• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Rebels Friday 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Classic sleeping Kiwi from Cru #9, and rightly rested. Although Marshall strangely not in complete agreement.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Big chance for the Rebels here. Need to play like maniacs for the first 10 mins in the 2nd and accumulate points and then just hang on.

Classic sleeping Kiwi from Cru #9, and rightly rested. Although Marshall strangely not in complete agreement.

That was hilarious call by him. I mean Drummond did look a little trapped but made absolutely no attempt at all to roll.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Not many tippers outside the state of Mexico would have tipped a score like that at Oranges.

If they play smart in the second stanza, we could be headed for the first upset of the season.

Shrewd purchase was Aussie Mike.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Rebels playing a rather light forward pack, a lot of players good in the loose but no one to really get over the advantage in tight. Which is fine if you want to play with a but more of an expansive game plan, I just don't think they have the skill/partnership in the 9-10 channel to support it

A bit of misapprehension here about the Rebels' scrum. Front row id marginally heavier than The Crus', but the back row marginally lighter. Almost the same weight all up.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Failed concussion test. Take note WRU.

The Crusaders backrow is pretty light too. Luke Whitelock is a small #8 and two 7s.

T

TOCC

A bit of misapprehension here about the Rebels' scrum. Front row id marginally heavier than The Crus', but the back row marginally lighter. Almost the same weight all up.

its metaphorically speaking in reference to the style of the players, especially prevalent at lock and the back row. Higgers is a heavy bloke, but he doesn't make good meters up the guts..

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well done Rebels just wasted 5 mins of Drummond's binning.

Rebels won't even get to attack against 14.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
If the officials don't start getting defenders behind the ruck/maul this is going to be a season of one out crash ball and blind side running.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lineout costing Rebels big time but 5 man backrow has been pretty effective around the park.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well, it was past horizontal, I guess......... But brought down safely. Hmm, fair call, I guess, but hardly dangerous in the intent of the law I think. Here comes the yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.