• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket Summer 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
There's a Fairfax article today worth a read about how Cummins worked through his injury with Lillee to remodel his action. Lillee seems to be a very gifted coach and mentor the way he's now assisted Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, and now Pat Cummins.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
So coming up to the third test and it looks likely that both Marsh brothers will play. Who would have picked that at the start of the season. Does Geoff (Dad) have something over the selectors or what? Shaun to his credit has performed well I just hope he continues.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
So coming up to the third test and it looks likely that both Marsh brothers will play. Who would have picked that at the start of the season. Does Geoff (Dad) have something over the selectors or what? Shaun to his credit has performed well I just hope he continues.

It appears to be 8th times a charm so far for Shaun. We'll see if that continues. I'm dubious but if he finally pushes on I'll happily acknowledge my folly. But... Sometimes I often wonder how much influence old man Marsh has in the game and particularly the selection panel. Neither of his sons have really done much when given the opportunity to be while others seem to have to perform time and time again to justify even being considered for selection both seem to just be floating about.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Handscombe dropped for Mitchell Marsh. Marsh is just such an uninspiring selection no matter how much Slats and co. go on about him being "as strong as an Ox."

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
If he fails in Perth on the flat lifeless wicket that's predicted he should never play again.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
It appears to be 8th times a charm so far for Shaun. We'll see if that continues. I'm dubious but if he finally pushes on I'll happily acknowledge my folly. But. Sometimes I often wonder how much influence old man Marsh has in the game and particularly the selection panel. Neither of his sons have really done much when given the opportunity to be while others seem to have to perform time and time again to justify even being considered for selection both seem to just be floating about.
You do know it's not his dad on the selection board

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
WTF is it with Steve Smith's captaincy? Hazelwood put in two of the most venomous overs seen in a long while against Stoneman and really had him on the ropes. So, let's then change bowlers and take Josh out of the attack. He really does make quite a few blunders in his decision making.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Mitch's next challenge will be to show he can do it again at another venue. Won't get another chance at the WACA after this test is over.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Wow what an innings from the Bison™, certainly proved me wrong. Bit of a highway but those front foot drives early were beautiful to watch. Smith didn't get his maiden test 100 till his 24th test so maybe Marsh really is Kallis 2.0?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Steve Waugh took a long time to get his first Test 100. Although he was obviously identified as a long term selection from early on, whereas these days there seems to be a lower threshold for chopping and changing from match to match and so on, maybe less patience to let some players grow into the mindset of Test cricket. As with most of these guys, the raw ability is not the issue, it's the mental grit. He (Marsh) can certainly make a ball stay hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.