• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Reds (Rnd 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebber

Frank Row (1)
Players who don't deserve to be paid for playing rugby aka stealing a living:
  • James Horwill
  • Anthony Fainga'a
  • Lachlan Turner
  • Chris Feauai-Sautia
  • Ben Tapuai
  • James O'Connor

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
I Feel sorry for the players. They are obviously badly coached and are directionless for the most part. Poorly prepared and nothing in the way of a true leader off the park to turn to. Slipper is the only leader of any worth in this organization at he moment. Everyone else above his level has let the team, the organization, the name , the legend, and the fans down badly.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Considering that Horwill, Simmons Thompson and Hanson have all played test rugby the Reds lineout had been as poor as the backline play. 3 losses on own ball. Simmons a clear lazy miss on Whitelock for the latter's try. Only LFG (and slipper) should be anywhere near a wallaby jersey it is his bad luck that Pocock and Hooper are in front of him.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Finally. Meat for CFS.

All the Reds needed to do was get into the Cru 22. JOC (James O'Connor) converts.

58 - 17 with time almost up.

Siren goes. Ball is still live.

Kick it out. Put them out of their misery.

Penalty to Cru. Ball is hoofed out and Sir toots the Acme Thunderer for no game.

Final Score: Reds 17 CruSadists 58.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I am waratahs and rebels man as lived in both states...but first and foremost an Australian rugby fan who watches all Australian 5 super rugby team games......and does not like to see any side struggle as want strong Australian Conference....

And for that reason sad to see REDS side which is so pivotal and important to strength of Australian rugby given the clout and importance to rugby QLD is....doing so poorly....

On paper this was a quality side tonight...injuries do not excuse this as had enough quality...clearly down on confidence....

Why the coach has been retained is beyond me.....as he has to be held accountable for why he can't produce better results than this....

I am just gutted to see Reds hammered like they have been tonight given importance of Reds to Australian Rugby....

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
58-17 somehow as bad as the score is it still doesn't really tell how bad the Reds are. The Reds of 2009 were better than this and Mooney sacked. There is just no part of the Reds play that is anywhere near the required level. Other teams would be more nervous playing than about getting injured rather than losing the game. Slipper kidding himself if he thinks they were ever in that game. They had more than 70% of territory and over 60%possession in the first half and did nothing with it.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Golden Slipper claims to have a groin "issue", noticed just before oranges, and didn't "came right" after the break. Hopefully not serious. He is critical to both the Reds and Wallabies for 2015.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Marto throwing down, calling out the board on Woody. Saying the players are set against the coaches and don't give a stuff anymore. Sad sad days at the Reds.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
With the loss of a few quality players next year can only be worse if Dickson is in charge.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
The Theory of Correlations:

In the week or so when the QRU leak to their sycophantic 'pals of QLD' journos (they only leak these days, nothing direct) that Graham will be reappointed for 2016, we are absolutely decimated vs the Cru.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bring David Nucifora back. Even his midas faecal touch couldn't stuff things up as badly as things are in club Red at the moment.

Swandive

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well that was just embarrassing. Abominable. I'm an Aussie rugby fan (any team) but that just makes me want to go and hide.

Generally I'm not one to blame coaches as they don't make the tackles and drop the ball but I think I'm gonna get on the band wagon and call for Coach Graham to step aside. He just doesn't seem able to instill heart, tenacity & the will to win. He also does not possess a good record as a coach at Super level. As in any job if you are not getting the results than it is time to move on. If they continue with him as coach I fear that the Reds will have another season at the bottom of the ladder.

I feel sorry for Gill and Hanson who stood out like dogs balls among their inept team mates.

Some guys who I thought might be in the Wallabies squad just did themselves a massive disservice. I now think that Genia, Kerevi & O'Connor should not be in the squad. I thought Kerevi may have an outside chance but he is so one dimensional. Genia - as usual....meerkatting and those damn annoying box kicks. And I pray to god that Horwill is not chosen. He is a horrible shadow of what he once was. A real plodder now.

The Reds just looked scared. Couldn't tackle a fishing box. It looked like a Super 14 team against an Under 12's team.

I could just go on and on and on but it won't change a damn thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.