• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket Summer of 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Very happy with that series win. Proteas are never easy and I don't think we played our best side in any of those matches. They could argue the same, but realistically only bloke who may have made a difference would have been Duminy.

Aus cricket is starting to figure out how to use their depth effectively across the three different formats. It's exciting.

Praying that Hazlewood can do similar things with the red ball. Must admit, I'm looking forward to the second test more than the Gabba. Once selectors have a chance to bring in a few new players and weed out the blokes not in form. IMO we have got to use this series to find long/medium term replacements for Clarke, Rogers, and obviously, Haddin.

Ferguson, Hughes, Whiteman, Boyce, Cummins, and Burns are the one's I'd like to see.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Oh, and I hope we get a 5-0 whitewash and Johnson breaks Dhoni's arm.

We can do without this crap thanks FP (mod mode)

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Some pretty scary news coming out of the SCG with Phil Hughes being rushed to hospital in a critical condition after a bouncer strike to the head.

Sounds pretty bad. Collapsed, received CPR on the boundary before being driven to hospital. Crowd ushered away by police.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Foxsports is now saying that he got hit on the chest and suffered a heart attack.

Obviously details are really sketchy at this stage. There have already been several things contradicted by later events (such as being airlifted to hospital. The helicopter arrived but he went via regular ambulance).

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Ahh thanks BH.

I'm not a physician but I assume a heart attack in the presence of top level medical staff is better news than a brain haemorrhage.

I hope he pulls through.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
That really is sad news. I hope the poor bloke's condition improves.

Let's just hope and pray the news gets better.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Swelling of the brain induced by concussion perhaps. Partly the ball, and partly when he fell down and hit the pitch.

The photo that foxsports posted looked like it might have even struck him around the carotid.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
"Three ambulances eventually arrived, the first about 2.50pm, while a medivac helicopter also landed in the middle of the SCG. Efforts to get Hughes breathing again appeared to be successful, and it was eventually decided to take him to hospital by ambulance, which left the ground about 3.05pm en route for St Vincent's Hospital. "

"A Cricket NSW spokesman said an update on Hughes' condition would be provided as soon as possible. "Phil Hughes has been taken to St Vincent's hospital and clearly the priority is Phil's health," he said. "We want to keep his family fully informed."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/802977.html

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Tongue in cheek comment regarding Dhoni in my earlier post. Apologies FP, I think the bloke is a sensational cricketer, one of my current favourites and a serious threat in the upcoming world cup.

Really hope Phil is okay, feel for everyone involved.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sad news, hope he make a full recovery. The bowler must feel even badder. Cant believe this happen in the modern game. Must be a freak accident.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reports around Phil are pretty dire.

Every chance the test next week will be cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.