• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Colts 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
As per the Updated NSW Rugby website please note that the Penrith Colts have negotiated with Manly to give up there home game this week vs Manly in preference for another bus trip for the true believers.

Embracing the club building philosophy that "culture is key" .. Penrith will travel to Kierle Park to play early games against Manly Colts at 11.30am & 1pm before both teams then adjourn for refreshments & to attend the first grade fixture at Manly Oval commencing at 3pm.

Lovers of fine music should be rest assured that the Penrith colts "amateur Choir & karoke club" which was in full voice during last weeks fixture vs Randwick will be in attendance to "bring the love" ... so to speak.

That great news

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Colts 2013TonyMelrose.jpg

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Another big weekend in 1st Colts. Uni play Southern and Randwick and Norths take on each other. With Manly taking on Penrith there could be some big changes in the order of the top 5 teams

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Wicks seem to be struggling against some of the better teams which may be due to the disruption of losing some of their better players to grade from time to time. Good for the individual but not so good for the team.
They need to win this one!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 16
Colts 1 results
Warringah 21 West Harbour 55
Penrith 20 Manly 76
Northern Suburbs 56 Randwick 12]
Southern Districts 27 Sydney University 43
Eastwood 48 Gordon 22

Easts v Parra (no results yet)

One more round to go before Finals Series starts.
Ladder:
1. Uni
2. MMM
3. North
4. Wicks
5. Woodies
6. Hobbits
7. Mighty 2 Blues
8. Rats
9. Pirates
10. Gay Gordons
11. Beasties
12. Penruff

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
Tough couple of weeks for the Jnr Rats. Round15 vs Manly. The Rats, with their strongest team for a several weeks, there was hope (mine), that with home Ad. etc the boys could reduce the gap from the 1st round score. Strangely the game ended with exactly the same score, 52-10. The more things change the more they stay the same!!
Last Sat, Rnd 16 vs West Harbour, after a win in the 1st rnd although with some changes to the team, but at home, Rats were looking for another win. Not to be, although I couldn't make it to the game, the small amount of news I did get back was that it was a pretty good close game, except for the last 10mins, where WH ran in nearly half their points (happy to be corrected)
A good news story that I did get (I'll give myself up here H.J.) was that the Warringah M.ot M. had never played in the forwards, but spent the 2nd 1/2 as a flanker, all reports are that he loved it.
Welcome to the Piggies!!

staedler

Frank Nicholson (4)
Tough couple of weeks for the Jnr Rats. Round15 vs Manly. The Rats, with their strongest team for a several weeks, there was hope (mine), that with home Ad. etc the boys could reduce the gap from the 1st round score. Strangely the game ended with exactly the same score, 52-10. The more things change the more they stay the same!!
Last Sat, Rnd 16 vs West Harbour, after a win in the 1st rnd although with some changes to the team, but at home, Rats were looking for another win. Not to be, although I couldn't make it to the game, the small amount of news I did get back was that it was a pretty good close game, except for the last 10mins, where WH ran in nearly half their points (happy to be corrected)
A good news story that I did get (I'll give myself up here H.J.) was that the Warringah M.ot M. had never played in the forwards, but spent the 2nd 1/2 as a flanker, all reports are that he loved it.
Welcome to the Piggies!!

I think Wests were always on top, leading 24-0 at oranges. It is now a race between Rats and the Pirates to get the final spot in the 8. Wests should beat Penrith, and the Rats need to beat Parramatta therefore to lock up that last position. Anything short of a win for the Rats will see Wests take it.

Sydney Rugby tragic

Peter Burge (5)
Welcome to the Piggies!!
Hi stroke side
Don't know where u got your info from but the match
was never close straight from the first kick it was all
wests the rats were never in the game.

Franky

Peter Burge (5)
Your son is a great player Side Stroke but only at winger. I'm afraid a lot to learn before he is as good in the piggies. Let's hope that the players coming back into 1st grade can help the Junior Rats rebound into the winners circle this weekend?o_O

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Thanks,
Must have been a high scoring 2nd 1/2 to end up 21-55!
You don't get much detail from a hungover son!

Nor from one who rocks up home to the mansion as the sun is rising.

Then you still have to cart them around everywhere, just like the good old days, because they are still over the limit to drive until about 10pm the next night.

FFS they are supposed to get their licence so that Mum and Dad can finally get on the sauce and not have to pay for a taxi to get them home.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I'm with you there, big bum, and a cab fare back to the beautiful Blue Mountains isn't insignificant. My young bloke has a coupla couches closer to the lowlands action spots he uses for dossing, thank goodness. Being a polite, good-looking young fella (must take after his Dad:rolleyes:) he's even got a few Mums who've told him he's welcome at their places. They never gave me that invitation in their younger days. :(

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
Hi stroke side
Don't know where u got your info from but the match
was never close straight from the first kick it was all
wests the rats were never in the game.

Misinterpreted, incoherent ramblings through a Sunday PM sleep!!
But good to hear yard-glasses still have a place in Rugbydom!

strokeside

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'm with you there, big bum, and a cab fare back to the beautiful Blue Mountains isn't insignificant. My young bloke has a coupla couches closer to the lowlands action spots he uses for dossing, thank goodness. Being a polite, good-looking young fella (must take after his Dad:rolleyes:) he's even got a few Mums who've told him he's welcome at their places. They never gave me that invitation in their younger days. :(

Ahh, Rugby mums, a cut above soccer mums.

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Ahhhh rugby mums ---- sighhh!!

Some big match ups this week. Expecting souths to take down wicks this week, unless wicks see fit to have their colts graders back down to bolster.
Wicks seem to have lost their way in the last few weeks.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Ahhhh rugby mums ---- sighhh!!

Some big match ups this week. Expecting souths to take down wicks this week, unless wicks see fit to have their colts graders back down to bolster.
Wicks seem to have lost their way in the last few weeks.
Great game today Sid!!!
Hit of the year by Duck on Souths 8. It was felt by everyone in a 10 k radius. And the gilfoyle lad with a double smashed thehearts of the hackers lads. From the onset Souths pack were bigger and set a couple of very well constructed rolling mauls, but just as they get on top, something happens. When you lead 29-14 with less than half an hour to go things should go to your plan, not theirs. Not to be. Score ended up being 43-34 with the souths bench tearing their hair out . Good guts by the wicks boys though with crucial hits by Duck Cockinos, Seamus Frost and Rowan snuffed out some great raids by souths. Communication from Souths seemed haphazard at best between the 9 and his forwards who had done a great job. Hemopo, Orr and Brandon two dads were strong. Both teams with their full compliment would have not made much difference. Just the Wicks knew they could get there. Good afternoon of footy

Doofus

Peter Burge (5)
Great game today Sid!!!
Hit of the year by Duck on Souths 8. It was felt by everyone in a 10 k radius. And the gilfoyle lad with a double smashed thehearts of the hackers lads. From the onset Souths pack were bigger and set a couple of very well constructed rolling mauls, but just as they get on top, something happens. When you lead 29-14 with less than half an hour to go things should go to your plan, not theirs. Not to be. Score ended up being 43-34 with the souths bench tearing their hair out . Good guts by the wicks boys though with crucial hits by Duck Cockinos, Seamus Frost and Rowan snuffed out some great raids by souths. Communication from Souths seemed haphazard at best between the 9 and his forwards who had done a great job. Hemopo, Orr and Brandon two dads were strong. Both teams with their full compliment would have not made much difference. Just the Wicks knew they could get there. Good afternoon of footy

For the record - SD were at least five regular players down (two Under 20 squad players - injured), resting Aussie School boy rep (also injured) and at least two other regular colts team with extended injuries.

However I don't think their attendance would have mattered - SD's weakness is their backline and a couple of brain explosions from very adventurous play backfired - that Randwick grabbed with both hands and made 14 points out of them. Randwick played the full 90 credit to them. Credit to the "young" - SD forward pack - it is not unreasonable expect 5 or 6 to be nominated for the NSW under 19s team later this year.

Another best hit of the day was the ex Trinity prop going through the gate and taking out the ex Cranbrook player - to the disdain of the vocal ex Newington player in the crowd who in turn wet his pants when remonstrated by a player's mother. As Mastercard would say - Priceless!

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
For the record - SD were at least five regular players down (two Under 20 squad players - injured), resting Aussie School boy rep (also injured) and at least two other regular colts team with extended injuries.

However I don't think their attendance would have mattered - SD's weakness is their backline and a couple of brain explosions from very adventurous play backfired - that Randwick grabbed with both hands and made 14 points out of them. Randwick played the full 90 credit to them. Credit to the "young" - SD forward pack - it is not unreasonable expect 5 or 6 to be nominated for the NSW under 19s team later this year.

Another best hit of the day was the ex Trinity prop going through the gate and taking out the ex Cranbrook player - to the disdain of the vocal ex Newington player in the crowd who in turn wet his pants when remonstrated by a player's mother. As Mastercard would say - Priceless!
Ahhh - rugby mums!! They can have the biggest ugliest brutes terrified!

Surprised by the scoreline between Wicks and Souths.
Who gets who next week? And on what days.

Doofus

Peter Burge (5)
Ahhh - rugby mums!! They can have the biggest ugliest brutes terrified!

Surprised by the scoreline between Wicks and Souths.
Who gets who next week? And on what days.

Next Round: Finals - Week 1 - starting - 17/08/2013

Home Team v Away Team Location Time
Qualifying Final A: (Ladder Pos 1 v. Ladder Pos 4)

[Sydney University] v [Randwick] Forshaw Rugby Park SAT/3:00PM
Qualifying Final B: (Ladder Pos 5 v. Ladder Pos 8)

[Eastwood] v [Warringah] Forshaw Rugby Park SUN/3:00PM

Qualifying Final C: (Ladder Pos 6 v. Ladder Pos 7)

[Parramatta] v [Southern Districts] Forshaw Rugby Park SUN/1:00PM

Qualifying Final D: (Ladder Pos 2 v. Ladder Pos 3)

[Manly] v [Northern Suburbs] Forshaw Rugby Park SAT/1:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom