• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Commonwealth Games Rugby 7s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I will too if they are going to show it but they probably won't cut to it if Sally Pearson wins gold and they continue to film all the shenanigans that goes on with that after the race.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
South Africa had a decent start against Wales, their playmaker Africa was great.

And now the Kiwi's are decimating Scotland.

S

skullring

I'm still up. Are they going to show this shit or what? I would have thought it's a bigger deal than the 3km steeplechase at least. I hope channel 9 is better with their rugby than these channel ten pretenders have been.
What's this doubles women ping pong rubbish when there's Rugby to be had!
What about the coverage stuffing up when Hooker was having his vault!

I certainly don't want to see 1500m track heats either, fuck you channel ten. Fuck you my housemates for not wanting to contribute to foxtel.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Darkness and Saffers looking good, albeit against average opponents.
Interesting results in the other pools of the draw with Eng vs Samoa, and Aus vs Kenya.

Eng may have done us a favour in the Eng V Aus game, given that Kenya upset Samoa.

Aus attack was OK but defence looking a bit suspect under pressure.

Early days yet as todays games were just about qualifying. Can not afford to relax for one moment in tomorrow's games.

Not so sure that Nigel S-Smith was accurate in his assessment (see previous posts) and prediction of Gold for the Men in Gold.

What about the Aussie playing strip. I reckon we looked like bloody soccer players.

And speaking of playing strips, some really interesting outfits for Rugby Future to collect. Lover the look of Uganda.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Channel 10 have just told me that Aust v Eng Rugby 7's will be on after the Pole vault, Mens 1500m and mens 10000m race. Could be any time.
Then Lawn bowls to follow the Rugby 7's.

Some great games among the minnows. Unlikely to have these on FTA channels.

If you do not have Foxtel, would recommend Gaggerlanders find a mate with Foxtel tomorrow night, or head for the nearest licenced venue where you may have some chance of influencing the channel selection. Foxtel Sports Delhi 5 channel is the one you are after.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I just watched the last couple of minutes and the reffing is pretty average... although I don't usually watch 7's so I'm not sure how relaxed the laws usually are?

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
We are up against Kenya in 1/4 final after they upset Samoa.

Best outcome for us I think. Boys look a bit vulnerable in defence.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just heard a news item about Damon Kelly's winning the super heavyweight weightlifting gold medal at the Games...'a former rugby union player'....

Anyone know what he was like back then?

Status
Not open for further replies.