• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Reds, Rd 11, Sat May 6th, 5;35pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Genia was at 10 for most of the match and was terrible - a portent of things to come

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gel

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
C-9EWQEUIAA540f.jpg:large

Great to see Charlie Ngatai back!

Also, that is an outrageously strong side.

T

TOCC

St.George Queensland Reds side to play Chiefs
Saturday 6 May, 5:35pm AEST, Yarrow Stadium – New Plymouth, NZ

1. Sef Fa’agase – University of Queensland
2. Stephen Moore - University of Queensland
3. Sam Talakai – Brothers
4. Rob Simmons – Sunnybank
5. Lukhan Tui - Souths
6. Hendrik Tui – Norths
7. George Smith – Brothers
8. Scott Higginbotham – Wests
9. James Tuttle – GPS
10. Quade Cooper – Souths
11. Eto Nabuli – GPS
12. Samu Kerevi (C) – Souths
13. Campbell Magnay - GPS
14. Izaia Perese – Easts
15. Duncan Paia’aua – Norths

16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
17. Kirwan Sanday – Easts
18. Taniela Tupou - Brothers
19. Izack Rodda - Easts
20. Leroy Houston - Wests
21. Nick Frisby - GPS
22. Hamish Stewart – Bond University
23. Chris Kuridrani - GPS

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Campbell struggled defensively last time he started at outside centre against the Crusaders, still think he should have been sent back to club land to get some game time under his belt after been out the last 8 months

Somewhat agree. With what alternative though?

Taefu or Maranta?

Perese at 13?

Or Leafu?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
How much has DP played at 15? When was the last time Karevi played at second reciever?

Chiefs will run at that centre channel.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
DP played a handful of matches last year at fullback between club and NRC I think.

Kerevi was 13 for the Wallabies v England was he not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I have a feeling this team may struggle a tad to repeat 2011's Reds' success vs the Chiefs in NZ, the game where IIRC L Gill scored a debut try.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
That's actually one of the stronger squads we've put out in the last couple of seasons.

No real excuses for copping a hiding. They should be able to give a decent account of themselves.

Cpt Crow Eater

Chris McKivat (8)
Quite.

And btw: if you had time to look through the whole game tape, you'd see that the Reds' overall skills and penalty-avoiding composure were both superior to those now on display in 2017.

5 years ago - what have we built since, what's improved?

I think the Red are a perfect example for Oz rugby, that just as a great coach can take a team and lift them (Link, Jake White) a shit coach can tear down all the hard work done.....

T

TOCC

Somewhat agree. With what alternative though?

Taefu or Maranta?

Perese at 13?

Or Leafu?

It's hard when there's no real alternatives I suppose, it was more a case of wanting him to get more game time in Prems before player Super Rugby then thinking there is a better alternative.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
DP played a handful of matches last year at fullback between club and NRC I think.

Yes. That's 3rd receiver. ;-)

But you obviously were referring to the first 2 tests when he was at 12. Has he played there since then?

dru

Tim Horan (67)

OK DP has had non-Soup experience at 15. I'd have prefered to keep him to 12 and keep the changes at 15.

With K yes of cuase he's been playing at 13. We've got him at 12 here, or not? More to the point the centre defense looks dodgy.

Status
Not open for further replies.