• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Reds Prelim 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Pretty awful by the reds, good game by the Crusaders.

Why do they talk about the reds being good with the pick and drives? They are god awful. All season they have repeatedly lost the ball after about 15 or 17 phases of pick and drives.

Maybe it's meant to be the "pick and shovels"!!

Reactions: gel

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Gill, Cooper & CFS the only Reds to do any good tonight.

Pretty much the way I see it too. Despite the distractions, Quade handled himself quite well tonight. I will wait for barbs to correct me on that though!

It was our forwards and midfield, along with the sheer brilliance of the crusaders that beat us tonight.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
We demand a high performance from our players and the same should be expected of the officials. I dont think we get it.

What about when Shipperly dropped it cold in the 2nd half? Nothing the match officials did comes even close to that error.

The fact is, such a high standard is demanded of the match officials that when they do make a small error, it gets blown out of proportion because it falls outside the small margin of error we expect from them. People will call for their careers to end over smaller errors than those committed by players every single game.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
I think Cooper made no mistakes, so that was good. On the other hand he did bloody nothing No inspiration. For a guy tipped to be the next Wallaby 10, I think he should have done something other than shovel it on. I really believe he is not up to to being the Wallaby 10 at international level. You would be better developing someone else.
I would play Lealiifano and develop another 2nd five. Lilo has the right temperament and no major chinks in his game. A far more solid test match option.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Angry Seahorse, Mrs Doug has just chastised me because I told her I recently confessed that I would "like to ruck you"!
You can now see what I have to put up with!
Your 'Saders were too good for my "pinks" (not quite Reds) tonight!

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I think Cooper made no mistakes, so that was good. On the other hand he did bloody nothing No inspiration. For a guy tipped to be the next Wallaby 10, I think he should have done something other than shovel it on. I really believe he is not up to to being the Wallaby 10 at international level. You would be better developing someone else.
I would play Lealiifano and develop another 2nd five. Lilo has the right temperament and no major chinks in his game. A far more solid test match option.
Everyone was pissed off with JOC (James O'Connor) not passing it and now quades not good enough because all he did was distribute? His forwards were smashed. He had no hope on hell anyway.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
All Dan Carter did was shovel it on. Most of the tries he had significant help from the other backs.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
For supposedly one of the most creative teams in super rugby this is completely shocking. Boring stuff and it really seems that the attacking brilliance that brought them so much success in 2011 has lost out to bullshit "deansesque" conservatism.

Congrats to the crusaders for playing textbook, champagne rugby. Ewen has alot of work to do.

This Reds debacle has a clear history, it's been a long time coming. Have a close look at how we lost badly to the Sharks last QF we played, the clues to a mediocre 2013 season were there. The clues to tonight were there, in that our team has not improved in any way like adequately enough since July 2011, worse even, nor has the coaching and our reckless self-satisfaction in not recruiting the type of upgraded attacking players we need at (at least) at 15, 13, 11/14.

Tonight captured a story of complacency and it's inevitable consequence, decline relative to others possessing the essential passion to improve and conquer anew. We possessed that magic elixir for a glorious golden period, 2010-11.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Link through the game to get all the Kiwis hopes up before the Bledisloe. Worked a treat by the looks of it. Maybe.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
A lot of good 10s just shovel it on a lot of the time - watch Carter (and this is no criticism). But they know when to hit it up, take a tackle or kick it, and do it effectively.
Quade would have looked a lot better behind a pack going forward with quick ball, which the Reds seldom had, even when they strung some phases together.
I thought he did OK tonight. The defence was all at sea, with players seemingly not familiar with where they should be at times. Crusaders defence was mighty.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Pretty much the way I see it too. Despite the distractions, Quade handled himself quite well tonight. I will wait for barbs to correct me on that though!

It was our forwards and midfield, along with the sheer brilliance of the crusaders that beat us tonight.

Yeah, fair play to him. It must be hard getting booed constantly. Pretty pathetic crowd performance.

That being said, he didn't exactly light up the field tonight. Behind a completely dominated forward pack sure. He just went completely into a shell though, from one extreme to another. I still contest that he's afraid of taking the ball into contact. He makes the odd tackle now though.

Reds up against it, Crusaders were good, didn't get much help from the man in pink. They didn't really have any answer though, McKenzie forgetting to bring a plan B? Or saving it for the Wallabies, would bet on that.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not quite? Why. Because the Kiwis don't boo quade? Wtf.
Actually ,I was quite surprised how little booing there was when Quade was kicking, I know they gave him raspberry in general play but were real quiet during his kicks!! I didn't think Quade played badly, Reds forwards were torn a new one by Whitelock and company, and Genia was shut down completely!! Also felt for Johnno Lance and Ben Lucas, they looked not too flash in defence, but mainly because they were defending out of position because of ..............

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Actually ,I was quite surprised how little booing there was when Quade was kicking, I know they gave him raspberry in general play but were real quiet during his kicks!! I didn't think Quade played badly, Reds forwards were torn a new one by Whitelock and company, and Genia was shut down completely!! Also felt for Johnno Lance and Ben Lucas, they looked not too flash in defence, but mainly because they were defending out of position because of ......
How many shots do quade have? I remember his first shot. The one that went over. The booing was very loud. Even cano on the sideline said he couldn't here when he was taking the kick. Quade wasn't bad that's for sure. U r right about the forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.