• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cipriani to Melbourne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
Well done Macqueen. And now the ARU should let him be loaned out to the Force once the Wasps finish the season. It would be a win win for everyone. But judging by reports on other threads this is not likely to happen.

C

chief

Fantastic news, and great work. Looking forward to how he will develop as a player with the best 3 nations in world rugby. He's right, if he plays over here for a few years, and returns, I can only think of positives for his playing.

W

weetam

Scorz

ALL BLACKS

Re: Cipriani to Melbourne?
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 05:08:12 am » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the big money is on him going to you guys.
How much you want to put on it? The player and the coach of the new franchise have denied it. MacQueen even said he's not what they're looking for.
The big money at this stage would have to be on him NOT going...

Where are you now then Scorz? Told you he was coming.

Phil Vickery next.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Nice one to get the ball rolling.

I very much doubt that Barnes or To'omua will go down there. They both want to be starting no. 10s. I hope they stay were they are.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Super 14.com are up to date with their news on Cipriani.....
London Wasps have confirmed that Danny Cipriani will leave the Club at the end of the 2009/10 season after agreeing terms with the Melbourne Rebels.

Cipriani has won seven England caps to date but has fallen out of favour with the England management and this move effectively rules him out of playing for England at the 2003 Rugby world cup.
:lmao:

http://www.super14.com/news/viewarticle.asp?id=24465

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
louie said:
Nice one to get the ball rolling.

I very much doubt that Barnes or To'omua will go down there. They both want to be starting no. 10s. I hope they stay were they are.

apparently Rod signed him to play fullback.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Noddy said:

Lealiifano at 10 and Cips at 15. Would be nice.

If you have an extra play-maker at 15 it frees up 12 for another big lump. It looks like Melbourne will be good fun to watch.

C

chief

I wouldn't be surprised if Toomoua returns to Brisbane, Quade could very well be behind bars, so we will need a fly half.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Noddy said:

If that's true, its a very astute move by the man.

Fullback isn't a position which we have a plethora of talent over here, so having Cipriani here won't significantly stunt the development of our Wallabies hopefuls. Further, it gives the Rebels a genuine backup for 10 (and 12, really) should they need it (*cough* force *cough*).

It also boosts the brand in the eyes of numerous other players worldwide, which makes more of them interested in coming to play in Melbourne.

I'm definitely in favour of the To'omua option for 10 although from the media rumor mill it seems more likely to be Barnes. Personally, I think To'omua has more potential, but it will be interesting to see which one ends up signing. I reckon they could get To'omua for a song if they offered him the starting 10 jumper, whereas Barnes will go where the money is.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Paris Tah said:
Well done Macqueen. And now the ARU should let him be loaned out to the Force once the Wasps finish the season. It would be a win win for everyone. But judging by reports on other threads this is not likely to happen.

God no. We don't want them breaking our only player as well.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
weetam said:
Scorz

ALL BLACKS

Re: Cipriani to Melbourne?
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 05:08:12 am » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the big money is on him going to you guys.
How much you want to put on it? The player and the coach of the new franchise have denied it. MacQueen even said he's not what they're looking for.
The big money at this stage would have to be on him NOT going...

Where are you now then Scorz? Told you he was coming.

Phil Vickery next.
Right here. I would have lost my money it turns out! Oh well, gotta be wrong sometimes huh.

As for him coming though, I wasn't there.

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Would hate to lose To'omua but his talent shouldn't be wasted on the bench. Lealiifano might want to head back to Victoria which would allow To'omua to grab a starting spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.