• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Christmas: so what the fuck did you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Let's get down to business - so who got what?

Titles of bestest and shitest presents to be claimed

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Full HD Video camera and a new pushy.

Oh, not the ones I got for myself?

A book.

Can I claim both?

sevenpointdropgoal

Larry Dwyer (12)
Scotch, gin, red wine, cook books (I love cooking, and the Pet Shop Boys - I apologize for nothing!), shoes, new glasses (the drinking kind), and a new phone from the girlfriend.

I also have two 450g 100 day grain fed, dry aged rib eye steaks, obtained from Hudson Meats for the sum of one arm and one leg. And piles of beer. And puerco pibil. And a selection of good cheese. And chimichurri. And chilli and garlic prawns. And a larb. And, like Bruce, no-one to bother me.

Oh yeah! I have all the tastiness! Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves.

I may have already had a couple of beers. Hehe.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
The 3 family guy Star Wars parodies on DVD, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, some dollars and some new threads.

What can I say, I'm a child at heart and I think I lucked out.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I got a very nice espresso machine and grinder. Can't believe how good the coffee that comes out of it is.

Hoping for more lycra Gagger?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Once you have decent coffee at home you never go back Moses. We've never regretted getting our machine.
I'd always been a fan of the plunger, but this is a whole new world.

I got the Mrs a mountain bike, now I need to get a child seat for mine..

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I had my head surgically replaced by a beer in a G&GR stubby cooler. You pop the top, and it just drains down your throat. Very efficient. Hard to type though, due to the lack of eyes.

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-12-25 at 19.12.jpg
    Photo on 2010-12-25 at 19.12.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 203

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I had my head surgically replaced by a beer in a G&GR stubby cooler. You pop the top, and it just drains down your throat. Very efficient. Hard to type though, due to the lack of eyes.

When you're drinking all that beer you probably wouldn't be able to see all that well anyway, I'd count it as a win.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
also got a ticket (for 2) to Melbourne.

obviously I will try to tie it into a Rebels game.

obviously I expect to get overruled.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
also got a ticket (for 2) to Melbourne.

obviously I will try to tie it into a Rebels game.

obviously I expect to get overruled.
You could go for the first game of the season, meet up with the crew going down already and best of all you get to cheer for the mighty Tahs!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Best thing about today. An afternoon at the beach. Gotta love Sydney.

Back to Chez Jarse to a roast Turkey and a celebratory bottle of bollinger with La Jarse.

There are nephew and niece Jarses freezing their bollocks off in Europe at the moment. Poor buggers.
I thought of them as my bare feet were getting scorched by the footpath en route to the beach.

Best present received was a USB turntable to digitize my collection of vinyl records.

Worst was a bottle of Blended Scotch whiskey. ( warning serious Single Malt Snob, blended scotch is for donation to the school tombola raffle, or for the outlaws when they visit to keep them away from the Islay Single Malts)

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
So the pressie line up...

- An EKG watch for when I'm exercising. Will try that out on the bike tomorrow.
- A couple of books, which mostly look interesting (one is a Rockwiz Q&A book, a show I love to bits)
- Money to put towards my new camera
- Some Wolf Blass Grey Label cabernet

Not too bad. I told people not to buy too much, I've got most of the gadgets and other stuff that I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.