• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ewen McKenzie - Life after the Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
They've already pocketed around $5M of the Lions funds. I don't think they'll be keen to throw any of the remaining money they make away.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If I had to guess (and this hasn't been done to death much over the years) but I would say that Deans will run the Lions tour and (unless we get smashed 3-0) the RC as well. The EOYT will be Robbie's first gig under his new contract taking him to the 2015 RWC.

What I think will end up happening.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
What I think will end up happening.

Other than perhaps a coach that has achieved consistently outstanding results for his team/country, 6 years (as this year will be for Deans) is absolutely enough time for any coach's tenure, Deans or otherwise. There must be renovation, fresh thinking, updated techniques and methods, new coaching team members and so on to fully refresh the playing and development strategy and outcomes for an elite sporting team that must adapt and succeed in new competitive conditions and for changing sports audiences.

It is inconceivable to me that Pulver and Hawker would not recognise this obvious principle as applying to perhaps their most important national asset. 8 years of Deans is surely unimaginable.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
..... 6 years (as this year will be for Deans) is absolutely enough time for any coach's tenure, Deans or otherwise.
Totally agree with this.
I have been a Deans supporter,and think he has done a reasonable job with the available cattle.
But 6 years is a long time,any extensions past this date should only be for exceptional results.
He needs a fucking huge year to justify any extension IMO.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Deans should have been out of a job years ago. There are no more final straws, the bloke needs to go the minute the siren sound in the third lions test - regardless of if we win the series.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I guess the ARU are gambling on the fact if Link has become impatient and does go, they have White to fall back on.

At least I fucking hope it's White, the useless bastards will probably give Nuci the gig.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Those Campo tweets use punctuation and the words are in an order that gives them a meanining that can be understood by casual observers.

Campo has a ghostwriter!

Status
Not open for further replies.