• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Colts 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Snouts tell me that Uni played their weather postponed Colts games vs Easts tonight.

The NSW RU Shute shield draw page is not loading at the moment. I see that wicks are playing Easts at Coogee Oval on Anzac Day. Is this a full 1-4 and Colts 1-3 day, or will colts and lower grades be playing on Saturday. If the former then it will be a tough gig for the Beasts to back up from Uni on Tuesday to play Wicks on Thursday.

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
Snouts tell me that Uni played their weather postponed Colts games vs Easts tonight.

The NSW RU Shute shield draw page is not loading at the moment. I see that wicks are playing Easts at Coogee Oval on Anzac Day. Is this a full 1-4 and Colts 1-3 day, or will colts and lower grades be playing on Saturday. If the former then it will be a tough gig for the Beasts to back up from Uni on Tuesday to play Wicks on Thursday.

Uni played Easts tonight. 1sts Uni won 20-17, very lucky to win, 2nds 0-0 draw, Easts missed 3 kicks at goal in the 2nd half, one of them hitting the upright, 3rds Uni won 18-0.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Was it Easts playing well, or Uni poorly?

Easts will be happy with a 0-0 draw in the 2's given the talent usually available to the Students.

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
Was it Easts playing well, or Uni poorly?

Easts will be happy with a 0-0 draw in the 2's given the talent usually available to the Students.

Uni played poorly for the first 60 mins of the game, Easts weren't incredible, they were leading 17-8 with 20 mins to go. Pretty average game.

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
And to answer your other questions all Grade is playing on Thursday at Coogee, and Colts are playing on Saturday at Woollahra.

Elvis - Barrenjoey

Frank Row (1)
Uni won 1st Colts 19 - 17 last night. I thought the standard of the match was good. Easts were outstanding in defence throughout the game which caused poor execution by Uni in attack. Easts received three yellow cards during the match and the penalty count and possession was heavily in favour of Uni. Poor decisions by the ref allowed Uni back into the game in the last 15mins. In my opinion Easts deserved the win. Does anyone know if players have returned to Easts in the past week as they looked to be a different outfit to the team I watched against Norths. If Manly and Souths live up to the hype by a few on this forum would have us believe Uni will be defeated possibly a number of times this season. Easts look to be on the rise.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Uni won 1st Colts 19 - 17 last night. I thought the standard of the match was good. Easts were outstanding in defence throughout the game which caused poor execution by Uni in attack. Easts received three yellow cards during the match and the penalty count and possession was heavily in favour of Uni. Poor decisions by the ref allowed Uni back into the game in the last 15mins. In my opinion Easts deserved the win. Does anyone know if players have returned to Easts in the past week as they looked to be a different outfit to the team I watched against Norths. If Manly and Souths live up to the hype by a few on this forum would have us believe Uni will be defeated possibly a number of times this season. Easts look to be on the rise.
Maybe, but from what I've seen, (Souths in a trial, Uni and Manly) my current top 4 sides are 1. Manly, 2. Daylight, 3. Uni, 4. Anyone.

no9

Ted Fahey (11)
What?
For future reference you should know that 70 -3 is a flogging.whether it is against 10 players,or in perfect running Rugby conditions.
To suggest that that scoreline is only just acceptable for a team such as Manly, indicates you have a low opinion about the standard of the Parra boys.

Mr Watch,

Nice of you to butt in again. I see you still favour telling people how or what they are thinking with your pathetic line suggesting I have a low opinion of the Parramatta players. What I do have a low opinion of is of people like you who belittle the efforts of the 14 kids who stuck it out in difficult circumstances and were beaten soundly. They know what the score was and they don't need pricks like you telling them they were flogged and it wouldn't matter if there is only 10 players out there.

Manly on the day were worthy winners and generous hosts. It's a shame that one idiot can udermine such goodwill by making unsupported insinuations when clearly having no understanding of the rules. Nostradamus' claim of "Dodgy" action had taken place regarding a replacement in the third grade game. ILTW, with your outstanding knowledge of the game I'm sure you will be able to set a fellow Manly luddite straight in regards to rule 21.1 regarding contested scrums at this level. While your at it, you might explain to the moron who patrolled the far side of the field berating the referee for penalising the Manly scrum that U19 laws don't permit a push beyond 1.5 metres.

My comment regarding the Manly side was paying respect to the quality of players within it and they will win other games with similar scorelines, probably against teams of 15 men. All those Warringah juniors have settled in nicely and a Northern Beaches barbarian side may challenge Uni this year. By all means note my lack of graciousness to you opinion.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Have you run out of the blue pills?
Lie down and have a rest, this can't be good for your health.
Calling people that you disagree with "pricks,morons and idiots"does little to promote your argument,and is I believe, against the forum rules.
Calling this Manly side a Northern Beaches barbarian side is just plain churlish and small minded.
But at least you are consistent.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Have you run out of the blue pills?
Lie down and have a rest, this can't be good for your health.
Calling people that you disagree with "pricks,morons and idiots"does little to promote your argument,and is I believe, against the forum rules.
Calling this Manly side a Northern Beaches barbarian side is just plain churlish and small minded.
But at least you are consistent.

Guys take it to Private Message, shake hands and leave it on the field

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Guys take it to Private Message, shake hands and leave it on the field
Awww Dave. I'm sober as a judge and bored shitless on ANZAC Day due to a bloody telecon in 5. It was adding spice to a sombre day. Punch on in the carpark of the fishos hahahahaha sorry.

Nos Tradamus

Frank Nicholson (4)
No9 - as you clearly lack recall skills - here is what I wrote

" Parra played very well and made less errors. although perhaps someone can clear up their #8 who was subbed off then came back on due to someone being injured and him being the "only trained prop" and then packing the scrum at the back? seemed a touch dodgy."

as you can see - I've asked a question and was looking for clarification. I am very familiar with the laws of the game and understand there is only a 1.5m push. Nowhere did I accuse Parramatta of breaking any rules. It was a passing observation. To start calling names, throwing around accusations of a Barbarians side and having a dummy spit on the board not only makes you look like a horribly sore loser, but a knob as well.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
To start calling names, throwing around accusations of a Barbarians side and having a dummy spit on the board not only makes you look like a horribly sore loser, but a knob as well.
I do not want to imply that I find the present witty repartee between two of our members anything other than fascinating and a welcome distraction from what the heading suggests the thread should be about; but going forward I think it would be a good idea if we could codify a forum approach to these type of exchanges.

Would it be possible for us to reach general agreement that when these games of ping-pong abuse commence the player with the most recent post has ipso facto assumed the mantle of "the knob"?

Nos Tradamus

Frank Nicholson (4)
Bruce.

Yes most certainly. I agree with you. However, No9 decided to wield his sword first with a barrage of insults which became increasingly personal. Since you floated the ipso facto mantle of the "knob" after I wrote it - I refuse to wear that moniker this time.

Next time gladly ;)

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
Uni beat Warringah 84-5 in 1st colts, 80-10 in 2nd colts and 43-0 in 3rd colts.

Other scores I heard were that Gordon beat Norths 26-22, and Eastwood beat Manly 25-24 in 1st Colts

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Easts v wicks at woollahra this afternoon. Second grade Easts hammered the wicks 57 -7 . Easts 15 very fast and quite small and very elusive. WIcks looked like they were asleep.
First grade Easts beaten 36 - 12. Easts spent much of the first half on attack in the wicks half but wicks scored each time they got into easts section. Half time 15 -5 to wicks. Wicks looked good and got the bounce of the ball most of the time.for wicks a Special mention to the winger 14 and also the ten who were very good in a team that was good across the park. Easts looked better when they held the ball but put in some aimless kicks to give the wicks running room.
A very good game to watch from the sideline.

Status
Not open for further replies.