• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Aus have overhauled the Poms Wellywood effort.

Vettori has bowled out, Boult starting his last over so double-change coming up unless Boult gets a 6th........

Finishes with 5/27 & IF we win will no doubt get MOTM but for mine it was Vettori's spell that changed the course of the Aus innings. Southee back on, I guess Milne will replace Boult & they'll only use Anderson & Elliott if they have to.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Southee feeding Haddin rubbish to hit. Get him off strike FFS, have a crack at Cummins.

Finishes the over with yet another one heading down leg but gets the result, Cummins on strike & let's see how he likes Milne at 150 k-ish straight & full......

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Milne bowls 5 dots then goes for 4 but upside is that Cummins is on strike.

Or maybe not such an upside, Cummins with a beautiful on-drive for 4. Need to wrap this up pronto, don't wanna be chasing more than 175 I reckon.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anderson's first goes for 6, second goes to deep gully, NZ will be chasing 152 in about 10 minutes...........

One way or t'other, this is gonna be well over before Chiefs & Crusaders kickoff :)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Now, about that decision to bat first.

Not even angry. The Aussie odds are going to be fantastic after this game!

I still reckon the Kiwi's are overrated and won't stand a chance at the MCG.
Hard to say they're overrated when they're smashing everyone that comes up against them. Strong batting line up, very solid mix of bowlers, field well. Hmm, not sure if "won't stand a chance" would be the words I'd choose. Now, if you said the Aussies are overrated a bit......... They approached batting like millionaires without a care in the world for the large part. Warner and Haddin looked to have some application.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Guptil 4 off the first ball which is a no-ball, smashes the free hit for 6 over cover. C'mon lads, get this done & dusted so I can finish the lawns before footy starts (& whilst I'm sober enough to start the mower :))

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hoodoo . . . Schmoodoo
All Yesterdays are history. Today is a new day.
<snip>

Oops. :oops:
Leave the TV alone for an hour or two and WTF happens.

Hugh's Kiss of Death strikes. My next prediction is that the NZ rugby Team will win the RWC 2015, easily: in an absolute canter.

It doesn't help much, when defending a miserable total that is less than AB De V got, that the score after the 1st legal delivery is 11 runs.

This may be the wake up call that the Men in Gold need. So far the NZ team is handing us our buttocks in a picnic hamper with a black polka dot gingham cover. Full credit to them.

How many texts are you getting from your Australian based NZ friends right now? :(

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ouch! Never mind the strapping, get the fuck off & put some ice on it. Trust the other guys to get the job done. Or stay there & smack the next one for 4. Your call, Macca.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Guptil 4 off the first ball which is a no-ball, smashes the free hit for 6 over cover. C'mon lads, get this done & dusted so I can finish the lawns before footy starts (& whilst I'm sober enough to start the mower :))
Don't wear your jandals, mate!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Here comes the collapse.

NZ will be all out for 109. Time for dinner before tonight's Super Rugby games start.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Here comes the collapse.

NZ will be all out for 109. Time for dinner before tonight's Super Rugby games start.

From 45/1? No-one could possibly..... oh hang on....... as you were.

Macca clearly not right, needs to go off (cue 4 straight down the ground..... YES!)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I can see that collapse happening any second now.

NZL 73 - 1 off 7 overs. McCallum breezes past 50, hurt arm, loses concentration. Middle stump to go. Cue collapse.

Edit: Picked it like a nose.

McCullum gone, holing out to Cummings. NZL 78 - 2. AUS were 80-1. We have this in the bag*.

* Yeah Right

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ apart from him holing out rather than being castles, you're remarkably prescient, Mr Jarse :) Dave Dobbyn's "Loyal" belting out, almost makes me wish I was in Auckland right now (mainly as it's only an hour or so drive from there to Waikato Stadium, y'know).

Oh dreary deary me, 79/3: it couldn't possibly, could it? Tea break. The lawn awaits..........

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ something something monkeys something typewriters something something Shakespeare.

30 minutes to get that Lawn done @Waiopehu OB.

Status
Not open for further replies.