• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Club Players with potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Seems we are looking at Oliver Hoskins, with Manly, was in the Force Academy also.

Rebels need a THP who can play at Super level, not someone from the academy. Rodney Blake got schooled last week, as did Laurie Weeks, and you want to put an academy player into that situation? You need a 25+ year old prop from first grade, Sydney or Brisbane, who can scrummage well. Hard to find but you cannot realistically put a kid into that situation.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Rebels need a THP who can play at Super level, not someone from the academy. Rodney Blake got schooled last week, as did Laurie Weeks, and you want to put an academy player into that situation? You need a 25+ year old prop from first grade, Sydney or Brisbane, who can scrummage well. Hard to find but you cannot realistically put a kid into that situation.
They'd sit on the bench btw, with Rodzilla playing at TH.

And if Nucifora (& the ARU) weren't a bunch of wankers (big ask, I know), we'd be able to pick up a Kiwi THP in Arden David-Perrot.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
What about that other prop from WA who's a bit older. Is Cruze his name?

Is he not a TH?

Cruze Ah-Nau

He is a LHP and i think is over in Sydney playing for norths.
He played for the Rebel Rising against the Force a few weeks back not sure how he went though.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Seems we are looking at Oliver Hoskins, with Manly, was in the Force Academy also.
He still is at the force he had been training full time with them all year (no pay) very young only 19 or 20 i think very raw has a lot to learn but has some good potential.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Its unsustainable to train with no pay.
Reminds me of a big kid (19 or 20) I reffed in 1st grade Subbies a couple of years ago. Strong as an ox & raw. My wife had this solid marble dresser we had struggled to move a foot. When we moved house this kid was one of the removalists we employed and he picked in up one handed. Our jaws dropped.
He told me he'd given up rugby 'cause Saturdays were the biggest removal day.
Then I had this image of him & some similar types being paid removalist wages funded by the ARU being schooled by some crusty old prop....

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Someone know where James Ambrosini is playing?
He will officially play for Benetton Trevise next year and the objective is making him the new Italy fly half

jauzy19

Ward Prentice (10)
Fullback Shaun Foley and scrumhalf Dewet Roos have both signed for french club Narbonne.

Are they any good ?

A

Aloha77

Fullback Shaun Foley and scrumhalf Dewet Roos have both signed for french club Narbonne.

Are they any good ?
Shaun Foleys You tube highlights
on this link

Played Aust Schoolboys Rugby then 4 years at Roosters, played first grade 2nd year. Then Aust 7s,

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Are they any good ?

Dewet Roos played 9 for City in today's City vs Country game that was televised on the ABC. You may be able to see that match on ABC iview website.

He seemed to play a reasonable game.

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
Shaun Foley hasn't been playing this year and hasn't been a standout in past Shute shield seasons and Roos has been playing 2nd grade most of the season- interesting signings. Does that reflect the poor state of the French competition or how the Shute Shield is held in high regard in France?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
It's run by Bob Dwyer I think?

From what I've heard Bob Dwyer is a member of the organisation that owns the major portion of the club but doesn't own or run it directly. That being said I think the club like to put his face out front because he's highly regarded and they hope it'll rub off.

Justin Harrison is the Captain and the Coach, there is an informative interview on the ABC I think this is the link Aussie saviours for French rugby club
www.abc.net.au

I think he's just the forwards coach who gets roped into playing the occasional game. The French competitions are particularly long and gruelling and a coach/player is very handy.

I certainly don't think he's captain, maybe he was or maybe I'm just ill-informed.

Shaun Foley hasn't been playing this year and hasn't been a standout in past Shute shield seasons and Roos has been playing 2nd grade most of the season- interesting signings. Does that reflect the poor state of the French competition or how the Shute Shield is held in high regard in France?

I disagree I think he's been a standout in the shield pre-'the end of Super rugby season' (when the better players become available).

For a small club in France most of your locals come from your junior programs and it's rare to poach other club's locals unless you're a Top 14 big wig. The Shute Shield is a competition that the Australian part-owners are well aware of and you can pick up promising players for no more than an EPS player's cost. It's a lot safer than picking out of North America or somewhere else that the owners don't know much about, you'd be picking blind.

Also I believe a few of the owners have Randwick connections. Which helps explain it.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Someone know where James Ambrosini is playing?
He will officially play for Benetton Trevise next year and the objective is making him the new Italy fly half
Yeah I also heard this one a while back, good for him, taking opportunities as they come. I've watched him play twice for University this season, both times it was alot of good mixed with some average. Tries to overplay his hand a bit, but definatly got the talent there.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeah I also heard this one a while back, good for him, taking opportunities as they come. I've watched him play twice for University this season, both times it was alot of good mixed with some average. Tries to overplay his hand a bit, but definatly got the talent there.

There's no doubt in my mind that with Benvenutti and Venditi coming through that the missing piece in the Italian puzzle is their 5/8. I really hope this bloke will be the one.

GreenFrogg

Bob McCowan (2)
Hi.

So every year i come back, every year we got a new australian player in the team (for our pleasure).

This time our new player is Sandor Earl, winger from XIII Camberra Raiders. Could someone of you give some information about this player ?

Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.