• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket Summer 2023-24

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Aus men touring NZ for the first time since 2016:

First T20, Sky Stadium, Wellington, February 21

Second T20, Eden Park, Auckland, February 23

Third T20, Eden Park, Auckland, February 25

First test, Basin Reserve, Wellington, February 29 to March 4

Second test, Hagley Oval, Christchurch, March 8-24

Would rather three Tests but two's better than none. Also 2 x T20 at the same venue two days apart is just stupid, one of them should be at Bay Oval or Seddon Park.

Edit: instead of which BO & SP get the SA Tests.

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
The NZ tours are nice viewing time wise in Aus if I can make sure I'm at home.

Gotta be 3 Tests but it is what it is. Good chance for guys to perform in the Big Bash and get a call up for those T20s. Not sure how many current Aussie players will be seen in the BBL with the Ashes just finished. ODI WC in October-November then home Tests. Can imagine some might want a break before going to NZ.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
F943AC8F-A701-4CA8-BC58-955ADE656DC5.jpeg

I like the squad. Plenty of hitting through the order with guys like Hardie coming in. Inglis may be a chance to play as a Batter as well through the SA series.

amazingadelaide

Bob McCowan (2)
View attachment 17174
I like the squad. Plenty of hitting through the order with guys like Hardie coming in. Inglis may be a chance to play as a Batter as well through the SA series.

Curious to see how they balance the team. There are a lot of guys who could easily make the starting 11 I hope they experiment a bit in the SA series and don't just go with the same one-dimensional team as usual.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah very strange and disappointing. Hard to know how many of these guys are even Aus A standard when the T20 debuted guys like Sangha, Hardie etc that would deserve to be in this side if no conflicting series.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
When I was following the first couple of days, I thought that it would be a good match. Was not expecting the NZ fight back in the 2nd innings though - that was almost the cricket version of an against the run of play length of the field try.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That was a spanking of the Saffers last night. Good to see a new look line up doing the job.

Also, that Aus A v NZ A game was an eye opener. What the hell happened in the second dig?

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
That was a spanking of the Saffers last night. Good to see a new look line up doing the job.

Also, that Aus A v NZ A game was an eye opener. What the hell happened in the second dig?
Kiwi bastmen definitely found their spine and dug in. Or the Aus A bowlers faded a bit in the third day.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Loving this Mitch Marsh mature era of career.

Not saying he wasn’t but just the later stage confidence in game like Khawaja.

South Africa look mediocre at best right now.
Yep, I can't see RSA or West Indies ever reaching the heights that they once did again. Proteas hardly even play test cricket any more.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Sad really. Besides the Springboks RSA don’t do anything at an elite level anymore. Springboks will only remain relevant as the players can live/play overseas.