he has been given the bullet by fox then that it great news

Tim Sheridan will surely get a gig on the nine telecast, he is their 2 or 3 IC behind the male model from mudgee and also played for the tahs so has imediate credibiliy in a league heavy stable

Status
Not open for further replies.