• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Reds, Round 11, 6 May 2016, AMI Stadium, Christchurch

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wow, when did a conversion last get charged down at this level? Excellent try by Magnay, kid's got some gas (but a shite barber :))

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Charged down conversion from right in front is unacceptable. McIntyre needs to pick his game up.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm sorry but there's no way he has control of that

Doesn't need to. Paraphrasing the Laws a bit here but as long as he's in contact with the ball & the ball's in contact with the ground, it's a try.

EDIT: there's no mention of "downward pressure" in the relevant Law, either.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Crusaders getting numerous home town decisions. Game's effectively over though right?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
These comms are a larf. "How do you pick one guy out of that?" with regards to the YC to Read for collapsed maul. Maybe because he quite clearly collapsed it might in front of the ref??

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
And the fact when then everybody got themselves up, there was still one guy in a red jersey in a heap at the bottom. I couldn't see who it was, but I said "the guy at the bottom of that is going off for sure."

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
We give our commentators are bad wrap on here but these kiwis ones tonight are true bell ends.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Reds have lost more metre with ball in hand than they have gained with ball in hand.

That's because they only have two players, Gill and Frisby.

They set up these attacking rucks and send at least 2, sometimes 3, forwards to scratch their own ass near the ruck. They never think to pick the bloody ball up and keep the pace up. So the ball is super slow, the 10 sits 10 back and you go no where. Unless Gill goes and picks it up and does good player stuff.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Just so I am clear on the rules:

You do not actually have to have control of the ball when scoring a try - you just need to be in contact with it AND not play for Queensland. Is that correct?

CFS was in contact judging by that replay

Status
Not open for further replies.