• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^ something something monkeys something typewriters something something Shakespeare.

30 minutes to get that Lawn done @Waiopehu OB.

Done. Edges got done last week & can wait until tomorrow if I can be arsed or next week if I can't.

@cyclo you'll be pleased to know I roll-called my toes & all 11 (the big ones are like thumbs & don't count, right?) answered "yeah, we still here" or some variant thereof. Always a bonus, that.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Done. Edges got done last week & can wait until tomorrow if I can be arsed or next week if I can't.

@cyclo you'll be pleased to know I roll-called my toes & all 11 (the big ones are like thumbs & don't count, right?) answered "yeah, we still here" or some variant thereof. Always a bonus, that.
Problem is when you don't have enough fingers to count your toes.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ah sheet, Elliott gets a golden duck & Anderson comes out to face the hat-trick ball..... survives it, thank you Jesus, thank you Lord.

WTF is going on out there? Pitch doesn't look to be doing that much & it's not exactly swinging like crazy either. Good line & length, nothing more & the batsmen just don't seem to know how to deal with it........

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ most of your blokes are either out there fielding or running water bottles, aren't they?

@cyclo, I'm at least 1 chainsaw mishap away from being in that predicament............

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Required run rate = 1.8 with 6 wickets in hand.

NZL have this game in the bag but some virus seems to have hit all NZers phones because inbound text traffic has stopped. - Maybe the eye of the storm?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Great captaincy from Clarke, replaces his most effective bowler with his least & suddenly Anderson looks like a proper batsman.............

NZ need 44 from 35, could be a tight finish..... oh, hang on, that's 35 OVERS. My bad, carry on........

Just realised they've changed the orientation of the pitch from East-West to North-South, shoulda done it years ago & kinda wondering why they didn't.

Bean counters will have cancelled the lights, one assumes, big saving there (& will keep the local Bitching Residents Association happy too, I mean, really, fancy buying into a street 500m from NZ's biggest sports stadium & having to put up with all the people & associated Tom-foolery, almost as bad as the last place we bought that was right under the main flight path for Auckland Int'l, the noise was just so, so unreasonable).

OK, we got this. Time for a quick shower & quicker run to BWS to restock then back in time for Match Of The Round.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Nigels are batting now.

We've got our tails up and only need to take better than 4-13. EASY.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wow, what a delivery from Starc, glad we're not chasing 200........

Downside of this is that we hardly ever beat you guys back-to-back so we're almost better off losing (& losing badly) in the Pool stage & go for the smash & grab win when it's sudden death. Don't recall it happening in cricket but the Kiwis have done it a time or 3 in the Loig.......

Oh crap, 145/7 & Mr Jarse is back in da house..................

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
With one of the boundaries only 45 metres from the pitch, batsmen the calibre of Finch, Warner, Taylor and McCullum, with 2 bowlers from each team capable of firing their missiles at >145km/hr, it is hard to believe that a target of <160 was set, and that the chase is not a simple cake walk.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There goes the castle. 8 wickets gone.

FFS, this game is not over. Clark sets 3 slips and 2 gullys with only 6 runs to defend and Starc gets a Michelle.

and as I type, it is now 9 down as the castle is rocked again.

Southee goes for a Golden Duck. Starc takes 6fer and is on a hat trick. 6 runs still needed by NZL. 1 wicket needed by Aust.

6 runs needed from 28 overs.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
image.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
"Take that" says Williamson as he casually strokes the ball across the boundary for maximum points.

Game over.

Awesome game. Well done both teams. This may be the wake up call that the Men in Gold need.

See you at the G for the final in a month.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
And finished in time for the Tribe vs CruSadists.

Considerate.

Time to switch to Fox2 for the kickoff in the Tron.

Status
Not open for further replies.