• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cooper boxing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Not singling you out hawktrain but this is a sentiment that gets tossed around quite a bit that I find amusing. I would wager that the majority of people that comment on how much of a farce boxing is have never stepped into a ring, even to spar, let alone go a few rounds in an even a semi organised capacity. Yet they make comments like yours. It's as if they could hit their opponent at will, whenever the fancy took them. Like it's that easy.

It's not as easy as it looks. To get a clean hit on your opponent in a boxing ring is a very difficult thing to do. To get a clean hit on them with sufficient force to damage them is even harder.

Again, not aimed at you hawktrain, but anyone who think's they'd go all right should give it a go - it's pretty good fun! If you do, if you actually get both your feet in the ring, you'll feel pretty ballsy. But remember how much balls that took, and realise that the guy standing in the other corner has just as big but probably bigger balls, and they remember that you have to try and knock him down and at the same time, stop him from doing the same to you. Ding-ding - round 1. :D

The first time you step into a ring for an actual fight, not just a spar is a complete adrenaline rush as well, its one of the steepest learning curves you can experience...

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
You have this from a reputable source or is it just more speculation based on a personal dislike? And it's not Nasser jumping into the ring & giving his monies to charity. Anybody who does anything for charity should be lauded, not sneered at.
Depends on the way in which it's done IMO.

If, as is the case here, the event makes a one-off donation then takes everything on top of that it's a bit shit. It's a good way to get extra publicity without really affecting the bottom line, just like the Mt Franklin pink water lids and their breast cancer donations.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah it is a bit shit, but at the end of the day the fact that Nasser is promoting a "charity" fight doesn't raise my opinion of him by a 1000th of a percent. I am pleased though, with the idea of a charity benefiting from this.

I would never laud praise on Nasser regardless of what he does, but I am comfortable with the notion that SBW & QC (Quade Cooper) are doing this for charity if they say they are.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Not singling you out hawktrain but this is a sentiment that gets tossed around quite a bit that I find amusing. I would wager that the majority of people that comment on how much of a farce boxing is have never stepped into a ring, even to spar, let alone go a few rounds in an even a semi organised capacity. Yet they make comments like yours. It's as if they could hit their opponent at will, whenever the fancy took them. Like it's that easy.

It's not as easy as it looks. To get a clean hit on your opponent in a boxing ring is a very difficult thing to do. To get a clean hit on them with sufficient force to damage them is even harder.

Again, not aimed at you hawktrain, but anyone who think's they'd go all right should give it a go - it's pretty good fun! If you do, if you actually get both your feet in the ring, you'll feel pretty ballsy. But remember how much balls that took, and realise that the guy standing in the other corner has just as big but probably bigger balls, and they remember that you have to try and knock him down and at the same time, stop him from doing the same to you. Ding-ding - round 1. :D
Scoey, all of what you say only makes sense if the protagonists are evenly matched.
Look at the photos that Fatprop posted.
It is a physical mismatch, that's why people are calling it a farce.
FFS the guy should have had his last fight at least 15 years ago.
He should not be allowed to have a professional fight when he is clearly 20 odd kilos overweight.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
You have this from a reputable source or is it just more speculation based on a personal dislike? And it's not Nasser jumping into the ring & giving his monies to charity. Anybody who does anything for charity should be lauded, not sneered at.
Your constant plea that no one knows the real QC (Quade Cooper) or the real Nasser is just tiresome.
We get the point that you think he is being judged on something other than his real character.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
^ Gotta keep kicking against the pricks mate.

I get that some people have preconceived ideas, I find them tiresome. doesn't stop them spouting does it?

I also couldn't give a toss about any player manager. I think they're all scum riding on the coattails and should get a real job or talent.

Do you have an opinion on the charity angle or did you completely miss the thrust of my argument?

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
Surely SBW is embarrased of the shots of him vs the fat not so in their prime blokes on page one. Can't believe A Current Affair hasn't called him out for being a bully.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Surely SBW is embarrased of the shots of him vs the fat not so in their prime blokes on page one. Can't believe A Current Affair hasn't called him out for being a bully.

Who do you expect for him to turn out against? SBW isn't in the top 50, and when he fights someone around his ranking, that's usually exactly how heavyweight boxers outside of the top 50 look.

On a side note, here's the next round of Fight For Life bouts for this weekend (notice there's no stink up about the All Blacks or the Leaguies doing exactly what Quade is):

Jarrod McCracken v Carlos Spencer
Manu Vatuvei v Eric Murray (Olympic rower)
Greg Bird v Rene Ranger
Lauryn Eagle v Daniella Smith
Paul Gallen v Hika Elliot
Willie Mason v Troy Flavell
Joseph Parker v Richard Tutaki

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
At this rate this thread will be the shortest QC (Quade Cooper) thread in the western world.
What really pisses me off is that if this discussion had been kept in the QC (Quade Cooper) telling it like it is thread, where it could have happily co existed, that thread would not be In as great a danger of missing my predicted 150 by yeas end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Scoey, all of what you say only makes sense if the protagonists are evenly matched.

My post was about mugs who have never once stepped foot in the ring, saying they would be able to give someone like QC (Quade Cooper) a touch up if they felt like it. When in reality most would never make it into the ring. Easy to say, hard to do.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Hahaha, fair call BPC, the scum bit and last sentence were worded more strongly than I really feel about them and was a bit over the top....still don't care for them. One of those necessary evils of life.

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
Eric Murray has balls of steel for taking on Manu Vatuvei. Eric Murray is a physiological freak, he'll have the reach advantage, and he's been sparring with Liam Messam. But good God, Manu Vatuvei!

Status
Not open for further replies.