• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

English Away Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

I would laugh and think it is the ultimate flattery, but I don't think a jersey has magical powers and that colours can be owned, a jersey is a jersey is a jersey.
If a jersey is so dam unimportant why didnt they choose a design which didnt match the hosting nation..

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
this whole thing is funny as hell.

the IRB set laws that all teams must have an away jersey to avoid colour clash.

england wear an all white jersey, so to avoid colour clash they should have a dark colour as there alternate. most jersey designs last around 3 years. They usually change for the world cup to sell jerseys and promote innovation from the kit makers.

if england had worn red, it would have been wales colour, if they had worn blue, scotlands and france, green - ireland, why not black? it doesnt matter, there not going to wear it against the all blacks anyway. Wales away jersey is black just with some red trim and no one is complaining about that.

its an absolute beat up of epic proportions.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
this whole thing is funny as hell.

the IRB set laws that all teams must have an away jersey to avoid colour clash.

england wear an all white jersey, so to avoid colour clash they should have a dark colour as there alternate. most jersey designs last around 3 years. They usually change for the world cup to sell jerseys and promote innovation from the kit makers.

if england had worn red, it would have been wales colour, if they had worn blue, scotlands and france, green - ireland, why not black? it doesnt matter, there not going to wear it against the all blacks anyway. Wales away jersey is black just with some red trim and no one is complaining about that.

its an absolute beat up of epic proportions.

I think Spiro recently made the preposterous comment that if England came up against the All Blacks and won the coin toss they could go out in their black jerseys like the French did in 2007...

But why would they? Their main strip is white, so there is no clash with the All Blacks...

In fact, they'll probably only wear the jersey against Argentina...

The whole thing is just silly...

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
If a jersey is so dam unimportant why didn't they choose a design which didnt match the hosting nation..

dunno, you might as well ask Wales as well

watermarked_thumbnail.aspx

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Maybe Poms are motivated differently but I'd want to be wearing colours that say something about our team, not one that says 'wanna-be-all-blick'.

Should have stuck with the anthracite, looked good.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I think Spiro recently made the preposterous comment that if England came up against the All Blacks and won the coin toss they could go out in their black jerseys like the French did in 2007...

But why would they? Their main strip is white, so there is no clash with the All Blacks...

In fact, they'll probably only wear the jersey against Argentina...

The whole thing is just silly...

spiros article was full of shit as usual. dark blue is now black, black is now sacred. Is it only a story cos there playing in NZ?
next world cups in england, wonder what colour the All Black alternate will be.

O

OLDDOG

just the poms tryin to get in the kiwis headspace with mindgames. to me it means they reckon they're gonna be there in the final, and they'll take any edge, advantage and opportunity they can in the mental side of the equation.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
True but they are the All Blacks ffs. So Australians won't be pissed if the World Cup was here and the Poms rocked up with a Gold jersey? You'd be spitting mad.

Funnily the Kiwis have actually been quite relaxed about it. I hope they give the Poms endless shit once they arrive though.

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Some would maybe. I know I wouldn't, we don't have exclusive rights to the colour gold. If it's their away jersey then they can wear what they like. There will be no colour clashes, so I really don't see the problem.

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
i reckon it's hilarious. So much so, I ordered one last night just to get in on the piss take. Might have to sew on a silly looking reverse dog collar to make it more authentic.

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
We wont be playing the poms in that kit so i don't really give a shit. I'm just glad we aint playing in grey again, now that would've been a kick in the bollocks from ze germans at adidas

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
just the poms tryin to get in the kiwis headspace with mindgames. to me it means they reckon they're gonna be there in the final, and they'll take any edge, advantage and opportunity they can in the mental side of the equation.

But, if England meet New Zealand in any match including the final, England will be wearing white...

Their primary jerseys don't clash.

Patto.

Allen Oxlade (6)
If the Poms meet the AB's and jersey is decided by coin toss you could have a situation whereby supporters in white are supporting the team in black and supporters in black supporting the team in white. Casual watchers on the box would see the team in white score 5 tries to nil and see the score board showing All Blacks 35, England Nil. Stick to traditional colours and screw the marketing jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.